Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RC89

I've seen the poster you're referring to! :lol:

To be fair, that poster is hardly representative of the Caf, and is rightly getting a pasting for that horror show of a post
Name and shame!!! :mad:

MyDevil

We need more of that kind of character in the team and we don't have that upfront bar may be Ronaldo. Aggresive and constantly annoy the opposition defense and the fans too.

Very positive debut although he has not trained for a while. But the most important thing is the attitude - want to be here!

RPT_Reddevil

His quick footwork reminds me of young Ronaldo.

Sure not the same, but still, we have been missing this Joga Bonito factor for long time.
Was about to mention the same, that he reminds so much of a young Ronaldo in this clip.

Really excited by this signing. Adds that X factor to our attack which will keep the crowd on the edge of their seats.

MDFC Manager

Was about to mention the same, that he reminds so much of a young Ronaldo in this clip.

Really excited by this signing. Adds that X factor to our attack which will keep the crowd on the edge of their seats.
Just hoping some of us don't nag him like we did with Nani

-Supreme-

Sancho does it to a decent degree already, and rashford is getting better at it.
They are getting better compared to last season but that is pretty low standards, there is still plenty of room for improvement and Antony will help the head coach to set example and expectations of his attackers

MDFC Manager

They are getting better compared to last season but that is pretty low standards, there is still plenty of room for improvement and Antony will help the head coach to set example and expectations of his attackers
Absolutely agreed

Bestie07

I don't know what to make of his debut. He did score a goal, but didn't do much otherwise. Would have to wait and see how he does against a team that sits back and we have more of the ball. All I know is that he is going to wind up the opposition fans so much, it's going to be amazing to watch.

Tony247

I don't know what to make of his debut. He did score a goal, but didn't do much otherwise. Would have to wait and see how he does against a team that sits back and we have more of the ball. All I know is that he is going to wind up the opposition fans so much, it's going to be amazing to watch.
He contributed a lot defensively.

First game, new country, new club, scored on debut, worked his socks off. I think that is decent.

NoPace

It really is good to have a proper right winger who can impact the game while mostly hugging the touchline. It looks like we'll look like this when he have possession:

Sancho----#9--------Bruno----------Antony
----------Eriksen--------------Dalot
Malacia--------Casemiro----------------------
------------------Martinez-------Varane

with Bruno having lots of room in the half-space to create and hopefully start getting into the same sort of positions De Bruyne gets in to hit low crosses and cutbacks and shoot for City.

Also we'll remain balanced if we sign a right-footed #9 since they'll be coming in from slightly on the left and that makes sense since there's a ton more of them than left-footers and Sancho is less of a 1 on 1 dribbler who will command double teams (like Antony) and more about linking up.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Funnier thing is, I was watching Keane hating on Maguire, Shaw and De Gea montage earlier just how Keane has been on Sky Sports for years. (not saying I agree or disagree with those players)

But for years he's been saying "lack of characters, do your job, stop making excuses" pretty blunt about "no leadership", "no character", "no standards".

Now people are beginning to be ABU (anything but united) more, saying we have cnuts for players and it means we have character and standards again.

Mourinho said in the Tottenham series they need to be a bunch of cnuts on the pitch (they didn't listen under Jose), Arsenal have been "nice" since Vieira, Petit, Keown, Adams etc left and they've won zilch.

Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez, Scholes, Vidic all had strong characters, Rio, Evra, Carrick, Giggs all had high standards. Didn't want to let down the manager etc.

Arsenal lack leaders, lack character, they might have some standards but Arteta ultimately will fall flat IMO. Odegaards gifted but he's a kid he needs strong characters around him too.

I genuinely feel this is the strongest United since around 2012/13, even before SAF left that season, we lack a striker but it's the strongest team since the title winning one. The question is can ETH drive the players to that level. We have really good players now with the right characters, some need to raise their standards like Sancho who can be world class but at this point we have something that you can't directly measure statistically.

We can measure xG, shots per game and pass completion but you can't measure players confidence, personalities, leadership. Chelsea, Arsenal don't have that.

You need that in leadership too, a manager you don't want to let down. A manager you'd die for on the pitch and run through brick walls through. You want me to kick Salah all game and get in his face? You want me to not play my usual role but not even let him turn? sure.

United haven't had that manager before ETH, would I as a player run through brick walls for LVG who was a little bit senile, No. Moyes? No. Ole? No. Jose? Maybe.

ETH is that manager you would now, you let him down you're out the team, and he gives you the right amount of information, same with Pep, Klopp and Conte managers you'd do everything for. Klopp I don't think is as good tactically as Pep but he's charismatic to the point you put in the energy and intensity for him, with Pep he's the best in the world you do what he says. Conte with how he handles conferences, the passion he has as a coach and his antics with Tuchel show why you would die on the pitch for him.

ETH is similar to Pep tactically, maybe not so charismatic but the standards are the same as a SAF at Aberdeen IMO he has that pedigree. We have the coach, the winning experience with Varane, Casemiro and Ronaldo and the characters with Martinez, Antony and Bruno.

Liverpool, Tottenham (Conte will bring it out in some players and others like Richarlison already have it) and City do have it, so do United now it's going to be really interesting I still feel Arsenal are lost.

Last edited:

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Another signing who we overpaid for. Never an 84m player.

The United

I know he is new and all. But based on today's performance, worryingly, he seems like a kick and run merchant and average at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.