View full 2014-15 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

NinjaFletch

I like to think of it as supporting our players insteading of the insufferably tedious weekly knee jerking.
I say he's shite every week so I'd hardly call it kneejerking.

The fact is he makes very, very basic errors week in week out. Sometimes they cost us, sometimes they don't. Today he's hardly solely at fault for both goals, but its the sort of mistakes he always makes.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I say he's shite every week so I'd hardly call it kneejerking.

The fact is he makes very, very basic errors week in week out. Sometimes they cost us, sometimes they don't. Today he's hardly solely at fault for both goals, but its the sort of mistakes he always makes.
I'm mainly objecting to the fixation with blaming for everything. The first goal was a team effort and Valencia was 50 yards away from the box when the goal was scored. He could've done better on the 2nd.

Ekeke

I like to think of it as supporting our players insteading of the insufferably tedious weekly knee jerking.
I dont see how its supporting your player by letting him get away with poor play time and again. He's going to continue making mistakes if he's not called out and action isnt taken.

He will only improve if he knows it isn't acceptable and he has to do more. Its like being a soft parent not reprimanding a misbehaving child, you aren't helping at all

JoaquinJoaquin

Stopgap player, not good enough in the grand scheme of things. And before I get the now favourite caf saying 'knee jerk', I have said it all season.

Jayvin

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's been very good at times this season but man I just hate watching him play. He's so one footed and predictable, generally just passes 2 metres sideways or backwards and 9/10 of his crosses are complete shite.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
The first goal obviously wasn't anything to do with him. The second goal was his man that scored but in fairness it was a brilliant run and header by Stones

Bojan11

The first goal obviously wasn't anything to do with him. The second goal was his man that scored but in fairness it was a brilliant run and header by Stones
First goal he should have let Lukaku win the ball. Valencia is back for a reason, which is to stop the counter.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It wasn't a brilliant run. He ran in a straight line for 10 yards at most. Valencia was completely the wrong side and didn't even try and impede his run, completely rubbish.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I don't think he is at fault for everything, but he was definitely most involved one for majority of goals we conceeded over last month or two. Easily our worst defender this season apart from Evans and Blackett.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
I don't understand how people can blame him for the first goal. Beyond ridiculous

comlag

I'm mainly objecting to the fixation with blaming for everything. The first goal was a team effort and Valencia was 50 yards away from the box when the goal was scored. He could've done better on the 2nd.
For the first goal he attacked the ball when it came out from the corner when he should have stayed as the furthest (and only) man behind the ball.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I don't understand how people can blame him for the first goal. Beyond ridiculous
He's to blame for the second but the first I say he's a little blame as he has to be 100% certain you'll get the ball if that's your position. Blind was more at fault for the first goal (disappointing)

Raoul

Admin
Staff
For the first goal he attacked the ball when it came out from the corner when he should have stayed as the furthest (and only) man behind the ball.
He was in the middle and competed for a ball with Lukaku. It was merely one cog in an improbable sequence of events that led to the goal.

Smores

Same shit but he's not a RB as has been proven time and time again, LvG giving him a restictes role hasn't changes that.

id prefer Rafael and Jones at right back but they ain't fit so we have to put up till summer

saivet

Well it was. He deals with it and we're not on the ropes. People saying it might have been a foul. Maybe so, not seen a proper replay.

Bojan11

He is back in defence for a corner to stop the counter. Not rush in. He wasn't going to win that header vs Lukaku.

Ekeke

First goal he should have let Lukaku win the ball. Valencia is back for a reason, which is to stop the counter.
Yep. Its rash play taking himself out of the game again. And if you watch the replay, players like Blind are running back as fast as possible while once again Valencia casually walks back.

He has absolutely no regard for defensive responsibility. He plays like its someone else's job to defend

Rafael was absolutely roasted every time he was caught out with positioning or was over-aggressive and rash. Valencia is more guilty of those mistakes

justboy68

He was in the middle and competed for a ball with Lukaku. It was merely one cog in an improbable sequence of events that led to the goal.
I agree but competing for that ball with Lukaku of all people is obviously a brain dead decision in the first place for a player weak in the air. Plenty went wrong after that of course but a natural defender drops off in that situation and it becomes less dangerous. Just poor decision making that continues to contribute to so many goals we concede.