Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
12 more months of this and we're free. We need 2 strikers this summer realistically.

Belisarius

Feel had for him. His body just isn't cut out for football anymore. People might be critical about it, but often times it is entirely out of the players control. The injuries have clearly hampered him physically in his general play anyway. Either he needs surgeries to try and fix the underlying issues or drop down to a level where it is far less intense.
I'm glad to see someone post with empathy for the guy. I know everyone is frustrated and disappointed. But, he doesn't get injured on purpose. It's got to be a lot worse for him than it is for fans. ETH tried to protect him by taking him off early every game he started and then by not starting him against Fulham and he still got injured in the 30 minutes he played. It seems his body just can't hold up to the demands of professional football.

It's frustrating for everyone and disappointing not to have him available for the final. But, it would be nice if everyone tried to refrain from verbally kicking him while he's down.

Herman Toothrot

He's looked so slow since his "comeback", it genuinely doesn't feel like a loss. The front three will still be a toss up between Rashford, Antony, Bruno, Sancho and Garnacho.

Sylar

Feel had for him. His body just isn't cut out for football anymore. People might be critical about it, but often times it is entirely out of the players control. The injuries have clearly hampered him physically in his general play anyway. Either he needs surgeries to try and fix the underlying issues or drop down to a level where it is far less intense.
This is fair, blaming somebody for their body being broken is harsh.
Its a shame, but also was expected.

Pickle85

Absolutely ludicrous that people think martial is actually bothered about missing games at this stage. To be clear I am not saying he fakes injury, I just don't think he gives a toss whether he's fit or not.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
He actually causes City trouble when he plays against them. Disappointing to not have that option on the bench for the weekend, a cool penalty taker too.

Oscar Bonavena

Actually feel sorry for the fella at this stage. Being a professional footballer and constantly breaking down with injuries must be devastating.

We can forget about selling him because no one is going to spend a penny on him. We probably literally couldn't give him away, especially with the wages he's on.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
This guy isn’t injured in a million years.

He’s the biggest shithouse fraud football has ever seen
Absolutely ludicrous that people think martial is actually bothered about missing games at this stage. To be clear I am not saying he fakes injury, I just don't think he gives a toss whether he's fit or not.
Spoken like somebody who has never struggled with injuries in their life.

dpansheth

8 years he's been here. I am not sure how much time he needs to get fit & remain fit.

never played 90 minutes an entire season. injured again, time to go friend. I feel sorry for him, and no professional athlete should experience these many injuries.
but He should not be a part of top 10 clubs of the world.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He actually causes City trouble when he plays against them. Disappointing to not have that option on the bench for the weekend, a cool penalty taker too.
Chances of taking City to pens is very small anyway tbh. In 120 mins they wouldn't miss the chances Brighton did.

G-MUFC

I can't disagree with this. He's never seemed that bothered unfortunately. Any other top club would have sold Martial a while ago.

Hope this doesn't mean Weghorst starts. I'd start Rashford down the middle.

K Stand Knut

Spoken like somebody who has never struggled with injuries in their life.
Spoken like someone who believes any shit he hears in the media.

He’s a shithouse who shys away from any fight that he gets put in to and has generally spent the last 3 years hiding behind injuries and trotting out for the occasional game of football where he looks half-arsed.

Let’s cut our losses with him and make him somebody else’s problem

Pickle85

I can't disagree with this. He's never seemed that bothered unfortunately. Any other top club would have sold Martial a while ago.

Hope this doesn't mean Weghorst starts. I'd start Rashford down the middle.
Agree with all this. It's crazy that he's been here this long, through a number of costly contracts.

Pickle85

He’s a shithouse who shys away from any fight that he gets put in to and has generally spent the last 3 years hiding behind injuries and trotting out for the occasional game of football where he looks half-arsed.

Yup, pretty much this. He's a gutless no mark, which is a shame as he was very promising once upon a time.

bosnian_red

What are you on about? I said he likely wasn't faking but he just doesn't care whether he's injured or not. Martial FC are a weird bunch...
Martial FC? It's called having sympathy for somebody whose body has failed them.

You said he doesn't give a toss if he is fit or not. I said you clearly have never struggled with injuries if you truly think that, because that's the biggest load of bullshit ever and anybody who has ever had injury problems would tell you the same.

IWat

Interesting use of the word "assessment" and not "scan", if he has a hamstring tear of any significance it'll show up no problemo on an MRI and the case is closed. Not sure what "assessment" is required.

Pickle85

Martial FC? It's called having sympathy for somebody whose body has failed them.

You said he doesn't give a toss if he is fit or not. I said you clearly have never struggled with injuries if you truly think that, because that's the biggest load of bullshit ever and anybody who has ever had injury problems would tell you the same.
Sorry mate, not sure that you can really compare your personal experience, whatever it is, to a premier league footballer earning 200k per week for sitting on the treatment table doing nothing. Can you?

bosnian_red

Sure he should leave. Is it hard to believe that he is injured? Why are you so angry? I guarantee he would rather be actually fit. Sole people's bodies can't handle it. Phil Jones. Owen Hargreaves. Pogba turned into that, same with Martial now. It's frustrating, but i guarantee its much more frustrating for him than it is for you.

Learn to have some sympathy in life. Being angry at somebody for getting constant injuries is dumb and childish as feck.

We need an rvn

From a footballing perspective I feel sorry for the guy. No player has an aim to make it as a pro and then get as injured as he has been. I’m sure he’d much rather have been breaking records and scoring 15 or 20 goals a season for us than spend as much time as he has on the physio table.

I think the years and injuries have taken their toll on his body, much like Phil Jones.

That being said, I hope I never see him playing for united again and hope we get rid this summer and replaced by one or two new strikers. His attitude on the pitch at times has been as infuriating as Cristiano’s in his last few months at the club.

Best wishes Anthony

K Stand Knut

Sure he should leave. Is it hard to believe that he is injured? Why are you so angry? I guarantee he would rather be actually fit. Sole people's bodies can't handle it. Phil Jones. Owen Hargreaves. Pogba turned into that, same with Martial now. It's frustrating, but i guarantee its much more frustrating for him than it is for you.

Learn to have some sympathy in life. Being angry at somebody for getting constant injuries is dumb and childish as feck.
I’m not angry. I’m just disappointed

bosnian_red

Sorry mate, not sure that you can really compare your personal experience, whatever it is, to a premier league footballer earning 200k per week for sitting on the treatment table doing nothing. Can you?
Ah so somebody's paycheck means they don't deserve sympathy for basic health issues? Got it. Millionaires are all dickheads and should just figure it out even if their bodies can't handle it. Just accept the paycheck and be happy even though you can't actually do the thing you love to do.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I think we should keep him for another 3 or 4 years and then pat ourselves on the back for looking after him after he sacrificed his health for the club.

That was the narrative for Jones at the end, wasn't it? Why not Martial? He gave us more memorable moments than Jones ever did.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Slightly altered the standard Martial track of:

Goals - Decent - Anonymous - Shit - Injured

To:

Goals - Decent - Annoymous - Shit - Shit AND Goals - Injured.

End result is still the same though
There should probably be something in there about the group hysteria each time he’s out for any length of time where we end up convincing ourselves that it won’t be the same old cycle yet again when he recovers.

IWat

Ah so somebody's paycheck means they don't deserve sympathy for basic health issues? Got it. Millionaires are all dickheads and should just figure it out even if their bodies can't handle it. Just accept the paycheck and be happy even though you can't actually do the thing you love to do.
It's not bloody cancer. He has twinged his hamstring and is in the privileged position to still get paid by his employer and not have to rely on statutory sick pay. I can't play golf anymore after slipping a disc in my back, I loved to do that, shall we hold a pity party for me?

Pickle85

Um. No. What I'm saying is that this specific multi millionaire, who has spent most of the last five years not playing while picking up 200k a week, probably isn't feeling as bad as you seem to think. Also, what on earth from his behavior or demeanor gives you the idea that he loves playing football?

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Injuries or not, it's been clear for years that he should've been moved on already. We seriously need to stop hanging onto players for as long as we do with the hope that one day they'll "come good".

Status
Not open for further replies.