Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Nialler

Alex's Dad
That Dirty Black Bag is quite good, kind of like a spaghetti western with hints of Tarantino.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
My Name on Netflix is a decent Korean martial arts series. Young girl’s gangster dad is killed, she sets out to find his killer beating up a lot of folk along the way.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I've loved Counterpart far more than Mr Inbetween that said I'll go back to it.
I liked season 1 of Counterpart but probably not as much as you so it will be interesting to see how you go with season2.

The end of Mr Inbetween season 2 and particularly season 3 are top notch though. Hope I haven't over sold it :)

AaronRedDevil

Currently watching Startup on Netflix. It's actually pretty good. Has a Ozark vibe to it. But it's tech. I'm nearly finished Season 2, only 1 more to go.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Tokyo Vice season 1 has been excellent and I'm looking forward to season 2.

Snowfall season 5 final was great and set up the final season really well.

Spoony

The People's President
I liked season 1 of Counterpart but probably not as much as you so it will be interesting to see how you go with season2.

The end of Mr Inbetween season 2 and particularly season 3 are top notch though. Hope I haven't over sold it :)
Mr Inbetween seems to be well loved by everyone. Counterpart is different, it's convoluted to the extreme. Suppose it comes down to personal taste, I enjoy spy and espionage. Buy yeah, I'll get back to Mr Inbetween, I thought the protagonist was brilliant.

SirAnderson

Tokyo Vice season 1 has been excellent and I'm looking forward to season 2.

Snowfall season 5 final was great and set up the final season really well.
I see all episodes are out for Tokyo Vice, but I see it's no in 2160p, any chance it comes or should I just go ahead and watch it? Really sounds good and keeps popping up in the thread.

EDIT: Nevermind about the 4k. I see it is an HBO thing.

Great to hear about Snowfall as well, I think I still need to do season 4 and 5, so looking forward to that.

Last edited:

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
The Staircase is getting good reviews. All episodes just became available on Sky.

Yeah I enjoyed season one very much, I thought it was great, and it's not usually a genre I go out of my way to watch, so it really was very good. Looking forward to season to as well.
Cool, thanks. I'm gonna give it a go this weekend.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Mr Inbetween seems to be well loved by everyone. Counterpart is different, it's convoluted to the extreme. Suppose it comes down to personal taste, I enjoy spy and espionage. Buy yeah, I'll get back to Mr Inbetween, I thought the protagonist was brilliant.
I didn't mind the convoluted nature of it and the acting was good, plus I love good sci-fi. With season 2 I don't really remember why I lost interest and perhaps after not going back to it after watching the first few episodes for whatever reason, it being cancel mad me not bother. Let me know how it goes and I might give it another go.

And for you the best of Mr Inbetween is yet to come.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Just watched 2nd episode of Barry season 3 and was laughing out loud at Henry Winkler. I think it’s a great show on HBO

wr8_utd

:'(
Just watched 2nd episode of Barry season 3 and was laughing out loud at Henry Winkler. I think it’s a great show on HBO
I'm quite glad these first two episodes have managed to keep up the levels we've come to expect from S1 and 2.

choccy77

I’ve been binging Pennyworth. Talk about characters having flaws. It’s Alfred the butler in 60s dystopian London as a young man who is ruthless after a stint with S.AS.
I'm seeing a girl that's in season 3, playing Asian scientist (typecast) haha

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I absolutely cannot stand Sally and I'm not sure why. I think it's her face.
I mean she’s supposed to be a horrible self obsessed controlling bitch who takes advantage of people around her but I’m not sure why you wouldn’t like her apart from that.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I mean she’s supposed to be a horrible self obsessed controlling bitch who takes advantage of people around her but I’m not sure why you wouldn’t like her apart from that.
I get that but there have been plenty of male characters that do this and people laud them. I never disliked Skyler White or Wendy Byrde for those reasons so I'm not sure why Sally pisses me off so much.

Massive Spanner

I get that but there have been plenty of male characters that do this and people laud them. I never disliked Skyler White or Wendy Byrde for those reasons so I'm not sure why Sally pisses me off so much.
I dunno. I am very much disliking Wendy in the final season :lol: but yeah Sally is very annoying.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Thanks to COVID I have been able to do severance, for all mankind, the morning show and I am now 2 episodes into season 2 of Ted Lasso. All worth a watch.

SirAnderson

One of the best shows on tv.
Not sure how I have not known about this series and it came out in 2018 already!
Anyway giving it a shot today, it's jumped the queue!
2 season of 8 30min long episodes, at a 8.3 rating on IMDb, 92% fan rating on RT and highly recommended on the cafe, what can go wrong!

Massive Spanner

Yeah she has had a bit of a Walter White full heel turn hasn't she. I've got the finale left to watch.
I’m 4 eps in to the second part. I always thought Laura Linney was great but it feels like she’s over acting everything now, or maybe it’s just purposeful for the character, but it’s wrecking my head a bit.

Gazautd18

Just binged D I Ray.( 4 Eps at 45 mins)
Rated it as I liked Parminder Nagra back in the day...
Same people as Line of Duty and did have the same feel.
Hope they do a season 2

AaronRedDevil

Finished startup and only realize now that Season 4 has been cancelled. Ffs! It was a really good show.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Meltdown - Three Mile Island - great docudrama on Netflix about the 1979 partial meltdown of a TMI reactor in central Pennsylvania.

e - from ‘good’ to ‘great’

Last edited:

fallengt

If you're into black comedy & don't mind mild gore, violent stuff, I'd recommend Peacemaker
It's the best superheroes show to me.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
ok but he is selling it like it is his life story and therein lies the problem. Literally no one agrees with his story.
I had no idea it was based on a book of any sort and enjoyed it for being a well told story.

Loon

:lol:
Enjoyed the first episode of THE OFFER. About the making of THE GODFATHER. Matthew Goode is superb as Robert Evans.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Enjoyed the first episode of THE OFFER. About the making of THE GODFATHER. Matthew Goode is superb as Robert Evans.
It was a good start to the series.

e - four episodes in, this is shaping up to be a great show.

Last edited: