Arsenal - Dirty team

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Their lack of bottle in big games is nothing new though.

10 losses and 1 draw in their last 11 games against United & Chelsea, id wager Bolton and Stoke have better records.
Well then hit them with that rather than the fact they committed the game average fouls for the league this season.

Northstand

Last night you got a joke penalty, I know Rooney didn't score, but all the same. Now, I know it sounds bitter, but we have had cause to be. Not at the Emirates mind, we were well beaten, but at OT in the last two seasons.
It clearly was not a "joke" penalty: could you hand-on-heart say you've not seen plenty like it given? Not only that, but what about the earlier shout for a pen when Chamakh handled? For me any side, especially playing at home, would expect to get one of those awarded.

AlwaysRedwood

Christ, Arsenal fans are moaning bitches.

Try winning the big ones, so you don't have to count fouls and whatnot.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
They're not a dirty team. But they do have this whole superiority complex that only they play the game the right way and everyone else is dirty. Now because this philosophy hasn't really worked out well for them and they've been criticized for not being able to deal with the physical game they seem to be trying a bit too hard at times to prove everyone wrong.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
I'm bitter about the last two refereeing performances at OT, yes. I mean, the thing is, with Mike Dean, that performance was a joke. We committed fifteen fouls and got 6 yellows. So 2.5 fouls/yellow. You committed 21, and received 3 yellows. So 7 fouls/yellow.

Last night you got a joke penalty, I know Rooney didn't score, but all the same. Now, I know it sounds bitter, but we have had cause to be. Not at the Emirates mind, we were well beaten, but at OT in the last two seasons.
Sorry al, but it's very transparent and the bitterness doesn't reflect well on you. You can't look at foul stats and say because one team fouled more they should have been booked more. Arsenal's fouls may have been more dangerous or more desperate. There's so many variables to consider.

We've already discussed the penalty on Monday night, and i don't think you can feel hard done by because we had a much more clear cut one ruled out for the Chamakh handball. You and pete would be in a mental home if that hadn't been given to you at 0-0. The referee may have been evening things up with the Clichy one - I don't like that type of 'evening up' decision but we see it all the time.

Sorry but you have no cause to be bitter. And there's a big difference between us highlighting your fouls and you highlighting ours. Firstly we're not using your fouling as an excuse - we still won - it's merely an observation. Secondly, because of the amount of crying your fans and manager do about fouling (you're still moaning about a game 15 months ago), it's nice to show the hypocrisy. You pretend you're something you're not, we don't.

Northstand

Sorry al, but it's very transparent and the bitterness doesn't reflect well on you. You can't look at foul stats and say because one team fouled more they should have been booked more. Arsenal's fouls may have been more dangerous or more desperate. There's so many variables to consider.

We've already discussed the penalty on Monday night, and i don't think you can feel hard done by because we had a much more clear cut one ruled out for the Chamakh handball. You and pete would be in a mental home if that hadn't been given to you at 0-0. The referee may have been evening things up with the Clichy one - I don't like that type of 'evening up' decision but we see it all the time.

Sorry but you have no cause to be bitter. And there's a big difference between us highlighting your fouls and you highlighting ours. Firstly we're not using your fouling as an excuse - we still won - it's merely an observation. Secondly, because of the amount of crying your fans and manager do about fouling (you're still moaning about a game 15 months ago), it's nice to show the hypocrisy. You pretend you're something you're not, we don't.
You nailed it there, Krafty.

alastair

ignorant

There are variables to consider, but I still think the performance was a shocking one. And penalties should never be evened up. It's got to be independently done - if he doesn't award you one penalty, it doesn't mean he should make up for it by giving you one that wasn't. Referees make mistakes, fine, and as a consequence, Clichy's penalty can't be given in sympathy. It happens a lot, and should be stopped.

I'm not particularly moaning about the fouling last year at OT, more the fact that your players can't seem to be booked for it. Even this year, when Fletcher manhandles Webb, he doesn't get a yellow card. It does get grating. It's not an excuse for the result though - we didn't lose because of your fouling, we lost because we couldn't finish our chances. When I say I'm bitter about the two results, I'm annoyed at the way we played on Monday more than I am the officiating. The season before, the officiating was the major cause of our defeat, but the other day, Park's goal was fair, and we didn't score a goal. So fair enough.

Denis' cuff

never mind 15 months - feck me they're still on about that well known animal Phil Nev from nearly a decade ago. Whatever Whinger moans about, the feckin sheep follow suit. You'll see in 15 years time they'll be moaning about the state of the pitch and that'll be 20 years without a major trophy but a very promising, young side.

bummers, always have been, always will be :lol:

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
There are variables to consider, but I still think the performance was a shocking one. And penalties should never be evened up. It's got to be independently done - if he doesn't award you one penalty, it doesn't mean he should make up for it by giving you one that wasn't. Referees make mistakes, fine, and as a consequence, Clichy's penalty can't be given in sympathy. It happens a lot, and should be stopped.

I'm not particularly moaning about the fouling last year at OT, more the fact that your players can't seem to be booked for it. Even this year, when Fletcher manhandles Webb, he doesn't get a yellow card. It does get grating. It's not an excuse for the result though - we didn't lose because of your fouling, we lost because we couldn't finish our chances. When I say I'm bitter about the two results, I'm annoyed at the way we played on Monday more than I am the officiating. The season before, the officiating was the major cause of our defeat, but the other day, Park's goal was fair, and we didn't score a goal. So fair enough.
You're right, penalties shouldn't be evened up, but my point is you can't feel hard done by when you got away with a much more clear-cut one earlier in the game. The Clichy one wasn't that shocking a decision either, like you make out. Again, we've seen them given. I think it was harsh.

Anyway, this booking and foul talk is getting boring. It's a peterstorey ploy to deflect from the real issue at hand - Arsenal putting in another pathetic display and getting nothing from a big game. As moses says, the more he can talk about fouls, the less he has to talk about Arsenal's failings.

So let's talk about how shit your team were. Walcott. What the feck was he doing when he came on? Wilshere the next Fabregas? Don't make me laugh. Nasri. When is he next going to perform against a team who aren't cannon fodder? Song. Never mind football, he can't even do anti-football well. Sagna. What the feck were those crosses?

Bearded but no genius

never mind 15 months - feck me they're still on about that well known animal Phil Nev from nearly a decade ago. Whatever Whinger moans about, the feckin sheep follow suit. You'll see in 15 years time they'll be moaning about the state of the pitch and that'll be 20 years without a major trophy but a very promising, young side.

:lol:

Jopub

From Barca to Orient - back down to earth with a b
"Thomas..It's up for grabs now - Thomas, righ
So let's talk about how shit your team were. Walcott. What the feck was he doing when he came on? Wilshere the next Fabregas? Don't make me laugh. Nasri. When is he next going to perform against a team who aren't cannon fodder? Song. Never mind football, he can't even do anti-football well. Sagna. What the feck were those crosses?
This is comical

You talk like you were Barca v Real the other week

You were a bit better than us, a bit, and we were piss poor, you did not create a bucketful of great chances that were spurned as you spanked us by 5 or 6 - you huffed and puffed and Ferguson spent the game employing a defensively solid tactic that nullified anything we tried. Your best players on the pitch according to ferguson were your back four !

You did not keep the ball for ages, dominate us, run rings around us, smash us 6-0 roll us over with fantasy football

Fk me what were you watching!?!

You like us were poor especially in the first half and you like us hardly strung two passes together. If you think Utd were anything other than workmanlike your fking brain dead

You harried us, you worked your bollocks off, you tactically kept it tight and pushed us into small useless spaces and scored a flukey goal.

You still, it has to be said, did those things better than us and so deserved the win - no-one would argue that but at no point were you making the fantasy football pulses race away

At most points where you did try to be adventurous you were dreadful! not brilliant - Carrick Park and Fletcher were giving the ball away like it was a hot potato and getting stick from the crowd for doing it consistantly

I bet if I looked in the match thread right now to where before you scored I'd see loads of you moaning and bitching about how poor Park, Carrick, Anderson and Fletcher were - particularly Fletcher and Park who before the goal was fking abysmal creatively he could'nt trap a bag of cement

Rooney was flapping about up front and Clichy was keeping a grip on Nani too who's deflected cross cause Parks flukey header. Oh and the Old Trafford crowd was getting on your backs because of dreadful crossing too

The ball spent most of its life popping about in midfield. One Nani shot in the first half went close - one

The whole fist half was like this and most of the second too

I have not imagined or invented any of this - this is how this game was played and you'd have to fking blind to see it in some opposite way

How in fks names you end up talking about how appalling we were in comparison to your 'brilliance' is mystifying.

It was a tight slightly negative game with nobody wanting to lose which Ferguson with spot on tactics won comfortably - nothing more

Agreed disappointing for us because the onus was on us to actually push you back on your heels with penetrating decisive play but we never even got started at that which for us is of course shit poor. You put a stranglehold on us in midfield that we were incapable of breaking down

I think that's a mental thing Ferguson has got over us and will probably remain whilst Wenger is in charge of us but if you think you were the next Barcalona you're demented

I think if you play like that at Chelsea they'll beat you comfortably

As for tackles - fkinhell - over the last 12 years Ferguson has used intimidation against us and others as a legitimate tactic - fair play, so if we do resort to it every now and again so what ? - its about time and I'd rather that than see us roll over and admire you running around us. You'd do it / have done so there should be no moaning about it from any of you

Jopub

Quite a rant Jopub.

Not sure where you got from that paragraph that I think we spanked you 6-0 with fantasy football.

You need help.
Not at rant all

A completely realistic and accurate view of Monday's game

Many of you including you are talking like you played some wondrous football - you did'nt

...You need eyes

CnutOfAllCnuts

Bald Boring Cnut
Not at rant all

Many of you including you are talking like you played some wondrous football - you did'nt

...You need eyes
We didn't play "wondrous" football, nor have I seen anyone claim so.

We played as well as we needed, and won comfortably.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
Not at rant all

...You need eyes
What the hell are you talking about?

Read the post you quoted before your spastic rant and tell me where I said anything like that?

You are very strange.

Allforone

United could spend £85million on David De Gea, Phi
Who the feck keeps unstrapping Jopub from bed in the mornings? for christ sake if your going to let him loose on the net at least give the man his pills! i wouldn't mind but he rants on about shite no ones even said, its like hes in a world arguing with himself but..not if that makes sense.

Decotron

:lol:

Longsden_7

This is comical

You talk like you were Barca v Real the other week

You were a bit better than us, a bit, and we were piss poor, you did not create a bucketful of great chances that were spurned as you spanked us by 5 or 6 - you huffed and puffed and Ferguson spent the game employing a defensively solid tactic that nullified anything we tried. Your best players on the pitch according to ferguson were your back four !

You did not keep the ball for ages, dominate us, run rings around us, smash us 6-0 roll us over with fantasy football

Fk me what were you watching!?!

You like us were poor especially in the first half and you like us hardly strung two passes together. If you think Utd were anything other than workmanlike your fking brain dead

You harried us, you worked your bollocks off, you tactically kept it tight and pushed us into small useless spaces and scored a flukey goal.

You still, it has to be said, did those things better than us and so deserved the win - no-one would argue that but at no point were you making the fantasy football pulses race away

At most points where you did try to be adventurous you were dreadful! not brilliant - Carrick Park and Fletcher were giving the ball away like it was a hot potato and getting stick from the crowd for doing it consistantly

I bet if I looked in the match thread right now to where before you scored I'd see loads of you moaning and bitching about how poor Park, Carrick, Anderson and Fletcher were - particularly Fletcher and Park who before the goal was fking abysmal creatively he could'nt trap a bag of cement

Rooney was flapping about up front and Clichy was keeping a grip on Nani too who's deflected cross cause Parks flukey header. Oh and the Old Trafford crowd was getting on your backs because of dreadful crossing too

The ball spent most of its life popping about in midfield. One Nani shot in the first half went close - one

The whole fist half was like this and most of the second too

I have not imagined or invented any of this - this is how this game was played and you'd have to fking blind to see it in some opposite way

How in fks names you end up talking about how appalling we were in comparison to your 'brilliance' is mystifying.

It was a tight slightly negative game with nobody wanting to lose which Ferguson with spot on tactics won comfortably - nothing more

Agreed disappointing for us because the onus was on us to actually push you back on your heels with penetrating decisive play but we never even got started at that which for us is of course shit poor. You put a stranglehold on us in midfield that we were incapable of breaking down

I think that's a mental thing Ferguson has got over us and will probably remain whilst Wenger is in charge of us but if you think you were the next Barcalona you're demented

I think if you play like that at Chelsea they'll beat you comfortably

As for tackles - fkinhell - over the last 12 years Ferguson has used intimidation against us and others as a legitimate tactic - fair play, so if we do resort to it every now and again so what ? - its about time and I'd rather that than see us roll over and admire you running around us. You'd do it / have done so there should be no moaning about it from any of you
I completely agree with the first point.

The other not so much, if we go 442 we will beat them. Lampard won't be playing 90mins and Ramieres is utter shit.

towcester_red

Yes that team who were looking much like their former selves against Tottenham and if you play like you did against us will probably beat you comfortably imo
Ha take off your anti Utd glasses for a moment. We arent playing too badly ourselves.

We did what we had to do against you lot, if your manager is incapable of coming up with a plan b then why change our tactics in that game?

wr8_utd

:'(
I'm so happy Rooney missed that penalty. Had he scored that then all we'd be hearing forever is how refs are scared at OT and always give us favors and how Arsenal were robbed.

sajeev

Yes that team who were looking much like their former selves against Tottenham and if you play like you did against us will probably beat you comfortably imo
you haven't got a clue :(

Makki

QUITTER
freguson y u rest the ginger prawn hes most import
A question to alastair in particular: What foul/card ratio is fair in your opinion, since you bring up that you had 2.5 fouls/card, and how should a ref go about it if he's already fulfilled that ratio when a crunching tackle flies in in the 90th minute? Should he refrain from reprimanding the player, in order to keep the fouls/cards ratio intact as per the alastair scale?

Jopub

Disappointed JoPub's rant was sans beetles.
but frankly the notion that you were ten levels better than us Monday is laughable

Honestly the first half in particular was old style 1970's 3rd division Millwall v Scunthorpe - good players were terrible from both sides - some of it was shockingly bad

Anyone trying to make it out to be better than that, which many of you are, is ridiculous

struggling to input the words 'beetle' and 'crush' in anywhere though at the moment

......maybe it's the pitch! :D

alastair

ignorant
A question to alastair in particular: What foul/card ratio is fair in your opinion, since you bring up that you had 2.5 fouls/card, and how should a ref go about it if he's already fulfilled that ratio when a crunching tackle flies in in the 90th minute? Should he refrain from reprimanding the player, in order to keep the fouls/cards ratio intact as per the alastair scale?

Well, obviously it's hardly an exact science. I just feel generally that if a side who commits 2/3rds of the amount of fouls of the opposition ends up with treble the amount of cards, there's probably going to have been some poor officiating somewhere along the line.

I fully appreciate the point that tackles are of varying severity, but in the game in question, Arsenal's weren't. Nor were United's, to be fair, but then again, they only received three yellow cards.

It's not like I'm implying bias or anything. I just feel that the last two games at OT have been poorly officiated, and we've been on the end of the poor decisions. In the last two games, we've conceded two penalties, both of which were dubious at best. These are game-changing decisions. Last year, you could argue it changed the result, this year, I don't think it did.

Makki

QUITTER
freguson y u rest the ginger prawn hes most import
Well, obviously it's hardly an exact science. I just feel generally that if a side who commits 2/3rds of the amount of fouls of the opposition ends up with treble the amount of cards, there's probably going to have been some poor officiating somewhere along the line.

I fully appreciate the point that tackles are of varying severity, but in the game in question, Arsenal's weren't. Nor were United's, to be fair, but then again, they only received three yellow cards.

It's not like I'm implying bias or anything. I just feel that the last two games at OT have been poorly officiated, and we've been on the end of the poor decisions. In the last two games, we've conceded two penalties, both of which were dubious at best. These are game-changing decisions. Last year, you could argue it changed the result, this year, I don't think it did.
There will always be controversy if you look extremely closely for it. Maybe I'm biased, but I think the card/free kick statistics reflect pretty well on the game that I saw..

Regarding the dubious penalty, I don't see how you can go on about that when you time after time, when being quizzed on it, fail to respond to whether Chamakh should've had a penalty against him in the first half? Things did, as people say they will, even themselves out in my opinion, and a ref is much more likely to give a 'soft' foul if he's denied a clear one before in order to keep the game under control, which is what I think Webb was doing when choosing not to blow for the handball on Chamakh.