Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
My opinion of him is unchanged since before we signed him, he will be a top player within the next 2 seasons.

Hes still developing but he has all the ingredients to be a top winger.

ETH will get it out of him.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Spike from Buffy scores again.

Our goals outlet and we seriously didn't have that in a long time, from a right wing.

Edwards6

Feck the doubters! 2nd half showed what a difference he makes to the team

Mr.Hik

I hope that people finally can see what he brings to our game.

Caius

Hope the goal today will get some people off of Antony's back, obviously he hasn't yet lived up to the price tag but he's undeniably improved us as a team and he has the right mentality to succeed, really like his fiery attitude

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I have been a big Antony critic. However, even if he hadn't scored tonight, I was impressed: Ran in behind, tried to take on defenders. That's what a Man Utd winger needs to do.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Thought he was horrible other than the goal, messed up some chances on the break with either a bad touch or poor decision. The doubts about his decision making and lack of ideas when not presented with space still not going away, but he can come up with pieces of magic.

Nani was similar when he first came through, lets see if he can improve.

mavradal

Man of the match for me, he was very good offensively as well as defensively.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I have been a big Antony critic. However, even if he hadn't scored tonight, I was impressed: Ran in behind, tried to take on defenders. That's what a Man Utd winger needs to do.
100% this, been much, much better since the World Cup. Good to have him back.

Red_Aaron

showed great control on that finish, a spinning ball but he stroked it into the corner

looked fit and sharp and confident, fancy him to start over on Sunday

space

He was excellent, should have had that assist for Rashy but otherwise he was great

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
A pre-season working on his right foot and this lad is gonna do bits next season

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Had a huge impact on the team tonight when he was subbed in. Always a couple of bad choices when he has to think in the box but overall it's far more than compensated by the balance he brought on his side. Very good game.

RedNome

Cnut Rating: 9 (Conservative)
We just need to pair him with an elite right back, Gary Neville would be great on the overlap with him.

ti vu

It's not only the goal, or the attacking run he makes, but the defensive work, the know how to shield the ball under pressure to get throw in, or allow his teammate to get into good position before passing is as important. It helps everyone around him. AWB benefited and improved in the second half despite having a meh first half.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He was excellent, should have had that assist for Rashy but otherwise he was great
to be fair defender did get a touch on it - but he probably shouldn’t have allowed that

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Also all those who say he isn't fast, sure yeah he isn't Adeyemi fast but look at what he did for his first run vs Christensen. There is a great player in there, it's a matter of being patient and ETH working on him

NZT-One

I can understand criticizing Antony in terms of his end product or 1v1 dribbling ability but I found it strange when it comes to carries - it's ability in which he is closest to the European elite group and we obviously missed him and his ability to bring the play to the final third in some matches.

Apart from carriers into the penalty area, which I think is not surprisingly low given that he is instructed to stay wide rather than to cut inside, he ranks himself pretty high among other elite wingers in the top 5 leagues.

His price tag is something that doesn't go in his favor when we all judge him, but I see three things that heavily influenced the price we paid for him: an already inflated market, a lack of real alternatives on the market and pretty bad timing to make a transfer at the end of the window.

He's still a young player in his first season and he is already playing a big part in our setup, he is far from a flop - give him a little bit of support and trust.
You are right - me using term "carrying" implied something I didn't want to say. You are right, he is a decent carrier, what I meant was his ability to beat defenders 1on1. I hoped he would be better at it than he apparently is.

Nonetheless, played well tonight and again a great finish. He contributed today, good for him.

El Jefe

Huge goal and what a time to get it. He stepped up and made himself available both on and off the ball unlike Sancho. His intensity and workrate was amazing.

I'm no fan of his offensive game but I'll stick to the positives for tonight. What a moment for the lad personally though.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Obviously entitled to your opinion, but wanting Weghorst in the starting XI over Antony is sheer madness to me. We still need to score and win.
You are absolutely correct, mate. I'm happy to be proved wrong.

Vaibhav Raj

Besides his winning goal, his arrival on the pitch meant we were able to keep the ball better on right hand side and recycled possession better. This in turn gave us that bit of extra control in the second half.
I am sure he will be criticised for some future performances that will be deemed tame by caf posters. I personally feel more assured with Antony on right given we only have few players who help us maintain control of the match (Casemiro, Eriksen and Martinez being the other ones) and more players who like to take risk with ball at their feet or just aren’t that good in possession.

Abraxas

He scores some seriously pretty goals. He was a bit wasteful but no real complaints when you win a game like that.

Greck

Even with his errors he's the one with the most possession sustainable game. When he can't beat a player he knows to play around them. Gets too much flack for never beating his man when it's his knowledge of his limitations that makes him an asset.

Vapor trail

He was brilliant for me. I have minimal concern with Antony as opposed to Sancho. Antony seems like no matter what time is all he needs to reach higher heights it almost feels inevitable he will come good pending no significant injury.

I reckon by mid next season he will hold down the right flank being a pivotal first team player with consistent performances.

Status
Not open for further replies.