Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
He's played his last game for the club. Absolutely delighted. Martial FC fans please follow him.

Rashford might be in absolutely woeful form but he's no coward like this cretin. Rashford will carry on fighting and get his form back eventually. Guaranteed.
Martial was the bigger talent and at his peak was better than Rashford. This is nothing short of awful news for the club and it’s a symptom of why we have become so poor.

Mainoldo

Barcelona are broken right now!! Go give them some money and drop Martial in any deal. We are so backwards. De Jong, Dembele. Just figure it out.

Jonty

Like many fans I held on to so much hope for Martial, at this point I would love to see the sack him for breach of contract and brazen it out in the courts if needs be. The club need to take a stand against the players and shit like this provides the opportunity to do so.

UncleBob

Di Maria was a sought after player, one year removed from being the best player in a CL winning campaign. Martial is an expensive player that has been out of form for about 18 months. I would be very surprised if he gets a similar contract somewhere else.
He'll clearly not get a similar contract somewhere else, but it seems his priority is to actually play. I argued against the notion of selling him in the summer because we were short on numbers and we were bound to struggle with injuries and covid, then we signed Ronaldo out of the blue and rendered Martials existence at the club as pretty much useless. He was never going to make the bench in a fully fit team, brilliant overall planning. Ralf came in and made it ever so clear that Martial wasn't going to be a part of the squad as a result of wanting to leave, future not sorted etc, which is perfectly fine, but surely it can't be a shock to anyone that after being told that, Martial isn't going to jump at the chance to be in a squad where we list two goalkeepers just to make up the numbers to reach 8 reserves on the bench, he was never going to be used anyway.

Donny, Henderson, Lingard, Bailly and Martial. There's no point whatsoever in making the situation even worse, just get rid of them. Find a club that will actually play Donny, unlike us, and pray he performs well so we can get a decent fee for him, same goes for Martial and Henderson. Ship has sailed with Lingard, sadly

Manny

Grammar Police
It was pretty obvious that he was a waste of space years ago. Ole then got a tune out of him and it brought him another season where he was shit.

I always felt he was one of those that would do the rounds and end up playing football in Turkey at 28-29. He was never going to have the character to be one of our forwards.

Glad he's off. Martial FC can leave with him.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Yeah, but we aren't supposed to criticise top footballers because they earn so much money, nobody understands human part of it. Or something like that.

Am I doing it right?

Robertd0803

Why are people so obsessed about this notion? He's likely to be fined quite a lot, wouldn't be surprised if it's two weeks wages.
About never wanting to see him play for us again?

Well he already wants out (which is fair enough, lots of players wants to leave their club on any given day) but now he is refusing to play despite Ronaldo and Rashford being injured and Sancho nursing an injury? Really great approach there from him.

Add that to his lazy application over the years its not surprising to me that this is the final straw for a lot of people that may have previously defended him.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
And would Martial qualify as a member of the golden part?
Well, we both know he ended up not really being a part of much of anything for France but I think he could have been considered back when he first came because we were already starting to look like we had a good young-ish core with Varane, Umtiti, Griezmann, Pogba, Kante, Coman, Dembele, and then Mbappe right after Martial, but I was addressing the comment of the generation as a whole. The hopes were high, people laughed off the Ballon d'Or clause until he started playing but with Martial it was always a poor season following a good one, and now it's nothing but poor form and unprofessionalism to add to it. It's a shame, but there's been more talented players who have wasted their career. I'll check in on wherever he lands next, but I have zero expectations for him.

Irrational.

As someone has beautifully summarised on Twitter: he’s ADM with a fan club.

The other prima donnas need to be booted out too. We know who they are.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
He'll be docked wages, perfectly normal.

Ralf didn't want him in the squad earlier and made that clear in regards to Martial wanting to leave, which is fair enough by all means, but it can hardly be much of a shock that Martial sees no point when he's suddenly included in a squad where we have two goalkeepers on the bench of 8.

People want him to make a push for the door, and here it is. Hopefully we can sod him off on loan and hopefully get rid during the summer for a decent fee.
It's really not normal. He can ask for a transfer and do his job as a professional like VDB or many other players are doing.

Anyway what cnut. We'll probably end up paying him to feck off Sanchez style and then @Raven will come out and still tell us how his salary doesn't make it difficult to offload him and he could be a top player for Juve or something.

UncleBob

About never wanting to see him play for us again?

Well he already wants out (which is fair enough, lots of players wants to leave their club on any given day) but now he is refusing to play despite Ronaldo and Rashford being injured and Sancho nursing an injury? Really great approach there from him.

Add that to his lazy application over the years its not surprising to me that this is the final straw for a lot of people that may have previously defended him.
Wages. Some seem to make up obscure arguments about not showing up for work but expecting to be paid, it's fairly obvious we're fining him and either way it's the least of our concerns.

In terms of approach, he refused to be in the traveling squad and be on the bench that consisted of two goalkeepers just to make up 8 players. It's hardly that much of a shock, given that Ralf stated publicly that Martial wouldn't be in squads based on his desire to leave the club. By all means, it's a cnutish thing to do either way but it makes feck all of an overall difference as there was never any intention to actually play him, if there was he would've been in other squads.

90 + 5min

Wages. Some seem to make up obscure arguments about not showing up for work but expecting to be paid, it's fairly obvious we're fining him and either way it's the least of our concerns.

In terms of approach, he refused to be in the traveling squad and be on the bench that consisted of two goalkeepers just to make up 8 players. It's hardly that much of a shock, given that Ralf stated publicly that Martial wouldn't be in squads based on his desire to leave the club. By all means, it's a cnutish thing to do either way but it makes feck all of an overall difference as there was never any intention to actually play him, if there was he would've been in other squads.
You either are profesional or you are not. You either respect your teammates or you don't. Character zero. I would never ever allow him near changing because he clearly doesn't care about anything. I don't know how how he can ever look in the eyes of another players or manager.

DickDastardly

I remember a certain other french player who called his coach a "sack of shit".....

First name starts with E, and the last name starts with a C.

So, who knows what's going on behind closed doors.

Didn't work out. Feck it.

Chairman Steve

I remember a certain other french player who called his coach a "sack of shit".....

First name starts with E, and the last name starts with a C.

So, who knows what's going on behind closed doors.

Didn't work out. Feck it.
Didnt think much of that fecking Eduardo Camavinga :cool:

TsuWave

A £400K a week player signed to stop City signing him, a £290K a week player running down his contract whilst recovering from 'injury' in Dubai, a £200K a week player who's more of a charity worker than footballer, and now a £200K a week prick who's refusing to play games.
The way you guys talk about Rashford is so weird. The guy is out of form. It happens. Especially when you have been sidelined for a while, all due to playing through injury for the club.

and we’re back to doubting Pogba is injured? last time he had to IG videos of him on the way to surgery and recovery. wonder what he’ll have to do this time.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
A £400K a week player signed to stop City signing him, a £290K a week player running down his contract whilst recovering from 'injury' in Dubai, a £200K a week player who's more of a charity worker than footballer, and now a £200K a week prick who's refusing to play games.

The lack of leadership at board level is utterly disgraceful and the reason why are stuck in this mess. The tail is wagging the dog. The club's out of control.
Spot on. Excellent post except the Rashford bit.

This stems from the top. Weak management and years of mismanagement of the club have led us here.

Phil Jones getting a 4 year new contract is up there too as well as the Sanchez fiasco.

We are ran by morons.

Shimo

Can’t believe I’ve backed him all this time. He can absolutely do one. Hope we let him rot now - not even get to train with the reserves.

Gutless !

UncleBob

It's really not normal. He can ask for a transfer and do his job as a professional like VDB or many other players are doing.

Anyway what cnut. We'll probably end up paying him to feck off Sanchez style and then @Raven will come out and tell us all how hi salary doesn't make it difficult to offload him and he could be a top player for Juve or something
Plenty of players do it, plenty of players have done it to join us in the past. In terms of VDB, if he wasn't even getting in the match day squads as a result of wanting to move he'd be kicking up a lot of shit as well.

He's got two years left on his contract, he'll be sold for a low fee no later than the summer, to the benefit of both parties, hardly any need to pay anyone off ala Sanchez, I hope.

You either are profesional or you are not. You either respect your teammates or you don't. Character zero. I would never ever allow him near changing because he clearly doesn't care about anything. I don't know how how he can ever look in the eyes of another players or manager.
Don't be such a drama queen, it's not that black and white. He wants to feck off, he's made that perfectly clear and Ralf has made it perfectly clear that as a result he's not included in match squads either. Due to the injuries to Rashford and Ronaldo, Ralf includes Martial in a squad where we have two ( :lol: ) goalkeepers on the bench to make up extra numbers and he says he's not interested, it hardly makes a difference as he was never going to play and under Ralf he's never been near the normal match day squad either. No idea why Ralf suddenly says "He would have been in the squad normally", when he's made it clear he's not really up for consideration.

It's never nice when it comes to this, and it's always a cnutish thing to do, but yeah.

In terms of respect, sadly, plenty of players at the club need to take a hard look at themselves. I have no idea why the club tolerates so much, Lingard and his West Ham bollox and Rashford's PR stories

WPMUFC

So we essentially have a squad full of players where if we want to move them on, it will either be payouts to end contracts or leaving on a free.

Brilliant club management.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Spot on. Excellent post except the Rashford bit.

This stems from the top. Weak management and years of mismanagement of the club have led us here.

Phil Jones getting a 4 year new contract is up there too as well as the Sanchez fiasco.

We are ran by morons.
Rashford shits gold in your eyes, doesn't he?

Atheist

Wonder which manager gave him that fat contract extension. We need to stop rewarding players who're failing (see Rashford). None of the players in the current squad deserve contract extensions (at least not 5-6 year ones) as it stands. We should wait till their last years before handing out any new ones. Not doing so has been disastrous for us.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Rashford shits gold in your eyes, doesn't he?
Nope. But he's shown more than enough for me over the years to know he will get his mojo back.

I prefer Greenwood over Rashford too. I just don't like the flak he's getting. He will be hurting with his performances. He's a red like we all are.

90 + 5min

Plenty of players do it, plenty of players have done it to join us in the past. In terms of VDB, if he wasn't even getting in the match day squads as a result of wanting to move he'd be kicking up a lot of shit as well.

He's got two years left on his contract, he'll be sold for a low fee no later than the summer, to the benefit of both parties, hardly any need to pay anyone off ala Sanchez, I hope.

Don't be such a drama queen, it's not that black and white. He wants to feck off, he's made that perfectly clear and Ralf has made it perfectly clear that as a result he's not included in match squads either. Due to the injuries to Rashford and Ronaldo, Ralf includes Martial in a squad where we have two ( :lol: ) goalkeepers on the bench to make up extra numbers and he says he's not interested, it hardly makes a difference as he was never going to play and under Ralf he's never been near the normal match day squad either. No idea why Ralf suddenly says "He would have been in the squad normally", when he's made it clear he's not really up for consideration.

It's never nice when it comes to this, and it's always a cnutish thing to do, but yeah.

In terms of respect, sadly, plenty of players at the club need to take a hard look at themselves. I have no idea why the club tolerates so much, Lingard and his West Ham bollox and Rashford's PR stories
No drama queen. Just simple thinking from a "old" generation. Players nowdays have no respect.

You are paid to do as you are told. You are paid crazy money. I really hope that there are big fines. Every week for reminder of his contract.

Hester_manc

So sad Martial`s time in the club ends like this. He is given so many money each month, but does not want to work for them because he has had a hard time. It's hard to feel sympathy for that attitude. It seems very spoiled. Martial peaked in his debut for the club and had a couple of good seasons. But his attitude is awful and he betrays himself, the club and the fans who have supported him.

Do not let him get near the training facility while the other players are there. He can train for himself before or after everyone else. He's a bad apple and should not influence the rest of the squad.

Tap

So we essentially have a squad full of players where if we want to move them on, it will either be payouts to end contracts or leaving on a free.

Brilliant club management.
Woodward should be shot for criminal incompetence.

Tap

Fine him every week for the rest of his contract and let it run out.
Hope we give Martial the Bastian treatment. Remove his training room locker, ostracise him and make him train with the reserves.

I don’t mind some “toxicity” being dished out to these overpaid, overrated infectious viruses.

Status
Not open for further replies.