Arsenal 2017/2018

LLMU

He seems to always not having much composure in front of goal. Pretty much still the bambi on ice that we saw before.

Obiorahking_

We had four centrebacks out yesterday. Koscielny (red card), Mustafi, Mertesacker and Gabriel (injuries). Mustafi and Mertesacker should be back next game and Koscielny will be back the game after that. Obviously central defenders is not really as big of a problem as you make it out to be but I wouldn't mind letting go of Gabriel and bringing someone much better in. Then we'd pretty much have the best defense (at least on paper) in the league. Certainly a lot better then united's at least that btw isn't really that impressive.
Think you are overestimating your defense by a wide margin here especially considering you conceded 15 more goals than us last year. Mustafi is a question mark at best, Koch isn't in good form, and Bellerin is terrible as a defender. Much work needs to be done.

Hawks2008

Welbeck is truly abysmal. Turning 27 in November and he hasn't progressed at all since joining them...It's still funny to me that there are those one here that think he shouldn't have been sold :houllier:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I think we will sing Ozil on a free next summer. He has always did well with Mourinho.

HisDudeness

Supports
Rangers
Shock lossses are always funny lol

The game I'm really looking fowards to is the Chelsea vs Spurs. Really, in terms of morale, Conte doesn't want to lose 2 in a row. And they are playing Spurs. So why I was most interested in that game.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
We had four centrebacks out yesterday. Koscielny (red card), Mustafi, Mertesacker and Gabriel (injuries). Mustafi and Mertesacker should be back next game and Koscielny will be back the game after that. Obviously central defenders is not really as big of a problem as you make it out to be but I wouldn't mind letting go of Gabriel and bringing someone much better in. Then we'd pretty much have the best defense (at least on paper) in the league. Certainly a lot better then united's at least that btw isn't really that impressive.
:lol::lol:

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Some of Danny's finishing has been absolutely comical this season so far. The last two games he's had shots off his shoulder, shin, arse the lot. Been watching with a gooner mate of mine and he can only laugh. He's such a good player but his finishing is absolutely pants.
He's not progressed hasn't he? I think it's definitely a mental problem at this point. That chance he had, he wanted to get closer before attempting the finish. In the end he only managed to rake/prod the ball forward with his studs. :lol:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Wenger's defense of him in his post match comments just shows why that team is so weak.
He doesn't challenge his players. He's more concerned as bout maintaining a happy camp.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
I fear we run the risk of finishing 8th. Everton and Leicester look good and Liverpool are not finishing below 5th spot. The more Wenger stay, the more it gets worse for us :(

OneUnited24

I fear we run the risk of finishing 8th. Everton and Leicester look good and Liverpool are not finishing below 5th spot. The more Wenger stay, the more it gets worse for us :(
Worse than that mate, i think you'll get pulled into a relegation battle... and with Welbeck running the line it might be worse :(
LOLZ
Jokes aside hows Lacazette been for you? I saw him yesterday and his touch looked really off and didnt really get in the game. Its all i've seen of him and was curious

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
You remind me of that hyper negative Chelsea fan on here.
Arsenal will always hit a patch of form.

izec

Arsenal are ok, especially when Sanchez comes back. But they could do with another signing or two. Think a top 4 challenge is on the cards again, as usual

Moonred

Arsenal weren't even that bad. Dominated the game and created enough chances to win. Lacazette will score quite a bit and will be fighting for top 4 quite easily. Will be a different story if Sanchez goes though. Stoke away isn't easy for good teams. Some of Arsene's decisions were questionable I admit. Finishing 8th? Lol.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Worse than that mate, i think you'll get pulled into a relegation battle... and with Welbeck running the line it might be worse :(
LOLZ
Jokes aside hows Lacazette been for you? I saw him yesterday and his touch looked really off and didnt really get in the game. Its all i've seen of him and was curious
Lacazette is good, imo. He doesn't do that much during the game, but when you give him the ball he becomes dangerous. Yesterday he even scored a great goal maybe wrongly disallowed.

tomaldinho1

Some of Danny's finishing has been absolutely comical this season so far. The last two games he's had shots off his shoulder, shin, arse the lot. Been watching with a gooner mate of mine and he can only laugh. He's such a good player but his finishing is absolutely pants.
For all Van Gaal's problems, he got so much flak for letting Welbeck go undeservedly. He's in his 'prime' now and still can't finish for toffee.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Lacazette is good, imo. He doesn't do that much during the game, but when you give him the ball he becomes dangerous. Yesterday he even scored a great goal maybe wrongly disallowed.
It was rightly disallowed. That was offside no matter how marginal it was. Yes it was unlucky for Arsenal as there was a guessing element of the linesman but he did get the right call. I'd be livid if it was an United player though.

Mike09

Ozil is a type of player who will make something happen to their attackers. He should play further up front because he's not a type of player who will work his shocks off to get or win the ball back. Thus, Arsenal's midfield & defenders needs to do better to defend and keep possession of the ball.

He did create a lot of chances for Arsenal vs Stoke, Arsenal weren't clinical enough to finish their chances.

Oscie

Welbeck will score against us this season, but his total won't be in double figures.

Eddy_JukeZ

I think we will sing Ozil on a free next summer. He has always did well with Mourinho.
I'd stay far away from him.

Even though he was great under Jose, I think he much like Di Maria both peaked long ago at Real and are only getting worse.

tomaldinho1

This is the problem with Arsenal, overrating average players. Of those four, Kos is the only one I rate at all and he is out of form - this kind of spills across the entire team. I think Wenger's recruitment has been ok over the years but it seems quite ad hoc, who is available? Yes let's just sign this guy because he's technicaly good. What about our defense? Let's make a paltry bid for Johnny Evans then sign another player from abroad who might not settle in the PL when that's rejected.

On your point about United's defense, it is a lot better than Arsenal's. 1) Jose is far superior defensively to Arsene 2) You don't have a Bailly 3) Matic 4) All of our forwards defend - bar martial

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Koscielny isn't a shit defender? Where do you all get this nonsense?
Watching him play and Arsenals defensive performances.

I mean, if we really have to we can drag up videos of where he has been particularly terrible, like the league cup final against Birmingham which he was culpable for the defeat.

Perhaps it's because NO player has been sent off as many times as him since he joined the league?

Even his own fans claim he is mentally weak, not vocal enough and not not strong enough to be a leader at the back.

Or we can bring up opinion pieces from journalists and ex Pros and Redcafe who believe the same thing:

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/footbal...ers-in-the-premier-league-dont-make-me-laugh/

http://metro.co.uk/2017/03/07/arsen...ot-world-class-says-charlie-nicholas-6494606/

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/how-highly-do-you-rate-laurent-koscielny.426423/

Then there's the match reports where he has been culpable for penalties, free kicks that have cost goals, missed headers that have cost goals, etc etc.

Yes every defender costs goals at some point, but there hasn't been a defender as over rated in the league Jonathan Woodgate.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
It was rightly disallowed. That was offside no matter how marginal it was. Yes it was unlucky for Arsenal as there was a guessing element of the linesman but he did get the right call. I'd be livid if it was an United player though.
He will still come good for us though. Just need better services.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Imagine going from supplying balls to Cristiano Ronaldo to supplying balls to Danny 'Bambi on Ice' Welbeck. I feel sorry for Ozil.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Can we just save some time and copy and paste in last seasons thread? We can edit it as we go along but it'll be largely the same. Can even leave in the FA cup win and the sense of false hope that follows it.

goons

Supports
Arsenal
anyone thinking Koscielny is the problem is not really watching our games. stupid opinions you'll find everywhere though so nothing new really.

goons

Supports
Arsenal
This is the problem with Arsenal, overrating average players. Of those four, Kos is the only one I rate at all and he is out of form - this kind of spills across the entire team. I think Wenger's recruitment has been ok over the years but it seems quite ad hoc, who is available? Yes let's just sign this guy because he's technicaly good. What about our defense? Let's make a paltry bid for Johnny Evans then sign another player from abroad who might not settle in the PL when that's rejected.

On your point about United's defense, it is a lot better than Arsenal's. 1) Jose is far superior defensively to Arsene 2) You don't have a Bailly 3) Matic 4) All of our forwards defend - bar martial
You're doing exactly the same. Lindelöf, jones, smelling, rojo etc etc. A bunch of average defenders really. No big club would want any of them.

And I clearly said on paper.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
I feel that Wenger's idea of football has changed for the worse over the years of his management career. In his teams he used to have hard players like Adams, Vieira and Keown but it seems like as years have gone by, he became too obsessed with small technical players and completely abandoned his winning recipe. This started when Arsenal's style of play was being compared to Barcelona.

Minimalist

I think Ozil should get more shit for his attacking output rather than worrying about his teamwork and tackles. Pick your battles as people say. He wasn't bought to work hard, he was bought to be a creative genius. He doesn't do that enough and that's much more concerning.

As much as it's early days, Arsenal look very suspect all over. A big improvement will need to come all round if they're to return to a top four finish.

I think Spurs would have Arsenal for dinner at the moment, never mind finish above them.

AshRK

Arsenal are ok, especially when Sanchez comes back. But they could do with another signing or two. Think a top 4 challenge is on the cards again, as usual
I can't see them finishing in top 4 even with Sanchez. Only way they can finish is, if two of Chelsea, spurs,united and Liverpool have horrendous season. I can see arsenal finishing 6th

Lentwood

I think they are miles off. I predicted they would miss out on top 4 last season and I am going to go further and say this season they will finish 7th. I think Wenger signing for another 2yrs was the worst thing that could happen to the club and the fact that 3 of their better players are currently involved in contract stand offs and look likely to leave on a free is such an amatuer, terrible show from the club

Cloud7

Welbeck is in no way or form "such a good player". Of course he's going to score his customary goal against us this season, but other than that he is thoroughly mediocre.

InfiniteBoredom

I think they are miles off. I predicted they would miss out on top 4 last season and I am going to go further and say this season they will finish 7th. I think Wenger signing for another 2yrs was the worst thing that could happen to the club and the fact that 3 of their better players are currently involved in contract stand offs and look likely to leave on a free is such an amatuer, terrible show from the club
I think 5th. Pool is struggling so far and doesnt look likely for top 4. Everton is Everton.

However, if they have a few more defeats/draws in quick succession, things can unravel very quickly.