5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

IFC 1905

You don’t pay such money on a player who can’t take a one on one and decides to turn back and pass it back to the midfield all the time.

nice goal and everything but he had many chances to break their defense and was so afraid to go for it

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
People calling him not good enough when he's not taking on players on every occasion is just weird. He can do that but sometimes it's just better to keep possession and try to find an angle for a pass which I think he does brilliantly. We just need better support from midfield and strikers making run. But that aspect of the game is something I like about him.

Dominos

Martial and Antony the only players who can have some pride in their performance.

Antony is the only player in attack I have faith to keep the ball when he gets it.

The reverse pass to Dalot on the overlap near the end was very nice.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
You don’t pay such money on a player who can’t take a one on one and decides to turn back and pass it back to the midfield all the time.

nice goal and everything but he had many chances to break their defense and was so afraid to go for it
Getting tired of these comments really. He's not that type of player and going 1V1 is not the only skill to create chances but of course popcorn fans will just call for him to be prime Neymar..

Lyng

Cracking goal but was alone in the front. Sancho, Rashford and Bruno all had absolute stinkers. Amazing he managed to score out of nowhere.

sirAlexsglasses

Getting tired of these comments really. He's not that type of player and going 1V1 is not the only skill to create chances but of course popcorn fans will just call for him to be prime Neymar..
Totally agree mate, what are people expecting of him in his first season in the EPL, plus he’s in a sub standard team to what he has come from. He actually seems to give a shit today unlike some of our overpaid “superstars”.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Two goals in his first two PL games against the two teams currently on top of the table.

Hasn't done much beyond that but still, it's something at least.

Bobski

Thought he had a good second half even outside the goal, some nice link up play and there is an edge to his game sadly lacking in Sancho.

However it would be preferable for at least one of the wide players to be more of a threat one v one.

IFC 1905

so, you're telling me you are spending 100M on a winger who won't try to dribble plast one player either to get to the inside and help the right back to have space or get a good chance to make a good cross? And I'm not saying he doesn't have to do it all the time, watch the game again and see how many times he didn't even try once. If he lost the ball trying it can be normal, it even happens to prime Messi. The problem is the lack of determination, because he has the skill to do it. No one is expecting him to be prime Neymar, but if you wanna compete you need to at least try to break the defense. Even Grealish did it against Dalot ffs.

People are saving him for turning on when game was already lost and city slowed down? That's being a popcorn fan.

criticalanalysis

When we make the pitch bigger, we need to overload with runners to penetrate and these players can pick a pass. When we make the pitch smaller, these guys should be able to move well in tight spaces. Our midfield is still weak and doesn't provide good basis for keeping our shape. We lack the right players in midfield to compliment our two wingers, who actually has good potential and always works hard. We also have no striker to connect them, and only Bruno who is more of a wildcard than a playmaker.
Yes I agree. ETH desperately needs to realise we need more midfield stability. Casemiro has to start and he has to drop/rotate one of either Eriksen or Bruno if he wants attacking wingers.

kundalini

Brilliant goal. Apart from that, I thought he was awful. Offered so little support to Dalot defensively.

Chief123

It was noticeable how City were constantly doubling up on him. Even though he did well in the second half it’s hard to judge considering game was done by then.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He’s going to be a player for us. We just need to be patient because it will take time for the team to get to a level that suits him.

Rockets Redglare

Two goals in his first two PL games against the two teams currently on top of the table.

Hasn't done much beyond that but still, it's something at least.
The good thing is you can see the ability there, and I thought he gained a lot of confidence after scoring today.

MrBest

I like him a lot, desire, flair, always looks forward. Needs some time to bed in and needs support from his teammates.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Only player who looked good today, best game so far and a brilliant goal

Luka Mora

Wasn't impressed by his overall game and was as invisible as Sancho in the first half, but was at least trying to get on the ball even though he was double maybe triple marked. But he managed to pull a rabbit out of the hat which saved him from scrutiny on his performance which wasn't good enough.

Still a long way to go as jury is still out, but I didn't expect him to be the new Neymar, or believe he was a must signing but hoping he can at least be a consistent performer and not a complete let down like Sancho who looks to be a complete waste of money and a drifter.

Greck

I thought he was trying too hard after the goal but you could literally see the moment he realised there's nothing stopping him from becoming the best player in the team. He went from trying to blend to trying to push us forward.

Longshanks

Great goal, hard game for him but certainly showed some promise. Not gonna judge him on today's horror show clearly still settling in but there are some promising signs.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
one of the only players who looked upset at losing and tried to change things.

great goal.

El Jefe

Irritates me a bit when he has the chance to take his man on but decides to just tap around with the ball and pass back. Really want him to take the game to him marker a bit more.

With that said, he clearly has a lot about him and we might not see the full extent of it for a while. What a hit that was. He also has the right attitude about him, will be interesting to see how he develops.

Our best winger atm.

Baneofthegame

Guess we should have just bought ASM or Traore then.

Pat Cat

Great goal but very worrying signs other than that, he just can't beat his man. Left Dalot on an island all game too which was absolutely inexcusable

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I thought that his strenght is beating full backs one on one. I can't remember that he did it once so far in our shirt.

Red-17

Of our front 3, he was by far the best even if he was only average. Kind of hard to have a good performance though when your two attacking partners are pretty much useless. The thing I like most about him so far is his tenacity. Look at how he competes in 50/50s (and actually wins them occasionally) compared to Rashford and Sancho, it is absolutely night and day. It seems like a small thing, but so many scenarios where we could have had a promising counter attack if we won a challenge and didn't. City are full of those players even if some of them are 5'5" and 130 pounds, they make the 2nd and 3rd efforts.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
He was great.
Standards for geatness have seriously dropped here.

I'm all in for giving him time, that's pretty obvious he deserves some before having any definitive opinion about him, and he's not responsible for his transfer tag. But lets not pretend he was great or brilliant outside of a very nice goal today, he was totally transparent for half of the game and OK+ in the second half. The best out of a very bad bunch maybe, nothing more than that.

Red00012

What a brilliant goal.

Anonymous first half though, looked lost.
Looked lost as we were trying aimless diagonals and giving up possession lead by Fernandes. It’s difficult to stand out when we were been destroyed all over the pitch

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Our first half performance was awful hence he hardly got on the ball. But in the second half he showed glimpses of his talent and I think he's going to be a really important player for us as the season progresses.

It was also a fantastic goal from him, which was great to see.

Phil

When he signed I saw a lot of Youtube videos of him dribbling really well, going both directions.

Why isn’t he running at players for us?

Status
Not open for further replies.