4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

romufc

Interesting to see Martial has made it very clear that he wants to leave this summer.

Its not rocket science, we want him gone too, there are no suggestions that the club want to keep him.

I reckon there will be a shortage of suitors for him, given his 2/10 loan spell where United fans thought he will kill it.

Its up to him and his agent to find someone that is wiling to pay what he wants and £30m fee. If he is dead set on leaving he should take a pay cut and go somewhere.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Interesting to see Martial has made it very clear that he wants to leave this summer.

Its not rocket science, we want him gone too, there are no suggestions that the club want to keep him.

I reckon there will be a shortage of suitors for him, given his 2/10 loan spell where United fans thought he will kill it.

Its up to him and his agent to find someone that is wiling to pay what he wants and £30m fee. If he is dead set on leaving he should take a pay cut and go somewhere.
Agree - if he wants to leave he needs to drop his wage demands and be proactive in the move. If he doesn’t and is stuck here sulking, I hope we drop him into the reserves and let him see out his contract there.

romufc

Agree - if he wants to leave he needs to drop his wage demands and be proactive in the move. If he doesn’t and is stuck here sulking, I hope we drop him into the reserves and let him see out his contract there.
Yep, I dont see this pay him out and all sorts. You have clearly said you want to leave, be proactive, find someone that wants you.

The one thing I do not want to see is Martial here in August and we loan him out and pay 50% of his salary. No, we want a transfer fee this season, if not go play in the reserves.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Inter were desperate for him not that long ago, surely if they took a punt on Alexis Sanchez we can con them into taking martial?

united for life

It is sad where his career is heading. He’s had a terrible season including a bad loan spell. The problem with Martial is his work ethics and his urgency on the pitch. He is lazy to put it in simple terms and his body language on the pitch indicates that he won’t give much, he looks indifferent.

he’s also been unlucky being in a team that has struggled over the last decade. It’s obvious that young players suffer at the club in terms of development and this is what martial has suffered as a young forward.

at this point in time, i think his united career looks highly in doubt and it would be best for everyone for him to move on

Kaos

Inter were desperate for him not that long ago, surely if they took a punt on Alexis Sanchez we can con them into taking martial?
I feel like his disastrous stint at Sevilla has killed off any potential interest from other big clubs in the continent. Ironically it might have been easier to sell him had we just kept him at the club, even if he saw out the season with us in awful form. The smaller clubs would be reluctant unless he drops his wage demands.

The only saving grace I can see is he seems somewhat desperate to leave us, so maybe he will compromise on his wage demands, allowing a team like Monaco to perhaps take him back.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Buy out his contract and get rid.
Wouldn't that cost almost £40m? Better to get anything we can for him and get him off the books.

Did Martial take a pay cut to play for them?
I very much doubt it. He's under contract with us so he'll be getting his full wage while he's still with us no matter if he's loaned out or not.

hobbers

Wouldn't that cost almost £40m? Better to get anything we can for him and get him off the books.
The full amount would be about £22m but with these sort of things there's room for negotiation for an up front payment.

If he actually wants to have some form of a football career after United better to take a settlement lump sum and be a free agent.

Last edited:

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Did Martial take a pay cut to play for them?
I believe he lowered his weekly salary pay by about 25K. I don't think he will accept a much higher pay cut for a move which is why I think it will be very difficult to move him on. His advisors should tell him he will never make money like that again in the sport, at least IMHO.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
The full amount would be about £22m but I with these sort of things there's room for negotiation for an up front payment.

If he actually wants to have some form of a football career after United better to take a settlement lump sum and be a free agent.
Yeah you're right. Don't know why but I thought he had 3 years left on his contract and not 2. Still 2 years too long.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
He wants to leave?

Fine, no problem, nobody will mind that.

He has to be realistic about it, though.

For one thing, nobody's going to offer more than half a pack of crisps for him. And nobody's going to match his wages either.

He's very unattractive at the moment. As long as he realizes this, I'm sure United can accommodate him.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Some manager will fancy him as a fixer upper with United paying half his wage and if he likes it they’ll get him for free down the line. More horrible business from the business men because either way after next season he has all the power. Just sell these players when their value is high and they are asking for crazy deals

Hawks2008

Hopefully we can con some poor club into taking his deluded fanbase with him when he goes.

SER19

Its absolutely mind boggling that this is the guy who ripped this forum apart for years, with one side rating him like some sort of Henry clone

youngrell

This forum hates to admit it but everyone he wanted rid of we should have got rid of.
To be fair, it is 3+ years down the line. All the players Jose wanted rid of or didn’t fancy all had very good seasons after he left, it’s not like they’ve been complete duds the whole time.

RuudTom83

Not getting CL means his wages has already taken a hit next season…which should make his departure a little bit easier.

choccy77

It is sad where his career is heading. He’s had a terrible season including a bad loan spell. The problem with Martial is his work ethics and his urgency on the pitch. He is lazy to put it in simple terms and his body language on the pitch indicates that he won’t give much, he looks indifferent.

he’s also been unlucky being in a team that has struggled over the last decade. It’s obvious that young players suffer at the club in terms of development and this is what martial has suffered as a young forward.

at this point in time, i think his united career looks highly in doubt and it would be best for everyone for him to move on
If only he put as much effort on the pitch as he does cheating on his partners, he'd do well.

GazTheLegend

Given the success of some premier League expats in Italy, I could see Martial having a successful move to either Milan club, Roma or whoever wants to gamble on what would be a cut price signing for a French international, even if it didn't work out for him in Seville.

Status
Not open for further replies.