5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ForeverRed1

I hope this is the case. It could be that he’s afraid of losing the ball and being wasteful.
he’s 7 games in and by no means been terrible, he just hasn’t set the world on fire yet. Still got 3 goals and showed nice moments despite being at his best yet. 7 games is nothing.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I must admit it is quite annoying to watch at times. Some of the positions he's found himself in and decided not to directly attack his marker is inexcusable. I couldn't see the likes of Vinicius, Mbappe, Dembele, Martinelli or even players with less pace than the aforementioned like Kvara or Kulusevski not taking their man on and passing it backwards.

Even Pep who doesn't like aimless dribbling from his players encourages it when the winger is isolated 1v1 with his marker.

Sancho at least has the excuse of being a snail, I don't see the excuse for Antony.
Its just a confidence thing IMO.

Obviously he can do - but he's holding himself back. He probably doesn't want to be seen messing up so he's taking the safe option at present.

Eventually once he feels settled in i'm sure he will start being more risky. We have to remember he's been here like a month?

Suv666

he’s 7 games in and by no means been terrible, he just hasn’t set the world on fire yet. Still got 3 goals and showed nice moments despite being at his best yet. 7 games is nothing.

Yeah that’s true. I’m just a bit traumatised by so many Man Utd young players post Fergie who were supposed to kick on but never did. I could even see Sancho inching towards that category.

But yea it’s definitely unfair to judge Antony on 7 games.

ForeverRed1

Yeah that’s true. I’m just a bit traumatised by so many Man Utd young players post Fergie who were supposed to kick on but never did. I could even see Sancho inching towards that category.

But yea it’s definitely unfair to judge Antony on 7 games.
i agree with you. I mean even the likes of Pellistri And amad are nowhere near the first team. Shocking how bad our business has been really but I do think Antony has something about him that others don’t. He has more grit and bite than sancho for example (who has been very under whelming so far). i totally get the sancho judgment as he has had a season in this league, is fighting for a World Cup spot, you’d just expect more of him I guess.. but 7 games is totally unfair.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It's funny how being one footed is an accusation that seems to be thrown mostly at left fooed players.

Man Utd 0:0 Newcastle Utd

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Thought he was our best outlet today, but my word you can surely pass with your right foot sometimes?

Thought he got a good mix of playing sensibly and getting bums off seats. His finishing was poor today.

Ludens the Red

Can’t be too hard on him when he has three- four players surrounding him when he gets the ball and then he looks up for support from his right back and it’s that sack of shit Diego Dalot.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Haven't seen anyone this one footed since Heather Mills. Decent performance though.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Bruh seriously go for the easy pass if its on instead of playing impossible passes to Ronaldo who can't even run anymore.

Tony247

One thing I am sure, he has no pace to beat his defender so he won't be taking on a player and dribble past him. We should not expect that from Antony.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
I think he has the potential to do really well for us but he needs some coaching, he always tends to stop and go back even when he's ahead of the defender. Also needs to work quite a bit on his crossing.

El Jefe

He finally seemed to wake up in the second half and play like how a winger should. Only problem is his delivery was terrible, couldn't do anything right.

The report a couple of days ago about his use of his left foot was almost prophetic as it was more evident than ever that he cannot use his right.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
One thing I am sure, he has no pace to beat his defender so he won't be taking on a player and dribble past him. We should not expect that from Antony.
He's reasonnably fast, not Mbappé or Dembele fast but it's really not bad. The problem is, he's not fast enough to have enough space to use his left foot in any situation so he either works on that or will be far too predictable. Also, it makes crosses far harder to convert.

mu4c_20le

He finally seemed to wake up in the second half and play like how a winger should. Only problem is his delivery was terrible, couldn't do anything right.

The report a couple of days ago about his use of his left foot was almost prophetic as it was more evident than ever that he cannot use his right.
I didnt see this report but i'm pretty sure most if not all Ajax fans know this already, and probably told us at some point as well.

I think we can finally end the comparisons to Nani, who was quite two footed, and a much more natural winger.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Huh? He left Burn for dead twice, taking him on the outside.

Just needed to sidefoot it on his right but he kept on coming back on his left and the move was gone.

Bobski

Frustrating that it took him an hour to realize that running at a giraffe full back with the turning circle of a truck might bring success.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I thought he did pretty well, took the ball up the pitch well for us despite lacking support. It’s early days but he’s a good prospect.

Jev

Best game so far for me. Was our most threatening player until Rashford came on.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
His crossing is awful. Reminds me of when we played Young at left back and he kept cutting in. Hope he can improve.

Shark

@NotShark
I'm not sure he's special at all. Maybe could become useful but that's about it from what I've seen so far.

Rake

I thought he did pretty well, took the ball up the pitch well for us despite lacking support. It’s early days but he’s a good prospect.
And I though he was terrible. Sure, can't fault his overall effort but his weaknesses are beyond obvious now and will surely be exploited by opposition managers. ETH said that they are working with him in order to diversify his game, but there is a lot to desire there, if he even manages to improve his ways. He should have abused their RB, especially after the yellow card. Really frustrating.

I'm sure his application to be the chairman of the Ronaldo fan club has been accepted, which is a positive for him

Trequarista10

I think he's playing overly cautiously, often opts to recycle possession when he has a chance to beat a defender. Not sure if it's instructions or his own tentativeness. He has the skill and ability to take more risks imo.

Idxomer

It was so frustrating watching him today despite trying a lot.

Almost having no right foot is the biggest problem in his game right now.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
And I though he was terrible. Sure, can't fault his overall effort but his weaknesses are beyond obvious now and will surely be exploited by opposition managers.

I’m surprised at you thinking he was terrible, he did his best in a disjointed side, people are judging him off one chance where he could have used his right foot. It’s far too early to say he’s going to be exploited by opposition managers.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Never seen someone so one footed since robben.

He needs to stop trying to assist ronaldo though.

Status
Not open for further replies.