Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank White

ahem ahem
Fair fecks to him looked great, literally couldn't give a shit if he starts over Ronaldo if he plays like that week in, week out but as we know it's going to take more than a good half to warrant that imo but for tonight well played lad, definitely gives the manager another option.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
The team needs more players who can keep the ball and operate under pressure which he brings to the side. He's a player who is very conducive to Ten Hag ball. He's an outlet centrally when we want to move the ball forward because he has the strength to hold the ball with his back to goal and skill to spin his guy and get us going in attack.

First half when I was watching Rashford and Elanga failed to hold the ball when it came to them and immediately lose it, I kept thinking Martial would have gotten us going forward by holding the ball and initiate the attack. He also instantly made Rashford play better because he can help release him. With his play back to goal and ability to hold the ball, he gives Rashford the chance to play to his strength which is run the channel while Martial makes the initial play going forward. First half Rashford was being asked to be our outlet, hold the ball and play with a defender tight to his back which isn't his strength.

hn4united

What a performance from him. I hope he can keep that up but not setting my expectations too high. When he’s up for it, he’s unplayable.

Abraxas

His composure was top drawer. He seemed like the only player on our team high up the pitch keeping his head towards the end. Reminded me of that performance he put in v City away where he held every ball.

Banat

He is amazing with the ball and he improved his passing ability, but man he really hates to press or run in general!
Great game nevertheless

Member 101269

Nothing to see, a short cameo when Liverpool were chasing the game doesn't make a summer.

CloneMC16

He was fecking unreal. Everything he did went well. Proper #9 play. If he can play like this more often, we'd be in a much better position.

Vaibhav Raj

Absolute class when he came on. Those close touches were quality. How this guy hasn't made more of himself will forever be a mystery in football. Never too late though.

Bobski

Hid hold up play and ability to turn under pressure and play progressively is miles better than any other CF option.

BorisManUtd

We'll see how he does this season but if Martial could go back to that 2019/20 form... Would be great for us.

Zoo

This is it. His chance under a top class coach to make that position his own.

Idxomer

He would've been the next Benzema if he moved to a stable club earlier in his career and didn't get so many injuries.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
He would've been the next Benzema if he moved to a stable club earlier in his career and didn't get so many injuries.
And wasn’t a sulky twat who needs to be indulged.

This situation is perfect for him, we don’t have any strikers and he only performs when he doesn’t have competition behind him.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
His hold-up play is just so much better than any of our other attackers, and he's able to link with our other attackers better than any of the others as well (although I have hopes of Sancho challenging him for the latter). I was worried the injury might have knocked him off the good preseason form, but seemed to carry it into today and hopefully we'll see it continue.

BerryBerryShrew

Was excellent when he came on. His hold up play, on the ball quality, and finishing have always been great. It's his off the ball movement that has let him down. If EtH can improve that (and he stays injury free) then bye bye Ronaldo.

chris123

Never seen that hold up play from him before? Not sure what happened over the summer but he is a different player. Lets see if it lasts.

Oranges038

Played well, just another 35 games for him to put in the same shift. Then he can start to make up for the last 2 years.

Manowar

Keep up the good work, and please avoid injury. I sincerely believe Tony’s the key to our attack this season.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Never seen that hold up play from him before? Not sure what happened over the summer but he is a different player. Lets see if it lasts.
That has always been one of his best qualities. Part of the reason we had that epic stretch of football under Ole was due to his hold up and linking up abilities.

Trequarista10

Looks motivated and sharp. Technique never been an issue. His game really suits what is expected of modern CFs

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He is so similar in the way he plays to Benzema. I never understood the Henry comparisons.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I respected his time wasting as much as anything. It’s what Brighton did to us. Even Brentford did it at 4-0 up. I was worried that our players would have forgotten how to do it.

Ronaldo, meanwhile, continued his shoot on sight policy because his stats are more important to him.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
Have a feeling ETH told him in the summer he's going to be first choice ST despite Cristiano or new signings.

He's playing with confidence and swag, long may it continue!

Krits

Honestly, no other player in our team has his combination of Pace, power and technical ability. His mentality has always been his Achilles. But when he is on it, he is freaking good. Please, please please keep it up!

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Nothing to see, a short cameo when Liverpool were chasing the game doesn't make a summer.
50 minutes. That's probably the longest short cameo in Football history.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He is so similar in the way he plays to Benzema. I never understood the Henry comparisons.
It's even stranger when you consider that they come from the same academy, same youth coaches.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
The way he plays he was always the answer to what we need from our striker under ETH. Can unlock those around him and make our attack much more dangerous. Would love if he showed a bit more aggression and willingness to press from the front, but other then that (and taking into account he is back from injury) flawless performance.

Trex

He's the glue that can make this attack function, his hold up and link play is crucial.

Status
Not open for further replies.