5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Jefe

I'd bring Voldemort back before giving this guy a place in the squad next season.

Selling both is ideal but no one is buying Martial with his injury record and ridiculous wages so I know what I'll prefer.

NYAS

As long as he is not EtH’s plan for next season, don’t care if he lingers around for the next season. Our transfer plans should not take him into account at all.
I highly doubt we’re buying two strikers this summer so he’s going to have to be in our plans for his final season.

Kirisatha96

At his best he was a rare combination of great hold-up play, clever, quick passing and incredible dribbling skills, coupled with pretty clinical finishing (though lacking instinctive movement and positioning). On this season's evidence it's very much doubtful whether he can still be that player. He's still an intelligent player but seems a lot heavier on his feet than he used to, which is detrimental to his touch and dribbling.
Rose-tinted glasses off.

Injuries galore doesn't justify the wage and squad place. He has now made it ever more difficult to sell on the market where there are so many better options.

Terminating his contract seems like a more logical decision.

You're emotionally connected. So am I. I admire when he does well and I want him to do well. But we're also a business that needs funds to win trophies. Business is business.

R'ed'Devil

I was once his biggest fan and have given him the benefit of the doubt so many times. This is the final straw I'm afraid. Bye Bye Tony thanks for the glimpses of brilliance but don't slam the door on the way out! :rolleyes:

United Hobbit

How could I possibly have guessed the app notification about him and the final was that he'd be injured rather than available

Yep course he's out.

This had better not mean WW gets on the pitch

He has to be moved on I'd love to know his percentage of available Vs unavailable this season

Abhinav

I highly doubt we’re buying two strikers this summer so he’s going to have to be in our plans for his final season.
We can have Rashford as back-up to our new striker. Have Jadon & Garnacho as back-up to Rashford whenever he has to play centrally.
For one season, we can manage. Next summer window, we get another young striker in.

DownRiver

I just don’t understand why they would announce this on a Tuesday? The game is on Saturday. Now City can prep for Rashford alone.

make it make sense!

stu_1992

For feck sake. Not that I expected him to pull up any trees against City really, but we need all the options we can get. Yet again showing himself to be totally unreliable.

Robertd0803

Ffs. If he was made of playdough he would probably be injured less.

Just cannot be relied upon and his body has proven it time and time again.

rk4utd

This now makes him well nigh impossible to move on this summer. Rashford through the middle/Antony right/ sancho left - garnacho off the bench and weghorst to come on last 10 minutes to do his usual shithousery…. Realistically no big loss as has been shite for weeks - as long as we dont start with weghorst

Raw

I just don’t understand why they would announce this on a Tuesday? The game is on Saturday. Now City can prep for Rashford alone.

make it make sense!
Unless he's not actually injured and we're just trying to bamboozle them when they see his name on the lineup sheet! Ha!

AndyMUFC

Guy only played for half an hour and still got injured. Needs replacing ASAP.

pascell

He won’t be doing that. He’s injured - pulled his hamstring against Fulham and is out of the final.

Should've been sold 2-3 years ago, another Woodward masterstroke. Hasn't improved at anything but warming the medical table since he first walked through the doors, let's hope we start to learn from our mistakes sooner rather than later.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?

make it make sense!
City won't alter the way they are playing anyway. They won't change tactics and will be confident of winning regardless of who starts for us.

They have some pace in their defence now as well so Rashford doesn't get as much joy as he once did against them.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Who is going to take him? With his injury record, unless you can agree a pay to play deal with him, who would sign him?

I don't blame Martial, just like I don't blame Phil Jones. If I was getting paid more than I could dream of earning elsewhere, and my choice was sick note at United or sick note at a lesser club, I would happily stay put at United.

Once again though the club's recruitment strategy has been shown to be a complete joke. Remember that this lot tried to renew Lingard and Pogba. Madness.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

I think the only way forward now is to loan him out to a club who's willing to pay around half his wages, then let him go on a free next year. Hand over the number 9 shirt this summer to someone who we can rely on to score goals.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Slightly altered the standard Martial track of:

Goals - Decent - Anonymous - Shit - Injured

To:

Goals - Decent - Annoymous - Shit - Shit AND Goals - Injured.

End result is still the same though

Status
Not open for further replies.