Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil may care

He "puts a shift in" as they say but offers very little quality on the ball, but our whole set-up feels like it's built for a point not to be offesnive.

Minimalist

Doing a job I guess but feck me he offers nothing. Even got himself carded for being a mouthy cnut.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
I'd much rather Young than Rooney. With Young he might not provide spectacular moments but he's not actively harming the team. I would like him to get in positions to whip some crosses in though. It's crazy that we're not delivering better crosses for Ibrahimovic, who doesn't exactly need a pin-point Beckham-esque delivery to be a threat.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Could be, i honestly havent noticed him.
You obviously dont watch the game when we don't have the ball

Not giving out, lots of people are like that and it's easy not to notice. But his work off the ball has been exceptional

Vaibhav Raj

He is doing the defensive side of his job. But we continue to lack in attack what an upgrade like Mkhi/Martial can offer. From attacking perspective he has done nothing. That could be a result of his continued deployment as right back. It seems to have drained out a bit of flair he has acquired under LvG.

Wittmann45

He has been solid defensively (especially considering, in contrast, Rooney lost Milner about three times since coming on), but where as once upon a time he offered a threat cutting in from the left, his attacking contribution consists of winning throw ins

NinjaFletch

Has there ever been a more pointless footballer play for us? He runs a lot and puts a shift in, feck it he's even neat and tidy in possession sometimes and doesn't give the ball away needlessly, but you just need so much more.

iKeano

Forgot he was on the pitch for most of the 2nd half.
Fairly ineffective, but standard for Young. Big on effort, low on end product... No match winner by any stretch of the imagination.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
I think some of you are being way too harsh on Young. He's not a player that provides regular moments of brilliance but he was put into the team to do a particular job and he did that well.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Kept the Mane/Clyne partnership out of the game in the first half and forced Klopp to move Mane inside in the second half.

He had a good game, followed instructions well.

caid

Forgot he was on the pitch for most of the 2nd half.
Fairly ineffective, but standard for Young. Big on effort, low on end product... No match winner by any stretch of the imagination.
Think thats harsh, as others have said kept mane and clyne quiet and wasn't it him that put in the cross karius spilled?
He did his job

Devil may care

I hate this defensive winger shit, he did what was asked of him well enough but offered nothing in attack which for me is the primary job of a winger.

Kag

What use is a winger that doesn't create or score goals?

I understand that he had a role to play in the team shape - which he performed admirably - but this is somewhat negated by the fact he's shite going forward.

drdoityourself

Had a good game but his inclusion really suggest tactical, pragmatic approach. He offered nothing going forward but defended really well.

As we saw with Rashford on the right, good attacking players can also put in a defensive shift.
Young offers far to little on the offensive side to warrant a spot in the team.

saivet

Think thats harsh, as others have said kept mane and clyne quiet and wasn't it him that put in the cross karius spilled?
He did his job
Came from the right side I believe, so no.

Personally I find Young frustrating. As many have said, works hards, good defensively but he offers nothing going forward. Understand why he played but I'd like to see us being more ambitious.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
You shouldn't type if you insist of using text speech you idiot.
So much for criticising the post, but I am posting from a mobile device and it's easier, you still understood it and I typically don't, for what it's worth I think you meant 'an' rather than 'of' and forgot your comma, but what would I know I'm am idiot right? :lol:

Acole9

Outstanding
He worked hard for the team today and did well defensively but he didn't offer an awful lot going forward.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Came from the right side I believe, so no.

Personally I find Young frustrating. As many have said, works hards, good defensively but he offers nothing going forward. Understand why he played but I'd like to see us being more ambitious.
Yeah and it was young who put it in.

ReDDHDevilS

Did what he's asked to do from defensive point of view. However, contributed nothing going forward, not even a typical miss hit Young cross!

Bwuk

Probably the best game he's played for us in years.

RB7N

He hasn't startet a game for us since the middle of last season, and has hardly played for us this season, and he performed his defensive duties to perfection. That alone gets him a stamp of approval from me at least.

And it was funny when he realized he was about to get subbed, sprintet to the other side of the pitch, and then proceeded to walk at grandma speed back to the touchline to waste time. Seemed to really wind up a few of the Liverpool players, and that is always a plus in my mind. So all in all, a good performance.

criticalanalysis

He hasn't startet a game for us since the middle of last season, and has hardly played for us this season, and he performed his defensive duties to perfection. That alone gets him a stamp of approval from me at least.

And it was funny when he realized he was about to get subbed, sprintet to the other side of the pitch, and then proceeded to walk at grandma speed back to the touchline to waste time. Seemed to really wind up a few of the Liverpool players, and that is always a plus in my mind. So all in all, a good performance.
Yeah agree with all of that. I'm his biggest critic but he did a very good and professional job considering his lack of game time. Still, hopefully with more game time and less injuries we'll see more of Martial/Miki/Lingard instead.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!

Well said. Im a huge critic of his but he did a really good job defensively and Mourinho looked pleased with him when he came off.

Status
Not open for further replies.