4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishRedDevil

Remember that season Martial and Rashford were in a battle to score the most goals. Think both scored around 20 goals each. Seems like that was a different lifetime now.

flappyjay

Remember that season Martial and Rashford were in a battle to score the most goals. Think both scored around 20 goals each. Seems like that was a different lifetime now.
23 each with Mason getting 17. It hurts my soul every time I think about it.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Those were good times :(
And they were all so young too. Seemed like they could only get better and better from there. One of my big takeaways from the post-Fergie disaster is that the assumption I’ve always had that an excellent 21 year old footballer will definitely turn into an even better 25 year old footballer is a load of bollox. One of many reasons that Fergie’s fledglings were so unique. Every single one of them fulfilled their early promise. We might never see that happen again in our lifetimes.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
And they were all so young too. Seemed like they could only get better and better from there. One of my big takeaways from the post-Fergie disaster is that the assumption I’ve always had that an excellent 21 year old footballer will definitely turn into an even better 25 year old footballer is a load of bollox. One of many reasons that Fergie’s fledglings were so unique. Every single one of them fulfilled their early promise. We might never see that happen again in our lifetimes.
Feel like it's been more than 21 years since the academy produced anything like the best of the Co92

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Where is Martial FC claiming he'd pull up trees in Sevilla.

Just admit defeat, an absolute bluffer. Get rid and he can float around the likes of Torino, Sociadad, Marseille, Palace etc.

Awful, awful player.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft

Just admit defeat, an absolute bluffer. Get rid and he can float around the likes of Torino, Sociadad, Marseille, Palace etc.

Awful, awful player.
ah he's not awful but he's finished here and he's wasted his potential. The Martial of 2015/16, what an astonishing talent, better than anything I've seen at United post Fergie. Unfortunately it didnt last and he regressed from there

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
23 each with Mason getting 17. It hurts my soul every time I think about it.
And we were expected to sign Sancho making ours potentially one of the more exciting young front lines about. Now we only have Sancho who looks like he could be a starter for years for come.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
ah he's not awful but he's finished here and he's wasted his potential. The Martial of 2015/16, what an astonishing talent, better than anything I've seen at United post Fergie. Unfortunately it didnt last and he regressed from there
I think even in 2015/16 he was overrated. Astonishing talent? Nah. Good potential? Sure.

We were going giddy after the absolute shower of our transition and against the tumescent backdrop of LVG football, he was made to look like some once in a generation player.

No other fan of any other team has ever said to me, I rate him.

romufc

Awful, awful player.
This.

When he was let out on loan, Martial FC was moaning that we are letting go of our best attacker. Sevilla milked the deal only to see that he is not that good.

The way I want to see us play, with high intensity and tempo, Martial does not fit in.

I really hope someone is daft enough to pay £50m for him.

romufc

Nobody will be paying £50m for him. At best maybe £20m. I envisage another loan next season.
Hence I said daft. This is what frustrates me the most, why would you loan a 26 year old and give a club a player for free and pay half his wages.

We need to get rid of him and many others asap, be it £20m, we need to start making money on sales.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Why not wait until a year left on his contract? That's what we usually do.

Greck

He wasn't benched he missed the games to injury after getting hurt in the first half of one of their games a week ago. Think the West ham game was the return. Obviously his availability is what there is to question so start there.

Roboc7

Fingers crossed he stays fit so have decent chance of offloading him. Given his wages it will be tough and fee will be quite modest but he wanted out in January and he’s just going to be in same situation if he doesn’t leave in the summer.

NoPace

It's weird. It's very rare in basketball for example for a 21 year old to not improve or at least stay the same, but seems to happen all the time in football.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
It's weird. It's very rare in basketball for example for a 21 year old to not improve or at least stay the same, but seems to happen all the time in football.
It feels like it happens a hell of a lot more in the past 10 years than it did in the previous 10-20. Although that might be me doing my usual old man yells at clouds shtick.

Greck

One of the biggest myths in football, scratch that, in all sports, is that young players will follow a continuous upwards trajectory. I'm sure if we actually sat down to crunch it we'd find out most players stagnate, stay the same or peak at the front side of their careers.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
What do you think happened to all those first round draftees you never heard about again?

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
He just came back from injury? He started 4 games in a row, got injured, came back mid week with a 15 minute sub.
I didn't realise he was injured, I saw he didn't start the last few and their manager mentioned he needs to improve so didn't know that

EDIT: He has played 5 games for them and scored 1 and assisted 1 as a no9, that's a poor return.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I didn't realise he was injured, I saw he didn't start the last few and their manager mentioned he needs to improve so didn't know that

EDIT: He has played 5 games for them and scored 1 and assisted 1 as a no9, that's a poor return.
He has played 261 minutes that's the equivalent of less than 3 games. That return is far from poor.

Foxbatt

How did he do as a sub? I saw that Bebe scored. At least one ex United player scored.

Raven

He also generally hasn't been playing as a 9. Since you don't have a clue what you're talking about, do you not think it better to keep quiet on the matter?

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
He also generally hasn't been playing as a 9. Since you don't have a clue what you're talking about, do you not think it better to keep quiet on the matter?
Every rating site has his heat map as the furthest forward, closest to a #9, keep your suggestions to yourself. Hes been poor, his valur has decreased since going on loan, so far it hasnt worked.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He doesn’t work hard enough to make a good enough impression on far too many games. His match against city last season was so good though. Hold up play on point and chased everything. He may somehow still have a future here because let’s face it. We are going to be giving him away and paying most of his wages otherwise

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Every rating site has his heat map as the furthest forward, closest to a #9, keep your suggestions to yourself. Hes been poor, his valur has decreased since going on loan, so far it hasnt worked.
Come on now. It’s 3 games. That will have zero effect on his transfer fee or whether not the loan works out. I know you said “so far” but it’s still way to early to draw any conclusions. Like a new signing having a quiet opening few games and saying “so far he’s not been worthy of that transfer fee”. Technically correct but a daft point to make.

NoPace

What do you think happened to all those first round draftees you never heard about again?
Those players haven't succeeded against adults. Someone like Martial is like Tyreke Evans being rookie of the year then not getting better. A first round pick who busts is more equivalent to someone doing well in the U-23 setup or academy, or maybe it's more accurate to say doing well on loan in like Holland or the Championship. But guys who put up real numbers in the NBA at 21 mostly improve.

TsuWave

:confused:

he hasn’t been playing as a number 9. What have you been watching?

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Come on now. It’s 3 games. That will have zero effect on his transfer fee or whether not the loan works out. I know you said “so far” but it’s still way to early to draw any conclusions. Like a new signing having a quiet opening few games and saying “so far he’s not been worthy of that transfer fee”. Technically correct but a daft point to make.
True but I can't see it changing, he went there in January and it's halfway through March, there's only another 2 months left of the season. Let me turn it around, do you expect him in the next 2 months to make them consider trying to buying him? I don't.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
True but I can't see it changing, he went there in January and it's halfway through March, there's only another 2 months left of the season. Let me turn it around, do you expect him in the next 2 months to make them consider trying to buying him? I don't.
Nope. I don’t think he has the mentality to succeed at a high level. That’s just a prediction though. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

M16Red

Watching the game and he is just jogging about.. like he might as well not be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.