5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief123

Needs to start rewarding himself more, some fantastic runs off the ball. Should be scoring one or two.
His best game for us so far I think. He was really good today.

14th minute the most iconic moment of the season….Antony took a man on down the outside! :D :drool:

jem

I’ve never seen him use his right foot so much. I thought he was excellent today.

zaafi

I thought he was really good today despite some awful finishing. Decision making has to improve as well. Several times he could've passed instead of taking the shot himself.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I can't decide if his shooting is good or not. It seems dangerous but for the number of shots he takes his productivity is really poor. Anyway, I don't blame him for not scoring today, it just happens sometimes.

I am however thinking if we wouldn't be better off if Bruno played RW. Antony gets into so many good positions just because he plays so high on the right and yet almost zero productivity. Even for a midfielder, that is not good enough.

crossy1686

career ending
Didn’t watch the whole match but saw him miss two massive chances at 0-0.

That really has to change if he wants to succeed at this level. You don’t get chance after chance in this league.

Big Ray

I can't decide if his shooting is good or not. It seems dangerous but for the number of shots he takes his productivity is really poor. Anyway, I don't blame him for not scoring today, it just happens sometimes.

I am however thinking if we wouldn't be better off if Bruno played RW. Antony gets into so many good positions just because he plays so high on the right and yet almost zero productivity. Even for a midfielder, that is not good enough.
Don’t like this. It destroys our shape and you lose the impact Bruno has centrally.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
I thought he was really good today despite some awful finishing. Decision making has to improve as well. Several times he could've passed instead of taking the shot himself.
Agree with all this. Also think they have to work his shooting selection with McCarthy. It's too easy for a keeper when they know 99,9% he goes for the far post. Mix it up and the goals will come too.

DownRiver

I don’t think we can win a title with him on the wings, he just is awful on goal scoring decision making.

Yes, he can score the spectacular, but he just a waste of a position.

Kag

I know some folk really can’t stand him, but surely you can’t watch that all round performance and not identify that as good.

He really should have scored, obviously, and that can’t happen too often, but he does a lot of good work in that position.

It wasn’t that long ago that our entire right flank was non-existent. Honestly, he helps us.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
So basically Rashford & Osimhen would have to carry the bulk of the attacking output because Antony is incapable. Sounds about right.
I mean... yeah? Pretty normal for a couple of players in attack to carry the bulk of the output.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Didn’t watch the whole match but saw him miss two massive chances at 0-0.

That really has to change if he wants to succeed at this level. You don’t get chance after chance in this league.
That's the thing though, he does..

He has been very threatening all season, the disappointment is the output but he gets himself in a lot of good opportunities (which he messes up a lot as well).

Once he improves in that, he'll be massive.

ManRed

Good at hold up play and stretching the defence. Shooting he is a 1 trick pony and not going to work at this level. His second chance 2v2 in first half you could see Pickford mad at the CB for letting him cut in and shoot as thats all what he does.

Kag

I don’t think we can win a title with him on the wings, he just is awful on goal scoring decision making.

Yes, he can score the spectacular, but he just a waste of a position.
See, this stuff is just bollocks. He is the exact opposite of that, for better or worse.

Dyche had to take off his left back for feck sake.

A waste of a position is when we plays the likes of Elanga and just refuse to play any football down that side.

Had Antony scored that opening chance then folk would be in here singing his praises. It’s fine margins.

Zoo

Really good today just needs the goals. Starting to put it together.

Superunknown

Weird game from him. I thought he played well, but he should have put at least one of his chances away. Overall, tempted to say it was a good performance, but could have been great.

Sylar

He did everything well except his finishing.
He needs to make his shooting less predictable, it's always for the far post. A few inside (sorta like mctominays goal). Keep the keeper on his toes as Pickford sorta takes a step across once Antony cuts in

Idxomer

He needs to at least vary his shots, not every shot has to be a curler to the far post.

Otherwise, decent performance especially in and out of possession.

HookedOnAPhelan

He was very good, a constant threat, and superb defensively.

He needs to improve his finishing and productivity, but I think he's very close to being an excellent player. Gets into so many great positions.

lex talionis

His finishing could have been better, but Antony was very solid today. He should not have been the one to be subbed off for Martial.

chay chay okocha

I understand some of the frustration people have for his game, but that was an excellent performance from him. I'd even give him a pass on the chances he missed - the shot against the post was an excellent attempt, and the 2 Pickford saves were also solid attempts (well hit and in the corners, even if somewhat telegraphed). I'd argue the most disappointing final ball from him was on the break when he played it behind Rashford and allowed Iwobi to put in a challenge - those are the sorts of weighted balls I'd want him to do better at.

crossy1686

career ending
That's the thing though, he does..

He has been very threatening all season, the disappointment is the output but he gets himself in a lot of good opportunities (which he messes up a lot as well).

Once he improves in that, he'll be massive.
He needs to, the premier league doesn’t offer up chance after chance, he was lucky we were playing shite like Everton otherwise they could have been our only chances of the half.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
One really good shot, unlucky not to score. A few others he should have scored.
Slightly concerning how often he gets subbed early, but a work in progress.

Telsim

Decent overall. The team will need more than that going forward.

r0663664

Worships Man City
I cannot imagine that he can't score any goals when given so many opportunities. Mr. Unreliable it seems to me. What is good performance?! Having shots at goal but not scoring?! Time and time again, he has time and space and yet he couldn't score.

flameinthesun

Will be interesting if amad is given a chance next season, at the moment there's no real competition for Antony. Hopefully having a young Diallo snapping at his heels makes him step up his game.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He did everything well except his finishing.
He needs to make his shooting less predictable, it's always for the far post. A few inside (sorta like mctominays goal). Keep the keeper on his toes as Pickford sorta takes a step across once Antony cuts in
Well to be fair the pass to Rashford when Iwobi intercepted the ball was hospital. I don't blame him for that particular instance, but when you complete the picture (that he could finish the game with 2 goals and an assist) and AGAIN goes away with nothing is quite worrying.

Going for the far post shot when he had Rashford making a run also proves that's the only thing he has the confidence to do. I actually think he has a good reason for it as his passing is quite poor.

Anyway, he's OK in that kind of games, helps us to stretch the play, does a lot defensive work and gets into some good positions. It's just his productivity is really really poor for a winger considering he really gets into some good positions. Definitely our best RW, although if better than Bruno - I'm not convinced.

jamesjimmybyrondean

If he was fast he would have been deadly. As much as I don't like him, we are better with him on the pitch. I think he'd benefit from a solid RB

Matt851

I’ve never seen him use his right foot so much. I thought he was excellent today.
Did he use his right foot more than once? No one outside this forum would describe his performance as excellent

Status
Not open for further replies.