Antonio Valencia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
That's ridiculous. Footballers don't lose their decision-making abilities as soon as they start playing at a higher level.

Valencia has made a lot of excellent decisions playing against United's defence (and most other defences in the league). Will he suddenly lose this ability, playing with better team-mates?
Just a second.

It's not the decision making, it's the bottle to keep making the same decisions that got them where they are because they could start to question weither it's the RIGHT decision...

You look at berbatov as an example . At spurs he made the right decisions because he knew he was the dogs bollocks. So he got forward as much as he could

At United, for me he looks for the ball more deep which is a decision based on trying to impress. He's not doing all he was at spurs.

No one here doubts that if he just did the same things he did at spurs, he'd be a success here but I think weither it's we as a club or the player himself - rather then him thinking about scoring it's now assisting

When did 14 goals 15/15 goals become acceptable? It's not and it's not the player we bought

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
How many goals have Wigan scored, compared to United?
231 in all competitions for us, with Nani getting 10 goals and 12 assists, or 10% of our goals came from Nani last season through goals or assists.

80 goals in all competitions for Wigan, where he contributed 6 goals and 7 assists to it, 16% of their goals came from him.

Although Valencia's started 26 more games during that time.

TheRedFlag

Not feeling himself tonight
The thing that annoys me is I've known about Valencia for a long time, his performances at the last world cup also suggested to me that he would be worth a £3 million gamble.

Amir

I was watching the Treble tape last night, and was reminded of some of the reactions to us signing Yorke. Most of them were that he's a good player, but way overpriced at 12.6 million. Well, How wrong they were. Like Fergie said, he had everything and all he needed what a platform. From a good league player, he turned into a absolute world beater who had everything - except the brain to keep it going for years. 29 goals, 23 assists... An amazing season for a striker.

I don't know if Valencia is the same. I thought he was going to be a great player when I saw him in the world cup three years ago, so to find him at Wigan three years later is a bit disappointing.

But really, my system is that I have an opinion - and then if Fergie wants a player, it doesn't matter what I think, I hope we get him. So IF Fergie wants him (and that's still an if), well, you know the rest.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
The thing that annoys me is I've known about Valencia for a long time, his performances at the last world cup also suggested to me that he would be worth a £3 million gamble.
The thing that annoys me is that Fergie is being so stubborn in not hiring you as a scout.

Brwned

Nah, Valencia is worth the fee - lets remember, its less than Nani's. And I think initially we would see an improvement on what Nani is offering right now. For the next year or possibly two, Valencia may very well continue to perform the better.

But when Nani comes to his prime, he'll be a much, much better player. He has more about him and what he needs is time and regular involvement in matches. He may not be an early developer but at Manchester United he will one day fulfill his huge potential.
Or he could just become the next Quaresma.

twitter thread suggester
Sky News has breaking News that Wigan have recived bids for Valencia from both United and Real Madrid in excess of £16 million.
Hopefully bollocks, what is their source?

If true, then this is the time for you to show your power, Real. Those damn Mancs wouldn't give you Ronaldo, so it's time to beat them by grapping Valencia!

I dare you...

Striker10

What on earth are you on about????
have you ever played football spoony?

Psychology plays a big part in sport.

Being the dogs bollocks at wigan means feck all walking into united and when people talk about decision making people need to know the facts

The fact is United can afford to lose maybe 2/3 games a season in the league because of expectation and the pressure put on the team by the fans and the other players

At wigan you can lose 10 games ....ecuador? no one even cares (apart from the equadorians) :)

so when you play for a bigger club, the demands are increased and knowing that you always have to win..and knowing your playing for a club where every team is up for it...puts pressure on players ...and therefore it puts pressure on you

It's only the players that are strong mentally, that are top players. Having talent means feck all if you crumble under pressure...and valencia MIGHT make it but he might not

Saying his decision making is better then nani's isn't a great point

Brwned

Just a second.

It's not the decision making, it's the bottle to keep making the same decisions that got them where they are because they could start to question weither it's the RIGHT decision...

You look at berbatov as an example . At spurs he made the right decisions because he knew he was the dogs bollocks. So he got forward as much as he could

At United, for me he looks for the ball more deep which is a decision based on trying to impress. He's not doing all he was at spurs.

No one here doubts that if he just did the same things he did at spurs, he'd be a success here but I think weither it's we as a club or the player himself - rather then him thinking about scoring it's now assisting

When did 14 goals 15/15 goals become acceptable? It's not and it's not the player we bought
He's already said Sir Alex has told him to play differently, to play deeper.

He;s not trying to impress, he's doing what he's told. If he wasn't he wouldn't be in the team.

cj_sparky

This is another player that has flattered to decieve at a small club, out shining the dogged work man like players. The guy has got some ability, that is there to see. But again the price is stupid in my opinion, for a player whom has little top level European experience and in all honesty is no better than what we already have at the club.

We already have an expensive winger in Tosic whom we have seen very little of and if we where to purchase a wide man I rather go for some one like David Silva.

Do we seriously need Valencia, when we have Nani who will want to prove a point next season and Ronaldo who is ten times the player Valencia is.

Spoony

The People's President
have you ever played football spoony?

Psychology plays a big part in sport.

Being the dogs bollocks at wigan means feck all walking into united and when people talk about decision making people need to know the facts
Yes, but that doesn't mean players won't make the grade. Rooney was the tits for Everton, he certainly made the grade. As did Rooney, Ruud, Stam, Pallister, Bruce, Cantona etc etc etc etc. The list is endless.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
This is another player that has flattered to decieve at a small club, out shining the dogged work man like players.
Valencia is also a dogged, hard-working player. But he has quality as well.

Brwned

Not at United.

Had we have taken Quaresma instead of Ronaldo I doubt he'd have been too much worse at this stage.
Some people just don't have the right attitude.

You can't beat it into them.

Nani might just get sold and then become the next Quaresma.

Striker10

Yes, but that doesn't mean players won't make the grade. Rooney was the tits for Everton, he certainly made the grade. As did Rooney, Ruud, Stam, Pallister, Bruce, Cantona etc etc etc etc. The list is endless.
Exactly and I never said he wouldn't, but even at wigan he's not really impressed me. 16 million? yikes and I think what we have is potentially better anyway

Spoony

The People's President

We turned down the chance to sign Quaresma. But Nani seems to be cut from the same cloth.

Ekeke

Pure speculation. But perhaps Nani is off as part of the deal for the striker we're surely signing if we arent taking Tevez - so we're looking at a player to come in and replace him.

Spoony

The People's President
Exactly and I never said he wouldn't, but even at wigan he's not really impressed me. 16 million? yikes and I think what we have is potentially better anyway
If we're to sign Ribery he'd cost over £35m. Prices have gone insane(I didn't think they could go any higher).

Striker10

He's already said Sir Alex has told him to play differently, to play deeper.

He;s not trying to impress, he's doing what he's told. If he wasn't he wouldn't be in the team.
he didn't end the season in the team lol

I only hope Sir Alex asks him to just do what he did for spurs because for me that's the only way we'll see the player we bought.

anything about now

MUFC lad living in a matriel world
We will probably get him. Doubt Madrid would go from targeting Ronaldo to Valencia.

Ekeke

Or he might get sold and become the next Ronaldo.

Who is to say :confused:

He wouldnt be the first player to leave in recent years as a young player and end up being among the best in the world in his position. We've seen what can happen this season when you let quality young prospects go, like with Pique coming back to knock us out of europe.

Brwned

We turned down the chance to sign Quaresma. But Nani seems to be cut from the same cloth.
Does seem to be more likely as the months go by.

I still have a bit of faith in him.

Striker10

If we're to sign Ribery he'd cost over £35m. Prices have gone insane(I didn't think they could go any higher).
true but just think 19 and we got ruud. I honestly do think it's his agent though

Ribery would be more like it as then we'd be bringing in someone that is probably better then park, nani currently certainly

Brwned

Or he might get sold and become the next Ronaldo.

Who is to say :confused:

He wouldnt be the first player to leave in recent years as a young player and end up being among the best in the world in his position. We've seen what can happen this season when you let quality young prospects go, like with Pique coming back to knock us out of europe.
Well, you did.

You said he would turn into a great player here.

I was just saying he might not.

Ekeke

Quaresma's been shite at a three top clubs now, why would he not be shite if he went to United?
Because at 17 he would have been a lot more impressionable than he is now.

In fact, going to Barcelona at that age and being around the likes of Ronaldinho, Deco and Eto'o may be one reason he hasnt lived up to his potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.