4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Von Mistelroum

I can't imagine anyone buying him. He's barely championship level and on wages that the clubs he's good enough for cannot afford.

dr.twinny

His head has obviously not been in Manchester for a while so this is no surprise. His wages will be a big problem but he'd probably leave on a loan to Italy or maybe back to France.

Lee565

There is a player there but just not consistent one, it really is 50/50 whether he has an absolutely dreadful or feels motivated to have a 20 goal season.

We have seen this yo-yoing with his form since he has been here

dirkey

Reading up about his loan spell. This mopey sack of snit did nothing to help us move him on. Great stuff Tony.

Reiver

With any luck he applies the same work ethic to getting on a plane as he does to playing in football matches - we might never see him back in the country, let alone a United shirt.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Complete waste of talent this guy. He doesn’t even resemble a footballer anymore when he does play.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

One can only hope the prospect of missing out on another world cup will have him try his absolute best to perform in the first few months of next season

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Maybe we could get a tune out of him next season?
I don't know, our options are pretty limited, unlikely to offload him seeing his wages so might as well give him one last go.

dinostar77

He needs a loan move to a club where he can rebuild his confidence. One of the promoted clubs like forest would be a good move. But they couldnt afford his wages and his ego wouldnt accept the move so we are stuck with him unfortunately.

crossy1686

career ending
Maybe we could get a tune out of him next season?
I don't know, our options are pretty limited, unlikely to offload him seeing his wages so might as well give him one last go.
Don't do it to yourself.

We'd be better off loaning him out for two seasons until he walks on a free, while subsidising some of his wages so he doesn't cost us £250k a week for the next two years, either that or offer him half his contract worth to rip it up and walk away this summer.

crossy1686

career ending
He needs a loan move to a club where he can rebuild his confidence. One of the promoted clubs like forest would be a good move. But they couldnt afford his wages and his ego wouldnt accept the move so we are stuck with him unfortunately.
Didn't he just do this? What was the point in going to Sevilla? For a holiday?

AndySmith1990

He's just had a loan move and he was just as useless

Walters_19_MuFc

I wouldn't get rid of him, simply because we need options. I also think, he still has a lot to give. It was only a few months ago he came on for us and changed the game for us against West Ham, which was his last appearance before moving on to Sevilla on loan.

Next season, assuming we buy a versatile attacker, we'd have:

Ronaldo
Sancho
New Attacker
Rashford
Martial
Elanga

Players like Amad, Garnarcho and Pellistri may go out on loan or get mins every now and again.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Don't do it to yourself.

We'd be better off loaning him out for two seasons until he walks on a free, while subsidising some of his wages so he doesn't cost us £250k a week for the next two years, either that or offer him half his contract worth to rip it up and walk away this summer.
I'll doubt anyone would be after him, for better or worse were stuck with him.

Gandalf

I genuinely wonder if he will be retired before 30. It just seems as though playing football is something he does because he is expected to but there is no indication that he actually enjoys the game or even any aspect of being part of a team other than the salary at this point. I am getting the same kind of vibes that guys like Tomas Brolin gave off in the latter days of their careers when it was obvious they had completely fallen out of love with the game and were going through the motions.

edcunited1878

He's physically broken and has to feel down on himself after that loan spell. However, he is also being used as a huge scapegoat for Sevilla's inability to improve as a team when they acquired him...thinking he'd push them to a serious position within La Liga.

He's a shadow of the Martial we once knew. Be interesting to see how he is able to cope during the summer and then be of use moving forward.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Another one of Ole's gifts.

He's one of my least favorite players at United but given we lack strikers right now. Would he be worth it as a bench option? Could Ten Haag use his natural technical ability and develop him some? One can hope.

RuudTom83

Its ETH I feel sorry for, the dressing room is going to be bloated again next season with the whingebags.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Look, the loan was worthwhile from the point of view of getting an independent view of his worth, workmate etc. Too easy to lay everything at the door of United's general shitness. If he has anything at all about him now, he knows he's in a make or break place in his career. If he can't get the finger out now, he never will.

crossy1686

career ending
He's physically broken and has to feel down on himself after that loan spell. However, he is also being used as a huge scapegoat for Sevilla's inability to improve as a team when they acquired him...thinking he'd push them to a serious position within La Liga.

He's a shadow of the Martial we once knew. Be interesting to see how he is able to cope during the summer and then be of use moving forward.
Did you see any of his performances for Sevilla? They booed him because he wasn't running at one point...

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Which is why we should just give him some money to disappear.
Unless he is some sort of a disruptive personality in the dressing room I'll doubt the club ever letting go of an asset like that and then there is always the possibility of demoting him to a reserve team.

I just hope that he has the decency to terminate his contract (he has wvery right to do what's best for himself obviously just a wish of mine).

We'll see what happens to him when ten hag takes control soon enough.

diarm

Unless he is some sort of a disruptive personality in the dressing room I'll doubt the club ever letting go of an asset like that and then there is always the possibility of demoting him to a reserve team.

I just hope that he has the decency to terminate his contract (he has wvery right to do what's best for himself obviously just a wish of mine).

How can a guy who mopes about putting in no effort not be a disruptive influence in the dressing room?

Imagine young lads coming up through the academy, watching him and thinking to themselves that that's the level of effort and workrate they need to aspire to in order to earn 250k a week?

Get him out. If we have to pay all of his salary to do it.

crossy1686

career ending

He's not an asset, he's a liability. We pay him a tonne of cash and he gives nothing in return. I'm hesitant to have him around the dressing room sulking and moaning, we don't know which other players we won't be able to shift and we don't need a negative cliche forming within the first team or reserves. A toxic dressing room will get Ten Hag sacked.

From what we know, he's the one that has asked to leave United and forced the loan move in January, we should honour that wish and send him packing. There were a few reports last month that said we were willing to offer him half the value of his current contract (£12m) to terminate the deal now and let him walk away. All things considered, that's the best for both parties.

Completely agree though mate, we can only hope he has the decency to take the money and run.

edcunited1878

Did you see any of his performances for Sevilla? They booed him because he wasn't running at one point...
Yes, they were poor on average. And he got stick (booed, as you mentioned) from the match going fans because his languid effort. His attitude and level of effort on pitch has always been subdued, even if he's doing his best.

Still think that article by Mitten on Martial's loan spell going very sour is a hit piece. You don't see that being written for Saul at Chelsea, who was equally worse or Lukaku who was an even bigger flop/mistake than Martial to Sevilla.

Martial is done at United. Don't think he will be able to cope physically anymore after his serious knee injury and lower body injuries stemming from that knee injury. He'll have to really dedicate and focus on his fitness, strength, and flexibility if he's to stick around Europe at a decent level.

dinostar77

Didn't he just do this? What was the point in going to Sevilla? For a holiday?
:lol: a holiday. Does seem like it. What i meant and put across badly, is that a move where he is the big fish in a small pomd and plays 40 games a season is what he may need. In theory boost his confidence, find his mojo and get some potential buyers interested again.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Another one of Ole's gifts.

He's one of my least favorite players at United but given we lack strikers right now. Would he be worth it as a bench option? Could Ten Haag use his natural technical ability and develop him some? One can hope.
Ole's gifts? Hahahaha

Ole didn't buy him. Ole didn't handle contract renewals.

crossy1686

career ending
:lol: a holiday. Does seem like it. What i meant and put across badly, is that a move where he is the big fish in a small pomd and plays 40 games a season is what he may need. In theory boost his confidence, find his mojo and get some potential buyers interested again.
Yeah I hear you, he needs to take a step down to a club with zero pressure, playing for nothing, and just go back to basics. Personally I have no faith he will ever recover in any meaningful way.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He was finished after Mourinho, who called him out as a waste of a player in the roster. Genius Ole though had to reconstruct vibes FC
Actually Joel Glazer was the one who blocked the sale.

Ole didn't have anywhere near the power you are portraying him to have. He was sadly a puppet for a failed regime. He did what he was told.

CloneMC16

I genuinely wonder if he will be retired before 30. It just seems as though playing football is something he does because he is expected to but there is no indication that he actually enjoys the game or even any aspect of being part of a team other than the salary at this point. I am getting the same kind of vibes that guys like Tomas Brolin gave off in the latter days of their careers when it was obvious they had completely fallen out of love with the game and were going through the motions.
It does feel like it's going that way. The reports saying that he asked for a loan move away did say to me that he wanted to play football. I haven't watched him at Sevilla, but people have said he was poor and being booed by their fans. If he can't put in the effort for a new team, his heart probably isn't in it any more. He may have thought a move would revitalise him, but it clearly hasn't.

If we paid him to leave, we're down to only Ronaldo. Even if we sign another striker, I think we will still need a third option. Someone that can play off the right wing and as a striker in an ideal world.

Red For Ever

Like a few other players that are likely to still be here next season, I hope ETH will get more out of him than we have seen for quite some time.

But it would take a big change for him to become a regular starter at United, I cant see that happening.
Doesn't seem to want. / or be able to take the chances he has had.

Who will take him on the wages quoted, he can just sit around for the next 2 years and take the £20 million or so he is going to be paid
I'll give up working hard and do the minimum for that amount in the next 2 years. easy money and no ambition needed.

lex talionis

The balancing act Martial will have to perfect, if he hasn’t done so already, is performing in a manner that makes it appear as though he gives a shit…without actually actually giving a shit.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Was he ever good enough to warrant a ballon d'or clause in his contract?
Hard to see it now with his current state .

Status
Not open for further replies.