Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I remember last year in the UCL, Hummels went in for a tackle and Antony actually ended up stamping Hummels, but then himself feel to the ground screaming, that got Hummels sent off :lol: I'm sure he'll continue that type of stuff to rile up opposition more

BerryBerryShrew

Did very little. Outshone by Elanga and Garnacho showed more when he came on for a few minutes.

Telsim

I forgot he was on the pitch, to be honest. Garnacho showed more in 5 minutes.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I really wanted a left footed right winger but I did expect him to use his right a bit too

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
2 games in...

Two.

I see you're not the only one.
You can tell with attacking players very quickly. Sancho was terrible from the start last season. Antony looked very ordinary bar the goal in these two matches.

Marwood

It's not his fault but we really need him to get going immediately.

mu4c_20le

Thought he was one of our best players in the first half, and always looked dangerous.

Eddy_JukeZ

Bleh performance, but we didn't really have the ball a lot while he played.

Iron Stove

Early days, but hasn't had the best of starts. Decision making has been poor in both games apart from his well taken goal against Arsenal. But he'll need some time to adapt.

BorisManUtd

He didn't offer much in attack just like vs Arsenal, though he scored in that game obviously and did well defensively (today as well).

avgp_1

He doesn't look quick enough to me. Tricky yes but for 80m I want tricks and proper pace. I'm not convinced.
He's never been super fast, he is quick across the first few yards but is not explosive fast to keep defenders from coming back at him. He'll need link up with FB and players making runs for him to find the passes

Real Name

Early days, but hasn't had the best of starts. Decision making has been poor in both games apart from his well taken goal against Arsenal. But he'll need some time to adapt.
I actually thought his decision making was good vs Arsenal, didn't force things.

Sylar

Decent, will look better with the first team I reckon

Skills

Snitch
He doesn't look quick enough to me. Tricky yes but for 80m I want tricks and proper pace. I'm not convinced.
I think his agility makes him look faster than he is. But yeah he's not got enough pace to scare a full back about getting roasted in a foot race.

His one footedness is more of an issue. His right foot is seemingly only there to stand on. He doesn't even take a touch on it.

klayton88

Proper Rashford level performance. Want the ball to feet and slows everything down. There was a few.times he should have gone after the give and just didn't.

FatTails

Is he being written off by our spoilt braindead fanbase already?

Rossa

He's never been super fast, he is quick across the first few yards but is not explosive fast to keep defenders from coming back at him. He'll need link up with FB and players making runs for him to find the passes
He literally ran away from their winger, who easily outpaced Lindelof and made Dalot struggle, whilst carrying the ball. Antony is more than fast enough.

BigDycheEnergy

Is he being written off by our spoilt braindead fanbase already?
Not written off, but I think it's fair to point out his lack of pace. It's an obvious downside for wingers.

Still early days, though. And he was very far from the worst player tonight. Middle of the park I'd say.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I thought he did OK after the first phase where he was nervous. He is unpredictable in terms of his movement but still needs to gel with the team.
Works defensively.
The only worry is he looks slow over a distance. Maybe that's fitness.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Antony isnt necessarily fast, he's explosive and agile, but he's no Arjen Robben.

Well he dives like Arjen.

Chief123

Not written off, but I think it's fair to point out his lack of pace. It's an obvious downside for wingers.

Still early days, though. And he was very far from the worst player tonight. Middle of the park I'd say.
Disagree, good acceleration but defenders always seem to get back at him.
You’ve not watched him enough if you think he has a lack of pace. He’s not showed it much in the EPL, but he’s rapid.

sillwuka

He's not that quick but we knew this before. I think he definitely will come good for us though!

Our scouts just seem to shy away from wingers who have blistering pace + great technique, baffling.

Lecland07

He was...not terrible. I would say he is at the €15m mark on the progress to being worth €100m.

Status
Not open for further replies.