5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

IFC 1905

MOTM for me strictly for his 720 and pissing off that miserable feck Scholes.

We deserve our current situation with the fans we have. No memory at all.

Scholes wouldn't make any fecking needless move to showboat, he would put a long ball for the strikers to score, yet this guy can't even put a simple pass and can't take on a man.

But wait, he can turn with the ball at his feet.

More Scholeses and less Antonys please.

arnie_ni

Eth should have kept him on for 10 or 15mins after that just to avoid the shit house uk media

Rolaholic

Scholes truly despises the lad :lol:

That makes him more endearing to me given how much of a curmudgeon he's become in retirement

Edwards6

So annoying how the commentators tried to make a big deal out of him being subbed off just because he did some skill. Don't they realise Ten Hag wouldn't of bought him from Ajax if something like that is gonna piss him off

Giggs' right foot

Why are they making a big deal about this, it's just a bit of fun, thank God Ronaldinho didn't end up playing in England.
I have an idea:

Moronic take = clicks and viewers.
Clicks and viewers = money for the media station and the owner of the moronic take.
All in all: profit.

Don't forget - they had a field day over Paul Pogba's blue hair...

Rolaholic

Scholes wouldn't make any fecking needless move to showboat, he would put a long ball for the strikers to score, yet this guy can't even put a simple pass and can't take on a man.

Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill...

No wonder we don't have many poets in football anymore nowadays, fans and pundits want uber serious at all times bonafide robots out there on the pitch

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
The hate he's getting for that skill is proof our players will always be targeted for literally anything
It's not specific to united, it's not even specific to pundits in the UK, we have the same comments in France about Neymar when he does one of his tricks, like "back in my day, he would get his knee broken for that".

Football is a show and as long as a player is serious when he needs to be, I don't mind showboating. It would have looked far better had he completed his pass though.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I have an idea:

Moronic take = clicks and viewers.
Clicks and viewers = money for the media station and the owner of the moronic take.
All in all: profit.

Don't forget - they had a field day over Paul Pogba's blue hair...
I mean yeah, but this just embarrassing, even by their standards.

Marwood

I don't mind it as such, do a little trick if you like.

But does it have to he so naff?

fecking ell :lol:

Scholes is a miserable feck, absolutely stunning footballer mind, but a miserable feck. And whilst we’re at it, the guy once thought he was too good to travel to a game like this against a similar shit opponent so let’s not make out he was an angel.

If footballers wanna have fun, brilliant, I love how it winds up the miserable sods of the World.

Telsim

The showboating would have looked a lot better if he actually brought something more to the game. But he didn't really do anything. Had one nice tackle and a cross, I think, but besides that nothing much else. Even after the spin he just put it out of play, which made the whole thing look dumb. Pundit reaction is over the top, no surprises there. The entire thing was just bizarre and unnecessary. Whatever, moving on.

Betson

Scholes truly despises the lad :lol:

That makes him more endearing to me given how much of a curmudgeon he's become in retirement
Scholes was spot on about that 'Skill' tonight , it added nothing , had no real function and is not really a skill. You could see ETH was not impressed by it either,

But it is no big deal , he will grow out of that.

Many of us will remember when Ronaldo came here first he was doing all these needless step overs that added no value to his or the teams game , even Roy Keane referenced it the other day saying how the it would annoy the other players as well when he was doing them.

But Ronaldo grew out of it and so will Anthony.

Scholes was spot on about that 'Skill' tonight , it added nothing , had no real function and is not really a skill. You could see ETH was not impressed by it either,

But it is no big deal , he will grow out of that.

Many of us will remember when Ronaldo came here first he was doing all these needless step overs that added no value to his or the teams game , even Roy Keane referenced it the other day saying how the it would annoy the other players as well when he was doing them.

But Ronaldo grew out of it and so will Anthony.
Meh, Scholesy once got himself sent off for this stupid as feck shit, in the final minutes at 2-1 down.

I know which is more idiotic.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
fecking ell :lol:

Scholes is a miserable feck, absolutely stunning footballer mind, but a miserable feck. And whilst we’re at it, the guy once thought he was too good to travel to a game like this against a similar shit opponent so let’s not make out he was an angel.

If footballers wanna have fun, brilliant, I love how it winds up the miserable sods of the World.

When did that happen?

Baxter

He did it at Ajax under Ten Hag. The club used it in their promos when he was signed. Now the media are up in arms. He could’ve done when 3-0 up but who cares.

AFC NimbleThumb

Feck me, calm down. He did a spin thing then misplaced a pass, relax.

You don’t pluck a club legend out, compare their best qualities then berate a youngsters mistakes because they are not them. Top red nonsense.

NewYorkRed

Honestly scholes, much as I love him, need to shut it. Its really not that big of a deal, but he’s deciding to make it one.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Doing the spin once actually would have been functional. Second time was a bit weird but who gives a shit. It was his pass that went out of play that was bollocks and I’m 99% sure that’s what ETH was shaking his head at.

IFC 1905

Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill...

No wonder we don't have many poets in football anymore nowadays, fans and pundits want uber serious at all times bonafide robots out there on the pitch
I stand for poets in football, of course I do. Scholes passes were poetry in my eyes as much as Neymars rainbow flicks or Ronaldinho's elasticos.

I love tricks but when they're effective, not when they're pointless. And it was even more ridiculous because of the utter shet pass he did after that.

CM

Such a stupid thing for people to get upset about. No forward pass was on and the spin bought a bit of time and space for Fernandes to make the run.

The pass was overhit afterwards but that can happen to anyone.

The Purley King

Jesus Christ we have a load of miserable old cnuts as pundits.
So what he did a trick under no pressure?
where is the joy ?Joga Bonita and all that. Love it personally.
Do it more Antony don’t let the bastards grind you down……..

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Scholes patrols for loopholes, like a mole on the arsehole as relevant on TV as dead sea scrolls.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Cope harder. I respect the hell out of Scholes as the player. But he's a miserable pundit with shit takes.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
fecking hell. The fella is entertaining and effective.

Yeah it’s garbage behaviour but who cares. Ronaldinho (who of course was way better) did dumb shit all the time.

Football should be fun.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Wasn’t a great performance. Did ok though. Outstanding tackle at one stage to stop a counter. I love that he’s such a flashy bastard but also does a ton of defensive work. Over the years I’ve tended to be harsh on flair players (e.g. Nani) but this guy’s attitude is great.

Foxbatt

It is not showboating in that sense. In the EC once against Real, Ajax's Gerry Muhren juggled the ball. Everyone thought he was showboating. But he said he was waiting for Krol to come up to him without other players noticing it as they were all looking at him.
I think Antony also gained time for someone to make that move into open space. Why is that dribbling is not showboating but ball control is showboating?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
The 'trick' didn't even annoy me. It was poor crossing once again that made me angry.

He seems like a player that is going to get goals but not many assists.

Chief123

I don’t know what’s funnier, the pundits going crazy over it or people on redcafe.

I absolutely can’t wait for him to do the triple spin around next. :drool: I hope he does it with absolutely no one around him for a good 30 yards. In fact it would be even more glorious if he does it once the half-time whistle goes and he’s still stood there spinning around.

Status
Not open for further replies.