Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

m1y2

After an initial bright first six games for us, Young never started games because he wasn't good enough. When he did play, he'd often run around doing sod all, launching crosses over the back post and out for a goal kick.

Never has mediocrity been accepted by so many people for a player that cost us the best part of £20 million. Nani, who cost less and achieved a hell of a lot more, was torn to shreds for not being consistently fantastic. With Young, it's just kinda' accepted.
Nani cost the same in the frist place, and what he was an succes in the team, really frustrating with his inconsistency surely but what? Young is still here, funny thing is I don't rate the player but defend him before you who really don't like him and that's why you started all this negativity about him...

In every club in the world there are so many palyers who are not up to the standards of the club but they are there because of the contracts or that the managers can find a use in them, also and this is very important, Mourinho is the fourth manager under whom Young plays so it' really not a surprised that he stayed here for way too long as he lacks the quality. Every manager will give his palyers a chance and Young is a hardworker who could do a job and I repeat a plyer liek this who will happily sit out of the match squad but still keeps his head down ready not to disappoint his coach there's few of them out there and can't understand why he played so much... then there are players like Memphis or Rooney or others who shouldn't be here and before this season or the one before it was Valencia who we found a great new role... I am not gonna continue it's pointless at this point with you

Kag

Nani cost the same in the frist place, and what he was an succes in the team, really frustrating with his inconsistency surely but what? Young is still here, funny thing is I don't rate the player but defend him before you who really don't like him and that's why you started all this negativity about him...

In every club in the world there are so many palyers who are not up to the standards of the club but they are there because of the contracts or that the managers can find a use in them, also and this is very important, Mourinho is the fourth manager under whom Young plays so it' really not a surprised that he stayed here for way too long as he lacks the quality. Every manager will give his palyers a chance and Young is a hardworker who could do a job and I repeat a plyer liek this who will happily sit out of the match squad but still keeps his head down ready not to disappoint his coach there's few of them out there and can't understand why he played so much... then there are players like Memphis or Rooney or others who shouldn't be here and before this season or the one before it was Valencia who we found a great new role... I am not gonna continue it's pointless at this point with you
If Young wasn't here he'd be playing under Tony Pulis for a third of the money. I mean, he does try hard, but there's a reason he's been in no rush to leave. The same applies to the likes of Rojo, Darmian and Schweinsteiger, all of whom had no interest in leaving this summer despite the probable lack of football.

You're right I've got no time for Young. He's the first player I'd give the boot given the chance and he brings nothing to the squad that isn't covered (better) by somebody else. But yeah, no worries. We can agree to disagree.

m1y2

If Young wasn't here he'd be playing under Tony Pulis for a third of the money. I mean, he does try hard, but there's a reason he's been in no rush to leave. The same applies to the likes of Rojo, Darmian and Schweinsteiger, all of whom had no interest in leaving this summer despite the probable lack of football.

You're right I've got no time for Young. He's the first player I'd give the boot given the chance and he brings nothing to the squad that isn't covered (better) by somebody else. But yeah, no worries. We can agree to disagree.
well the problem is that I agree with you:lol: just dont like the way you put it and all I said is that I understand the situation that he always manage to stay in the team nothing more in that, I don't rate him any higher than you

facund

He's put in several fantastic balls already today. Not had much defending to do today but as an attacking outlet he pisses all over Darmian at RB or LB.

JezChan

I thought he was poor today, seems too lightweight to be a serious option at fullback. Prefer to see TFM given a chance there.

Sylar

Overall he did well, but it does annoy me that he's still diving.
Yeah, that really annoyed me. Thought his challenge today at 2-0 was unnecessary too. Didnt think he would ever win the ball. Otherwise decent game. But yeah, would have preferred to see TFM play there from the start.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
His dive was no worse than pogbas the other day. He just anticipated the tackle coming and hit the floor.

Yes it's annoying to see but they all do it

Ashley R1+O

He's galaxies better going forward from fullback than Valencia. Important contributions.

Grunge

So far away I get up 4am to just watch Utd on TV
For a player who has seen very little first team opportunities this was a perfect time to get a game. I thought Shaw would get a shot at LD & Jose would keep Valencia at RB for stability but he did the opposite ... maybe Shaw will get a chance against Hull?
All in all a good run-out and if he looked a little rusty its understandable. He won't outworked (much appreciated by Jose) and I'm not sure if it was a dive so much as he was at pace and got a slight touch and lost his balance. Had he not fallen he would have been at the 18 yd box with the ball at his feet. No need to ho down. Course, I've been wrong before :wenger:

Devil81

He's galaxies better going forward from fullback than Valencia. Important contributions.
Really?

Valencia has been one of our best players this season. I like Young and think he can do a job in our squad, he will always get limited game time but he's perfect for the sort of fixtures we've had this weekend.

Ashley R1+O

Really?

Valencia has been one of our best players this season. I like Young and think he can do a job in our squad, he will always get limited game time but he's perfect for the sort of fixtures we've had this weekend.
Yep, Valencia is solid and I appreciate his game but he is diabolical in the final third. I think he's crossing at about 1 in every 4 completed and considering how much time and space he gets with Zlatan up front that is just so poor. Mind you, Young was up against a pretty crap team. He looks way more comfortable in the final third with quick decision making. He doesn't need to grind the move to a halt to work out what he is doing and where he is going. He tends to look up and measure a ball instead of putting his head down and bazooking the ball in anywhere he can, even if nobody is in the box.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Yep, Valencia is solid and I appreciate his game but he is diabolical in the final third. I think he's crossing at about 1 in every 4 completed and considering how much time and space he gets with Zlatan up front that is just so poor. Mind you, Young was up against a pretty crap team. He looks way more comfortable in the final third with quick decision making. He doesn't need to grind the move to a halt to work out what he is doing and where he is going. He tends to look up and measure a ball instead of putting his head down and bazooking the ball in anywhere he can, even if nobody is in the box.
God, if you think Valencia is diabolical in the final third, I dread to think what you make of Darmian.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
With Damian's terrible support, blind's defensive lapses, Rojo being terrible at LB, I think young should at the least get a cup game there.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
With Damian's terrible support, blind's defensive lapses, Rojo being terrible at LB, I think young should at the least get a cup game there.
He should get a go i agree, darmian and blind have had their chances.
I think he could do a good job there and hold down the spot till shaw sorts himself out.

Bwuk

So Jose thinks there's a possibility he might leave?

Would suit us and him. He's on a large wage and never plays in his position, when he does play it's at full back. Let him go and get games somewhere else.

Sylar

If he doesnt go in January, I think hes gone in the summer. He will be 32 by summer anyway.
Guess it depends on Youngs ambition and all whilst heading into the end of his career.

Ixion

Was crazy at 30 we gave him a 3 year contract with an option for a fourth just because he tries hard. He has barely contributed anything since he arrived and has cost us a fortune in wages.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Heard ages ago he was China bound really can't see him in China but you never know

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Tougher for a player like him to go to China. These other sales have all come a long way from their home country to play in England/Europe so going to China is just another gig for them. Young is born and bread in England so he wouldn't have any particular reason to move beyond the PL. Doesn't strike me as the they type.

m1y2

I though for a while he could be a nic back up for a fullback position whether from the right or left but doesn't seem physical enough for Jose, so he should leave, his position in the squad is already in the hands of Lingard/Rashford/TFM

Hojoon

His England career is more or less over so there's more chance of him going to China than someone like Rooney, but he's born in England and has played here his whole life so he might be reluctant to go. At worst, I can see him going to Sunderland considering how creative Moyes is in the transfer market.

Status
Not open for further replies.