Antonio Valencia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brophs

The One and Only
I'd definitely take him. He's got a very good delivery on him, takes on his man and works hard for the team.

Park always gets the wide slot in the tough games because of his work rate, and as much as I like Park, Valencia may be the choice to maintain this style whilst bringing more quality.
I think that might be the key. Maintaining the solidity without sacrificing creativity.

Donut

your basing your decision on a kid playing for wigan and ecuador. Expectation week in week out don't exist.....

I think people writing nani off are nuts to be honest. He ticks most of the boxes
Nani does tick most of the boxes, except for the most important one. He has an IQ of a frog.

Hopefully he proves me wrong.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I don't think he's anything special, but the fact Sir Alex is willing to bid £16m for him seems to imply otherwise.

Should get interesting.

Brophs

The One and Only
I think people writing nani off are nuts to be honest. He ticks most of the boxes
I think the majority of us aren't writing him off, simply accepting that he was next to shit last season, and showed no signs of training on. If he plays no better this coming season, he doesn't have a huge chance of a future at this club. IMO, of course.

MUFCgal

We've Ronaldo, Park, Nani, Tosis, ljajic in jan (you never know) and valencia?

The only way is if we put Ronaldo up top...which would be disappointing for me. He scored 42 in a free floating role

I don't think we need him and I don't think he's as good as many people would hope.
We don't know what's happening with Ronaldo, this stay or go saga is boring me now TBH. Park for all his fantastic work-rate doesn't seem an out & out winger for me, the type who consistently beats his man and gets to the byline to knock the crosses in. Nani is a proper winger but needs to show more consistency with the chances he is given. I expect Tosic to be given chances also but obviously SAF feels he has needed time to adapt to English football whereas Valencia is already settled into that. We shall just wait and see.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Except unfortunately the box titled "brain".
that's why players work with coaches.....and incidentally nani is younger then valencia

Do you think he got so many assists in his first season because he has no brain? That's nonsense

It's also childish.

When nani came on for portugal last night he did fine but people are strange and they think the grass is always greener.....

And for people saying what valencia DOES...look at what berbatov did for spurs and what he did for united - in terms of how he played and how often he was attacking the box...

Often players game changes the moment something more is asked of you

Striker10

I don't think he's anything special, but the fact Sir Alex is willing to bid £16m for him seems to imply otherwise.

Should get interesting.
Can i just say that unless it's an official bid...then the agent is just doing his job. Let's not forget we were interested in palacios too but amazingly he clearly snubbed us for spurs....

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
that's why players work with coaches.....and incidentally nani is younger then valencia

Do you think he got so many assists in his first season because he has no brain? That's nonsense
You don't need a footballing brain to get assists.

Striker10

Valencia's only a year older than Nani (who might never make it at United) and has been playing miles better than him, for club and country.

I can certainly why we might be interested.
pogue with all due respect if we bought valencia HE might not make it at United and so we'd waste 16 million and perhaps force someone with more potential out the door. Nani is a better prospect for me and it's difficult to understand why people don't like him

Valencia was playing for equador and wigan athletic.....it's not argentina or brazil or france and manchester united where the demands every game are so high...

people need to put that into perspective. Until an official bid has been made and confirmed, this is just the agent doing his job

StringerBell

£20m odd for a player who hasn't managed a single goal or assist in the league since 13th December?!?

You've got to be kidding me. I'd like him at the club, would be a decent back-up to Ronnie next season but wouldn't pay more than £6m for him.

Striker10

No.

I think it's because he took corners.
that's a crossing ability. What people are saying is valencia offers better is decision making to go with his ability to assist/cross .

How do they know? The last time I looked valencia was playing for wigan and ecuador.....

The pressure is less. When the pressure is on that is the true test of someones decision making...

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
pogue with all due respect if we bought valencia HE might not make it at United. Nani is a better prospect for me and it's difficult to understand why people don't like him

Valencia was playing for equador and wigan athletic.....it's not argentina or brazil or france and manchester united where the demands every game are so high...

people need to put that into perspective. Until an official bid has been made and confirmed, this is just the agent doing his job
What is it with people and fecking "liking" players? :confused:

I don't dislike any of our squad. I just don't think some of them have a poor attitude, no footballing brain and have taken a backwards step this season. By 'some' I mean Nani.

Pogue Mahone

that's a crossing ability. What people are saying is valencia offers better is decision making to go with his ability to assist/cross .

How do they know? The last time I looked valencia was playing for wigan and ecuador.....

The pressure is less. When the pressure is on that is the true test of someones decision making
Nah, you can see good and bad decision-making at Hackney marshes every weekend. Nothing to do with pressure.

Scholesy

Hes a hit and run type of player.

Incredible athlete, arguably the best in the PL imo.

But his technique is lacking, average dribbler but a fine crosser and has a good shot. £16M is very overpriced.

Id rather the technically gifted Tosic/Nani be given a run. I also dont know where Ronaldo will play if Valencia is right wing.

Striker10

What is it with people and fecking "liking" players? :confused:

I don't dislike any of our squad. I just don't think some of them have a poor attitude, no footballing brain and have taken a backwards step this season. By 'some' I mean Nani.
The reason is aside from dong, i'm struggling to think of a player where people have had so little patience for. People know his ability but I don't see people saying, 'you know I hope he makes it here because he can do the job for us'....

Some people seem to have very little paitence for him and don't care about the potential or that we're only talking one season here- his second - after a decent first I might add where he showed the potential is there

So your basing the decision on what you think rather then what you see every day in training?

Spoony

The People's President
Hes a hit and run type of player.

Incredible athlete, arguably the best in the PL imo.

But his technique is lacking, average dribbler but a fine crosser and has a good shot. £16M is very overpriced.

Id rather the technically gifted Tosic/Nani be given a run. I also dont know where Ronaldo will play if Valencia is right wing.
What's that got to do with Modric??

Drifter

American
Although i have always believed that Valencia is on our radar.I take what SSN says with a heavy pinch of salt.

Ekeke

Btw I'm guessing this is SAF's way at remodelling the Rooney-Berbatov partnership. Add loads of pace from the wings, which Valencia would certainly provide. Just less craft on his crossing than Nani and less grit than Park.

MUFCgal

The pressure is less. When the pressure is on that is the true test of someones decision making...
You keep bringing up the 'he plays for Wigan & Ecuador' thing. True but maybe the big step up to a team like United will be the type of thing that could push him on rather than make him go backwards. He could thrive on being at a club like ours.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
I think he's good enough. By all accounts he has a great attitude to playing as well.

Pogue Mahone

The reason is aside from dong, i'm struggling to think of a player where people have had so little patience for. People know his ability but I don't see people saying, 'you know I hope he makes it here because he can do the job for us'....

Some people seem to have very little paitence for him and don't care about the potential or that we're only talking one season here- his second - after a decent first I might add where he showed the potential is there

So your basing the decision on what you think rather then what you see every day in training?
Erm... I don't watch training, do you?

I'm basing my decision based on every United game I've watched him play in this season, when he's been shite.

datura

Nani is a talent, however he's inconsistent and seemed to be lacking confidence. Whenever he gives a ball away or makes a mistake, there seems to be a collective groan at Old Trafford which can't help him, it seems a lot of the match going fans have made their mind up about him.

I personally think he'd benefit from a loan to play week in week out and restore his confidence and prove what a good player he is. There wouldn't be the baggage either that there is when he plays for us. Perhaps he would be involved in the Valencia transfer as a season long loan.

Striker10

You keep bringing up the 'he plays for Wigan & Ecuador' thing. True but maybe the big step up to a team like United will be the type of thing that could push him on rather than make him go backwards. He could thrive on being at a club like ours.
And he might fail.

If people are saying his decision making is better then nani's then they need perspective because valencia could easily move to United and be in two minds all the time....

That's just logical and people cannot say, 'well valencias decision making is better.' How do they know?

that's just guess work. From what i've seen - personally? I don't think valencia is worth the money and I think we have better prospects at the club and likewise I think with work we can improve the players we already have

I think buying would be overkill. It's not like valencia is a better player then what we have - though is maybe similar to park in terms of output

Striker10

Erm... I don't watch training, do you?

I'm basing my decision based on every United game I've watched him play in this season, when he's been shite.
No i asked because then any point about character, going backwards don't exist.

It really don't. Unless we know, it's all based on what we think..oh clearly he must be a shit trainer! Sell him!

Only Sir Alex, nani etc know the truth and as a supporter i'll support because I don't know the situation enough to make any sort of a judgement.

Every game you've watched he's been shite? he's scored more this season in less games then he did in his first.....

Do you think valencia could score potentially 10+ goals a season and 15+ assists potentially?

That's the decisions we make. Is valencia better then what we have? I don't think he is and I don't think he's worth bringing in just to push Ronaldo further forward

Pogue Mahone

And he might fail.

If people are saying his decision making is better then nani's then they need perspective because valencia could easily move to United and be in two minds all the time....

That's just logical and people cannot say, 'well valencias decision making is better.' How do they know?

that's just guess work. From what i've seen - personally? I don't think valencia is worth the money and I think we have better prospects at the club and likewise I think with work we can improve the players we already have

I think buying would be overkill. It's not like valencia is a better player then what we have - though is maybe similar to park in terms of output
That's ridiculous. Footballers don't lose their decision-making abilities as soon as they start playing at a higher level.

Valencia has made a lot of excellent decisions playing against United's defence (and most other defences in the league). Will he suddenly lose this ability, playing with better team-mates?

MUFCgal

And he might fail.

He could fail, or he could succeed. I'm aware it could go either way but he looks a great prospect and I wouldn't mind at all having him in our side. You seem to be using the 'he plays for Wigan & Ecuador' thing as a reason he shouldn't come to us because it's possible he won't be able to handle the pressure. That's a risk you take, where do you get in life if you don't take risks? Yes he could fail under the pressure but I like to think of how he could thrive with us as well.

Ekeke

Nah, Valencia is worth the fee - lets remember, its less than Nani's. And I think initially we would see an improvement on what Nani is offering right now. For the next year or possibly two, Valencia may very well continue to perform the better.

But when Nani comes to his prime, he'll be a much, much better player. He has more about him and what he needs is time and regular involvement in matches. He may not be an early developer but at Manchester United he will one day fulfill his huge potential.

Pogue Mahone

No i asked because then any point about character, going backwards don't exist.

It really don't. Unless we know, it's all based on what we think..oh clearly he must be a shit trainer! Sell him!

Only Sir Alex, nani etc know the truth and as a supporter i'll support because I don't know the situation enough to make any sort of a judgement.

Every game you've watched he's been shite? he's scored more this season in less games then he did in his first.....

Do you think valencia could score potentially 10+ goals a season and 15+ assists?

That's the decisions we make. Is valencia better then what we have? I don't think he is and I don't think he's worth bringing in just to push Ronaldo further forward
Of course they fecking exist. He's played worse for the first-team this season than he did last season. Hence he is going backwards.

Has anyone here talked about him being a shit trainer?

As for his attitude we can only judge that by what we see on the pitch. Lots of diving, over-reacting to injuries and that ridiculous red card (followed by embarrassing theatrics) against WHU last season.

I have no idea why you keep bringing up training, we've seen more than enough reasons to have doubts about him, based purely on first-team performances.

Status
Not open for further replies.