5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ted Lasso

You mean the massive City fan Ole couldn't get?
You just can't buy a player remotely ready for the champions league and premier league for 7 million.
C'mon man. Don't be like that - I linked you with a direct source that answers all of that. Haaland was there to be signed. Wound up going to a CL club and scoring a plenty.

These players exist - fact.

The nonsense math you're talking about is not taking your loss through selling because of some sort amortization. In this case there is nothing to be gained because he holds no value.
Are we both on the same side of this discussion? I'm firmly of the mind we should be selling players like Martial asap when they stop performing which is now three years belated in his case.

The point of disagreement being just how much he is "worth"? If we're both on the same page about the previous point then this should be moot and I don't understand why you're stuck on it.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Sell ASAP, it’s no surprise Jose and Ole wanted him to be sold when they were here, even to be replaced by Perisic on the left wing. He’s not good enough, shows bursts of talent sporadically and it isn’t enough to be playing in this United team.
We need a dynamic centre forward that offers a lot more and stays fit for more than 5 games in a row. Martial went to Sevilla and was underwhelming to say the least. I’m not sure who would want him based on his performances and we may be stuck with him until he leaves for free.

Abhinav

He is going through the same issues Rashford went through last season where he doesn't himself to when challenged. We need to buy a better striker but I would still keep him next season as a despite his many faults strikers like him are rare. Sign a starting striker to compete and take the spot from him. If that striker is Kane then we can sell him and buy a younger striker next year.
Martial has scored 4,1 & 6 PL goals in the last 3 seasons. He has hit the double digit PL goals mark in only 3 out of the 8 seasons he has been here. What makes a striker like him ‘rare’? We can easily find someone who can cover his contribution and is a lot more reliable. He has lost all his dynamism and dribbling ability. I am struggling to see what he offers that is so rare to find? We need to be ruthless and replace him with a decent back-up striker.
Can’t have someone who is injured most of the time, is a inconsistent goal scorer, sulks when not an automatic starter, and is on ridiculous wages as a reliable squad player.

Jev

Martial has scored 4,1 & 6 PL goals in the last 3 seasons. He has hit the double digit PL goals mark in only 3 out of the 8 seasons he has been here. What makes a striker like him ‘rare’? We can easily find someone who can cover his contribution and is a lot more reliable. He has lost all his dynamism and dribbling ability. I am struggling to see what he offers that is so rare to find? We need to be ruthless and replace him with a decent back-up striker.
Can’t have someone who is injured most of the time, is a inconsistent goal scorer, sulks when not an automatic starter, and is on ridiculous wages as a reliable squad player.
At his best he was a rare combination of great hold-up play, clever, quick passing and incredible dribbling skills, coupled with pretty clinical finishing (though lacking instinctive movement and positioning). On this season's evidence it's very much doubtful whether he can still be that player. He's still an intelligent player but seems a lot heavier on his feet than he used to, which is detrimental to his touch and dribbling.

Abhinav

At his best he was a rare combination of great hold-up play, clever, quick passing and incredible dribbling skills, coupled with pretty clinical finishing (though lacking instinctive movement and positioning). On this season's evidence it's very much doubtful whether he can still be that player. He's still an intelligent player but seems a lot heavier on his feet than he used to, which is detrimental to his touch and dribbling.
I think how you describe him is very generous. He definitely had the talent, but it never translated into consistent performances. He has shown flashes of his hold-up, dribbling and finishing skills but rarely all together and never on a consistent basis.
If we get someone like Kane, we need to back him up with a player who has a good injury record and can pitch in with a decent goals contribution (10 PL goals) and has decent hold-up play. It can be an up and coming talent or could be a reliable & experienced PL (or other top leagues) striker at a mid table side.

glasgow 21

The biggest surprise here is anyone thinking there is any % chance of Martial ever being of use to to us. My decision was final on Martial years ago and even if he was fully fit he is nothing more than that relative who tells the odd good joke at a family gathering but in the majority he is a pain in the arse for one reason or another. ETH took him off mid-week and good old Martial, who has been stealing a living, reverts to type with petulance. Ship out immediately whether money is lost or not he is no use to this team. Some would say he is a championship player but that is doing a disservice to championship players. Sooner this happens the better, but I see him as another Bale " thats ok, Im sitting here on my wages". Hopefully al loan option to Nice or somewhere is an option as no-one is buying him or " here take this 6m up front , sign here and feck off,"

Oranges038

He's rarely fit maybe.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
He hasn’t been able to sprint since getting injured in the City game. He looks physically done. I guess the positives are he’s had his longest spell of fitness during this period but he just looks way off physically.

Jev

I think how you describe him is very generous. He definitely had the talent, but it never translated into consistent performances. He has shown flashes of his hold-up, dribbling and finishing skills but rarely all together and never on a consistent basis.
I disagree. He had some periods of very consistent performances, though mostly pre-Ole. For instance, he was very shortchanged by us buying Alexis and Zlatan to replace him after he had been playing brilliantly. Martial is the biggest culprit but the club also bears some responsibility for him never realising his potential.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
C'mon man. Don't be like that - I linked you with a direct source that answers all of that. Haaland was there to be signed. Wound up going to a CL club and scoring a plenty.

These players exist - fact.

Are we both on the same side of this discussion? I'm firmly of the mind we should be selling players like Martial asap when they stop performing which is now three years belated in his case.

The point of disagreement being just how much he is "worth"? If we're both on the same page about the previous point then this should be moot and I don't understand why you're stuck on it.
You're delusional if you think baby Haaland was good enough to play for United. And even if he was, you're argument is literally: just buy Messi/Ronaldo/Haaland/Mbappe earlier.

It's not realistic.

TempusFugit

He hasn’t been able to sprint since getting injured in the City game. He looks physically done. I guess the positives are he’s had his longest spell of fitness during this period but he just looks way off physically.
He played the first 45 mins already injured. Ten Hag said he insisted on playing to help the team.

Ted Lasso

You're delusional if you think baby Haaland was good enough to play for United. And even if he was, you're argument is literally: just buy Messi/Ronaldo/Haaland/Mbappe earlier.

It's not realistic.
:lol: I did not need to think so. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer thought so!

I daresay he knows a thing or two about strikers good enough for United

Tragically Hip

He is a wasted talent who embodies much of what I cannot support in a professional athlete: laziness, sulking, and seemingly little drive. I hope to never see him play for United again, and I think his career will fall off a cliff very fast once he leaves.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Remember when he used to be fast? He runs like a 34 year old striker now. Those injuries must've really taken their toll.

Ted Lasso

He is a wasted talent who embodies much of what I cannot support in a professional athlete: laziness, sulking, and seemingly little drive. I hope to never see him play for United again, and I think his career will fall off a cliff very fast once he leaves.
Jeezus that's grim man. Unfortunately more close to the truth than not. That Sevilla loan cemented his fall from grace. I'm not sure he'll wind up at another top league if he leaves, maybe Seria A at best.

BorisManUtd

Should expect him to start vs City, right? Rashford on the left, Sancho/Bruno/Antony on the right.

Mainoldo

:lol: You can’t make it up.

He’s not even that old but he’s done. Those hamstrings aren’t getting fixed.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Feel had for him. His body just isn't cut out for football anymore. People might be critical about it, but often times it is entirely out of the players control. The injuries have clearly hampered him physically in his general play anyway. Either he needs surgeries to try and fix the underlying issues or drop down to a level where it is far less intense.

Abhinav

Not his fault but we can’t bank on him to play any kind of role next season. Sell him / release him on a free.

NYAS

He’ll be our back-up striker next season then leave on a free.

Irwin99

Well, i'm sad for him in one way but i think pace up front is the key to beating City and he didn't show a lot of that since his return. His hold up play could have been useful though :(

Aint gota Kalou

Noone is paying money for him. We would have to pay the majority of his wages. it really isn't as simple as getting rid.

Abhinav

He’ll be our back-up striker next season then leave on a free.
As long as he is not EtH’s plan for next season, don’t care if he lingers around for the next season. Our transfer plans should not take him into account at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.