Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Expecting him to be out for a couple of months at least, given the nature of the injury.

A CF has to be our number one priority next summer
It was supposed to be last season aswell.

Raven

ETH spoke about building Varane up physically and that's the reason he was a little late into the team, hopefully he can do the same with Martial.

Chief123

When Martial comes in, he'll add a new dimension to the team as he can offer us great in game tactical flexibility without having to change personnel. Yesterday the game changed when Ronaldo came on because Arsenal thought they didn't have to worry about the ball over the top with him, so they played an even higher line to squeeze us out of possession quicker.

With Rashford on the other hand, they don't worry about ball into feet as his hold up isn't very good.

This is where Martial comes in. He can be a technical target man, that can link play as well beat the high line. Although he isn't top level at any of these things, he offers just enough to help the team gel. Let's just hope he stays injury free moving forward.
Great post. I agree Martial has the best combination of attributes in our forwards. He’s the best out of all of them when it comes to controlling the ball under pressure and then feeding other team mates.

Kramer

ETH spoke about building Varane up physically and that's the reason he was a little late into the team, hopefully he can do the same with Martial.
Let’s hope this is the case. We really do need him up to full fitness if we want to finish in the top 4. Can’t rely on Rashford / Ronaldo alone to play CF all season.

Sylar

Not even ready for training. I must have missed what happened to him. Was he brought back to quickly against Liverpool?
Ican see us not rushing him now then, given we have been on a run. Think were ok without him for a few games, but would like him against City cos hes always been a different and tough prospect for City defenders

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Not even ready for training. I must have missed what happened to him. Was he brought back to quickly against Liverpool?
Ican see us not rushing him now then, given we have been on a run. Think were ok without him for a few games, but would like him against City cos hes always been a different and tough prospect for City defenders
Achilles injury against Liverpool at some point. Takes a few weeks

bosnian_red

Yeah I hope they go slow, leave him out til after the international break. He's prone to soft tissue injuries so needs to be managed for sure.

AdNani

Good god we need him, i can't watch Old man Ronaldo demand every pass and simultaneously kill every attack again.

his hold up and link up play will transform the way we play.

Chief123

Good god we need him, i can't watch Old man Ronaldo demand every pass and simultaneously kill every attack again.

Yep we can’t get him back quick enough.

Ronaldo’s legs have gone.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
A shame we can't rely on him. It's always something. A shame for the club and for him as a person.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Hopefully he will be back for our next game now. Our attack has missed him sorely.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Well the postponement at least means he gets back sooner I'd imagine. Maybe now people realize how important having a linkup striker up front is to this side
I know people turned their nose up at him but I think Morata would've been a very smart pick up from us this summer.

bosnian_red

I know people turned their nose up at him but I think Morata would've been a very smart pick up from us this summer.
Would've been excellent. Both because we are unable to build up deep from De Gea so we have to go long, a target man who can take the ball on his chest or head the ball well like Morata would have been very useful, but also due to his physicality and ability to link up in the attack would have been very useful. People turning their noses up at him were clueless tbh.

AdNani

games being postponed are a massive plus, hopefully he's fit and ready, Brings the best of the wingers, i think we'll see a dramatic change in Sanchos form

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

Martial at his worst is just as effective as ronadlo was last night. I doubt there’s miles between their current top level either. Neither work hard enough off the ball.

AdNani

Martial at his worst is just as effective as ronadlo was last night. I doubt there’s miles between their current top level either. Neither work hard enough off the ball.
Martial under Ten Hag, albeit limited game time has pressed, his touch, pace, strength and passing are fecking lightyears ahead of this version of Ronaldo

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Martial under Ten Hag, albeit limited game time has pressed, his touch, pace, strength and passing are fecking lightyears ahead of this version of Ronaldo
Maybe but it could also be a case of absence making the heart grow fonder. I’ve watched Martial walk around and break attacks down for years now. He can hold up and control the ball well centrally though and his link up play (1/2s) is better than Ronadlo I agree.

Ronaldo was such a sideways signing. Staving off the inevitable while keeping our wages amongst the highest in the game

RedorDead21

Maybe but it could also be a case of absence making the heart grow fonder. I’ve watched Martial walk around and break attacks down for years now. He can hold up and control the ball well centrally though and his link up play (1/2s) is better than Ronadlo I agree.

Ronaldo was such a sideways signing. Staving off the inevitable while keeping our wages amongst the highest in the game
Right we certainly can’t just have him next season. We need an improvement and hopefully he shows this season he’s worth having as a rotation option.

Ashish Negi

Just read his interview, shame on Ole for forcing him play with injury and then not standing up for him

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Just read his interview, shame on Ole for forcing him play with injury and then not standing up for him
I wonder if some other players in the side would have similar things to say about that. It did feel like a few of our players became proper crocks under Ole and a big part of that felt like they were being played through injuries…

bosnian_red

Said it a bunch of times. It's fecking criminal the way Ole managed us. He abused our players forcing them to play through injuries and risking their careers essentially. Ole was the sole reason for Rashfords injuries, and now it's coming out he did the same to Martial

santeria13

Sublemon
Blimey, after reading both his and Bailly's comments about their time under Ole, is it any wonder our dressing room was turned upside down? The clown had zero idea what he was doing. Where's all the posters claiming Ole had great man management now?

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I love Ole the player, but his time as United manager was an absolute disaster and he took us years backwards. And that was hard to do, considering where Mourinho left us.

santeria13

Sublemon
Said it a bunch of times. It's fecking criminal the way Ole managed us. He abused our players forcing them to play through injuries and risking their careers essentially. Ole was the sole reason for Rashfords injuries, and now it's coming out he did the same to Martial
Didn't he also play a half fit Maguire several times?

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
It stinks, Rashford did the same and got/gets so much stick from fans on this forum.
I know ye, wasn’t fair. Same with martial, was quality under LVG, mourinho treated him unfairly so obviously he didn’t want to play for him and Solskjær never defended him. Martial definitely has the quality and under the right coach he can hit new heights. Obviously if he can stay fit which could be down to Solskjær for playing him while he was injured. That could of made his injuries a lot worse. Doesn’t deserve halve the stick he’s been getting but no one knew the truth. If they did back then… everyone would of turned on Solskjær

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Didn't he also play a half fit Maguire several times?
So that’s:
  • Rashford who played through a back injury consistently (which I believe he got by having to unnecessarily come on as a sub in an FA cup game against Wolves);
  • Pogba who played through an ankle injury against fecking Rochdale for 120 minutes which then needed surgery (he was out for 17 matches after this)
  • Maguire played through a hip injury (which I think was the same Wolves game as Rashford!);
  • Lindelof misc back injury problems; and now
  • Martial having played through 4 months of injury in which he claims wasn’t even able to accelerate
Scandalous stuff. Anyone else?

48 hours

So that’s:
  • Rashford who played through a back injury consistently (which I believe he got by having to unnecessarily come on as a sub in an FA cup game against Wolves);
  • Pogba who played through an ankle injury against fecking Rochdale for 120 minutes which then needed surgery (he was out for 17 matches after this)
  • Maguire played through a hip injury (which I think was the same Wolves game as Rashford!);
  • Lindelof misc back injury problems; and now
  • Martial having played through 4 months of injury in which he claims wasn’t even able to accelerate
Scandalous stuff. Anyone else?
did Ole force Jones out of the sick bay to play a game?

CloneMC16

Ole told everybody he needed them to play through injury, it seems. The guy ruined our squad.

Mourinho is obviously a cnut, so nothing really needed to be said about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.