Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
I thought he did well. He's barely played this season, but I don't think you could tell that he's had so little football.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Enjoyed how he played today, was good.

criticalanalysis

There was that Lingard interview where he said Young was basically a gym junkie.

He's never been a bulky type of player but I guess the lack of game time, hefty new contract extension and encouraging words from Mourinho has given him the motivation to improve his longevity. Learning from Valencia most probably.

I wished he was sold during LVG's era and was pissed at the extension but gotta give credit where it's due. If he can keep this up, he can remain a squad player with my begrudging blessing.

Janson

Great game, really useful squad player with experience. We really have some depth.

devips

Why don't we give the LB position to Young? He will do better than Darmian there, and will be a potent attacking threat down that side.

m1y2

give him a backup role as LB and RB, just kick darmian out of this team finally!

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Glad he didn't go in January. From what we know, he hasn't moaned once whilst being here (he hasn't gone to the press with it anyway), despite not really being a nailed on first team player except for a few short spells. His wages often get brought up when talking about if he is a good squad player or not, but I don't think that is relevant. It's not our money, and the club can pay its employees whatever they want.

To be able to call in an experienced player with that sort of work rate, who is seemingly happy to be a bit-part player, that is a great asset to have. Solid performance today. Tireless shift, was good with the ball and won a lot of his physical battles. Encouraging to have that at our disposal with the amount of fixtures coming up.

Devil may care

Workrate was good as usual but doesn't do enough on the ball given the amount of it he saw.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
There was that Lingard interview where he said Young was basically a gym junkie.

He's never been a bulky type of player but I guess the lack of game time, hefty new contract extension and encouraging words from Mourinho has given him the motivation to improve his longevity. Learning from Valencia most probably.

I wished he was sold during LVG's era and was pissed at the extension but gotta give credit where it's due. If he can keep this up, he can remain a squad player with my begrudging blessing.
:lol: ok then :lol:

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Been wondering why he has not been used at LB when we need a goal, I think he could be useful there. He was very good today, didn't stop running all game, carried the ball and got a few crosses in too. Great attitude

Sylar

Thought he was our MOTM tbh. I like how he gets good whip on his crosses.

Jaybomb

Honestly can't stand watching him.

Its so depressing watching him do that hunchback dribble down the wing only to hit the first defender with a cross.

He's the James Milner of United. A desperately average player who gets plaudits for being "professional" and "working hard" rather than having any actual standout qualities.

I can't remember the last time Ashley Young did something memorable. Probably that time the bird shit in his mouth.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Repeatedly makes a mockery of the (IMO wildly exaggerated) idea that regular training is completely inadequate to get fit enough to work hard for 90 minutes and nobody can be expected to perform without a run of games under their belt.

Also, did anyone else notice that he was the first (and only?) United player to acknowledge the pitch invading kid. Picked him up and gave him a bear hug. He's a stand up guy, is Ashley.

NoPace

Repeatedly makes a mockery of the (IMO wildly exaggerated) idea that regular training is completely inadequate to get fit enough to work hard for 90 minutes and nobody can be expected to perform without a run of games under their belt.
This never made any goddamn sense to me. There is first team training, youth training and a team of strength and technical coaches at a club. Surely it can't be impossible to simulate a football match in terms of physical effort.

EvilIrwin

Judging by the comments above me he played a decent game so should be in the starting 11 v St Etienne.

If Utd are successful with a top 4 or Europa League win he may convince Mourinho to keep him and use him again as a squad player in the cup games and 2nd half of the season. The guy is absolutely loving being a Utd player even if when he knows he's a squad player and is holding off playing for a midtable club as long as he can. He still has the hunger when called upon aswell as being quite experienced. He may be hated but players like him are crucial during the end of the season in keeping the main players on ice.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Honestly can't stand watching him.

Its so depressing watching him do that hunchback dribble down the wing only to hit the first defender with a cross.

He's the James Milner of United. A desperately average player who gets plaudits for being "professional" and "working hard" rather than having any actual standout qualities.

I can't remember the last time Ashley Young did something memorable. Probably that time the bird shit in his mouth.
I bet you are also in the Valencia crossing into shins camp.

Bwuk

Judging from Joses comments about him, I'd imagine he's more than happy for Young to stay as a squad player, but if he wants to leave for first team football he can.

I'd rather Young than Lingard.

432JuanMata

While I'm not his biggest fan. The 2 games I remember this and Liverpool away he has been good. Surely has to be ahead of Darmain when Tony is given a rest ?

Devil may care

Always the problem with him. I think Valencia is much better at linking up with others players and releasing the ball when he isn't going anywhere worthwhile as well.
It's typical Young, he's industrious and is getting praise for that over proper quality product.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Solid as ever. Only the wilfully obtuse can deny his value as a squad player.

FujiVice

A squad player who when he got an opportunity for first team football took it with both hands. Others should take note. Happy for him.

Giggs86

Had a very good game today.

With that being said, it's a bit shocking that it's 2017 and Ashley Young is still a Manchester United player.

Loublaze

ATLien
Did anyone see Young pick up the kid who invaded the pitch for the celebrations after the second goal? There was a man who did it too. It was kinda touching to see. Look closely you might miss it. Courtesy of @GifLord

Oaencha

He played reasonably well against Blackburn; imo a 7/10 or 7.5/10.

Saying that though he is on ridiculous wages for a player who may play 5-10 games a season. I know it's not my money but surely we have a young player (excuse the pun) who can make a similar contribution for 1/10 of the cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.