5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stacks

Maybe not the most talented, but my Brazilian students have been raving about for a while.
fair enough. I quite like him because he tracks back and likes to shoot. 2 things his opposite on the other side seems not to emulate. We need players who want to cause problems and he doesn't seem shy. Would like to see him switch onto his right a bit and develop an ability to chip it to the far post for some variation.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Love hearing our ex players opinions on all things modern. Just because he doesn’t play like prime Giggs or Kanchelskis Scholesy isn’t too sure about him.
That's 3 things paul, not one.

My god I used to love Scholes but since he became a pundit I can't stand him

MUFC OK

Want to see him and Sancho take on their man on the outside and get to the byline more, or at least occasionally. The top players can beat you on either side which it what makes them hard to defend against. Simply cannot be one dimensional at the level we are trying to compete at.

If we don't start to see that, I worry for the prospects of both long-term.

UpWithRivers

You’re being called out because choosing to change your expectations based on someone costing 70m vs 40/50m is stupid. Those are all very high transfers fees that all carry high expectations. But there are loads of factors that can cause a fee to be at either end of that range which have nothing to do with the quality of the player.
I respect your feedback but I disagree. I think its stupid to not judge on fees. I dont think it happens anywhere in life except by United fans because we have been ripped off so much we just set our expectations lower. I know we paid too much and I know its for various reasons but if Ten Hag says a 22 year old Eredivisie player is worth 80 then I expect a top player. I expect Touchemani to be levels up. Not an average player. Liverpool fans expect Nunes to be a levels player. Thats why there was all the debate about Haaland vs Nunes. Sounds stupid now but they didnt stump up that cash for average. Literally every top signing the expectations were huge. Name me one that wasnt?

Am I not even allowed to expect big things from players anymore.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I respect your feedback but I disagree. I think its stupid to not judge on fees. I dont think it happens anywhere in life except by United fans because we have been ripped off so much we just set our expectations lower. I know we paid too much and I know its for various reasons but if Ten Hag says a 22 year old Eredivisie player is worth 80 then I expect a top player. I expect Touchemani to be levels up. Not an average player. Liverpool fans expect Nunes to be a levels player. Thats why there was all the debate about Haaland vs Nunes. Sounds stupid now but they didnt stump up that cash for average. Literally every top signing the expectations were huge. Name me one that wasnt?

Am I not even allowed to expect big things from players anymore.
Come on now. Read what I wrote. I said he cost us a lot of money so expectations are high.

STYLOISRED

Posts here saying he should go outside more just make
He plays like a 40/50 mil player. No better than Raphina, Adeyemi, Diaz, Jota, Mane or a million other attacking players that went for 50 mil ish or less. And yes I judge him on his fee. Bite me. I want levels. Saying that, its early days. He's been a 6/10 so far. I expect more as the season progresses.
Car crash of a post. For one, These players you listed are not even on the same level with each other so listing them out this way is insulting to players like Mane and Diaz to a lesser extent. Also If you were actually following Raphinha you would have known that he has been very poor for Barca this season and many have started questioning the transfer. As for slipping Adeyemi into that list like we would notice, i have one reply for you - nonsense.

Antony is adapting well and even better than i expected. The evidence is there that he isn't fully expressing himself on the pitch yet he makes good decisions almost always.

UpWithRivers

Posts here saying he should go outside more just make

Car crash of a post. For one, These players you listed are not even on the same level with each other so listing them out this way is insulting to players like Mane and Diaz to a lesser extent. Also If you were actually following Raphinha you would have known that he has been very poor for Barca this season and many have started questioning the transfer. As for slipping Adeyemi into that list like we would notice, i have one reply for you - nonsense.

Antony is adapting well and even better than i expected. The evidence is there that he isn't fully expressing himself on the pitch yet he makes good decisions almost always.
Car crash of a post. I never listed players based on level but on the fees. I never said they were the same level

Conor

Yes as I said I evaluate based on the price paid because I think its partly the players fault. Say I'm a programmer working for a small company and Google/Apple poaches me and triples my wages. I will be expected to be levels up when I work there. I cant just be average and say 'Oh its not my fault you pay me so much. Im not worth that much.' Same as any other profession. Same as when Ferdinand/Rooney etc walked in. They knew they had to prove they were worth it. If you dont think you are then dont take the job. This nonsense that its not his fault and we should allow players to be a lower standard is nonsense in my opinion. And not just him - Ten Haag and the rest of the staff should be judged as well. You only pay 80 for a young player from the Eredivisie because you think he is very special. So thats what I expect.
Your post makes no sense.

flameinthesun

That's 3 things paul, not one.

My god I used to love Scholes but since he became a pundit I can't stand him
Scholes actually is a bad pundit. He even said he doesn't watch football,
and he's clearly not one who analyses games. Just paid to be there based on his name.

Cela

Want to see him and Sancho take on their man on the outside and get to the byline more, or at least occasionally. The top players can beat you on either side which it what makes them hard to defend against. Simply cannot be one dimensional at the level we are trying to compete at.

If we don't start to see that, I worry for the prospects of both long-term.
[/
Arjen Robben was one dimensional but yet defenders couldn't stop him. Some players are just like that. I agree that he needs to attack space more. Currently he doesn't. If he can develop power and speed he will be fine.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Scholes actually is a bad pundit. He even said he doesn't watch football,
and he's clearly not one who analyses games. Just paid to be there based on his name.
Just supports his mates and players he likes. Paid for sound bites to caption and put on twitter. meh.

GledTheRed

Love hearing our ex players opinions on all things modern. Just because he doesn’t play like prime Giggs or Kanchelskis Scholesy isn’t too sure about him.
Scholes spouting some absolute bollocks lately campaigning for his mate Ronaldo to be starring and slagging off "one trick pony" Antony.

Jeffthered

£80+million player my a**

An average player, no more than that. Doesn't show anything more. Has slotted into a bang average team perfectly. A few spectacular strikes a season is all I expect.

Depay. Martial. De Maria. Sanchez. It goes on and on. It's ridiculous. Players with over-inflated egos. You think any of these are better, more effective than, say, Jarrod Bowen at West Ham?

All Anthony will do is put pressure on ETH.

Last edited:

Womp

idiot
These kind of players will improve as our team becomes more dominant on the ball. I'm not worried about him at all, he is ridiculous technically.

kr0nix

An average player, no more than that. Doesn't show anything more. Has slotted into a bang average team perfectly. A few spectacular strikes a season is all I expect.

Depay. Martial. De Maria. Sanchez. It goes on and on. It's ridiculous. Players with over-inflated egos. You think any of these are better, more effective than, say, Jarden Bowen at West Ham?

Is Jarden Bowen the significantly more talented brother of Jarrod Bowen that has 1 goal in 8 PL games this season?

GledTheRed

Depay. Martial. De Maria. Sanchez. It goes on and on. It's ridiculous. Players with over-inflated egos. You think any of these are better, more effective than, say, Jarden Bowen at West Ham?

Antony.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur

Are you newly promoted? What?

Remember the geese

Do you guys have a competition going? Who can write-off the latest United signing the quickest? I really wish this poisonous shite would feck off from this forum.

Red00012

Go suck a toe Scholesy

Pat Cat

Can't quote but regarding that video of him carrying the ball 30 yards or so without much support:

Nice work I guess but really highlights some of his limitations. Didn't have the speed to really break away from his man at any point and was easily unbalanced by the physicality used against him. A Saka or a Sterling would've taken those bumps and not been knocked off their course at all thanks to their superior core strength. Bearing in mind this is all vs Cyprus plumbers.

NK86

Yes as I said I evaluate based on the price paid because I think its partly the players fault. Say I'm a programmer working for a small company and Google/Apple poaches me and triples my wages. I will be expected to be levels up when I work there. I cant just be average and say 'Oh its not my fault you pay me so much. Im not worth that much.' Same as any other profession. Same as when Ferdinand/Rooney etc walked in. They knew they had to prove they were worth it. If you dont think you are then dont take the job. This nonsense that its not his fault and we should allow players to be a lower standard is nonsense in my opinion. And not just him - Ten Haag and the rest of the staff should be judged as well. You only pay 80 for a young player from the Eredivisie because you think he is very special. So thats what I expect.
So do Google/Apple also scout you for months/years, have detailed reports of how you've fared in various projects you were involved with, then negotiated a transfer fee with your current organization and only then hired you?

Your post is one of the worst analogies I have seen here and I have seen plenty on here.

Remember the geese

A Saka or a Sterling would've taken those bumps and not been knocked off their course at all thanks to their superior core strength.
There's also every chance that Saka or Sterling wouldn't have beaten the first man, as being so tight to the touchline required some very intricate dribbling ability.

Mercurial

And they are just as capable of struggling in such a tight space and having to settle for a throw. I'm trying to add a bit of balance here because Antony is getting criticised even for things he has done well.
Probably a few RAWK infiltrators butt-hurt over Darwin "can't understand Klopp" Núñez

UpWithRivers

So do Google/Apple also scout you for months/years, have detailed reports of how you've fared in various projects you were involved with, then negotiated a transfer fee with your current organization and only then hired you?

Your post is one of the worst analogies I have seen here and I have seen plenty on here.
Your post is the worst criticism I have seen here and I have seen plenty on here. No ability to debate and form a counter argument. Just throw out baseless subjective opinions. Its the lowest form of debate. Congratulations

NK86

Your post is the worst criticism I have seen here and I have seen plenty on here. No ability to debate and form a counter argument. Just throw out baseless subjective opinions. Its the lowest form of debate. Congratulations
Well, with posts like yours, there's not much more I can do. Go on, make more such amazing analogies for me to laugh at :)

Maybe you can add that to your resume as well when Google/Apple "scout" you for hiring :lol:

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
This would be better directed at yourself.

Adamsk7

I’ve liked what he’s shown so far in, let’s face it, a small sample size. Certainly be no means the worst performer in our front line, he is making space for himself well, his passing in often crisp and accurate and he gets back and pressed well. Currently he’s relying on that cut inside and bend it in the corner (and why not? He’s scored a goal like it already and had another well saved last night) but I expect more variation in his game as he progresses with the team and learns the league.

More to come I’d say. I’m not worried. Now Sancho, that’s another matter entirely!

Status
Not open for further replies.