Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

izec

Important for the dressing room, the banter and the music. He needs to stay. Another Englishmen gone wouldnt be good. In dont see the point in selling him now anyway

Bojan11

Good guy off the field.

But couldn't really like him on it. The diving around was annoying, but if he had ability then I would not mind it. He only had one trick and that was cut inside to cross.

Special_One

Can fill in literally anyway except CB. Experienced, English, home-grown and well liked. Keep him.

Donut

When I think of Young's career for us I think of the dives and his peaches against Arsenal and Spurs.

All in all I'd say he was an OK signing, but it's best for all parties to cut ties now (or summer).

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
When I think of Young's career for us I think of the dives and his peaches against Arsenal and Spurs.

All in all I'd say he was an OK signing, but it's best for all parties to cut ties now (or summer).
Yeah OK - poor overall, has had some periods of decent form after a horror first couple of years where he was bad as anyone we've signed in recent years.

Still a weird Fergie signing, though.

JohnnyLaw

The last sentence is true
He's our 7th highest earner yet barely of any use to us whatsoever. I know we're drowning in money but a youngster could instantly fill his boots for not even a tenth of his wages, in fact they already are. The fact that this has been going on for as long as it has just blows my mind..

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
You're not serious are you?
No point letting him go now unless we're getting crazy money for him in fairness. I like him at full back, although it's clear Jose isn't of the same opinion. I won't lose sleep over it either way, and he's apparently on high wages.

JohnnyLaw

No point letting him go now unless we're getting crazy money for him in fairness. I like him at full back, although it's clear Jose isn't of the same opinion. I won't lose sleep over it either way, and he's apparently on high wages.
Isn't it reason enough that we're throwing away crazy money every week on this guy while getting nothing back? He's on 110 000£ a week, 7th highest in the squad, and can't get in over a TFM who's on 5000£ a week. If there's any opportunity to sell him we should pounce on it.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Isn't it reason enough that we're throwing away crazy money every week on this guy while getting nothing back? He's on 110 000£ a week, 7th highest in the squad, and can't get in over a TFM who's on 5000£ a week. If there's any opportunity to sell him we should pounce on it.
Well personally I'd keep him and play him over Darmian. I think he offers a lot both on and off the field, but I can see why someone would disagree. Seeing as we're not playing him though, it makes sense to let him go if a good offer has come in. Remains to be seen what that is though.

stepic

He's always been average. Still can't believe LVG was starting him over Di Maria. Sooner he leaves the better.

criticalanalysis

Never warmed to him as a player but can admire his efforts. Thought his contract extension was absolutely crazy as it leaves us in a difficult position if we want him gone. High wages, low profile, minimal game time in a big squad means he's got to accept/force the issue.

I have no problem with squad players but we don't need him as we have other better options.

LouisDanGaal

Have to assume he will leave in the summer if not now? I don't see a position where Mourinho genuinely considers him an option .

LLMU

Should leave in the summer rather than this window as we hv lots of games coming up and we need players in case of injuries and he has become a real utility player to have.

Would be fine with keeping him just in case but equally happy if he decides to leave. He's been a decent squad member during his time here and he's not a Rooney level wage that we need to get rid of, but he's unlikely to get any further games for us.

Robbie Boy

Important for the dressing room, the banter and the music. He needs to stay. Another Englishmen gone wouldnt be good. In dont see the point in selling him now anyway
Should have kept Ando for the banter too eh.....

ti vu

What if some Chinese teams offer "good money" as rumor?

Robbie Boy

I never get that "dressing room" argument tbh. Should have promoted Demetri Mitchell too because the lad is a decent rap songwriter eh...
It was the same argument from some as to why we should keep Anderson; that he's good craic and all that. That should never be a reason to keep a player at a football club.

NinjaFletch

Have to assume he will leave in the summer if not now? I don't see a position where Mourinho genuinely considers him an option .
Did Mourinho even list him as an option when he was saying how much competition Memphis faced?

LouisDanGaal

Did Mourinho even list him as an option when he was saying how much competition Memphis faced?
I don't know, but if he did he was probably just rambling. Its a strange one because he is decent defensively for a wide player and puts in an okay cross, I personally think he offers more than lingard. I feel sorry for him, he reinvented himself under LVG and at times was a key member of the team, will be a shame to see him go.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
Seeing as we are keeping Young I would like to see him get a chance at left back. He has been decent every time he has played right back and was decent when he played as a wing back for Van Gaal. Certainly going forward young can whip some great crosses in cutting back on his right foot so that would be very useful. I also think he has the pace and intelligence to do the defensive job. He can't be much worse than our current left backs anyway who are all pretty poor or out of form.

Sylar

Didnt get him coming on ahead of Lingard either. But seems like hes off in the summer regardless.

Man Utd 3:0 St. Etienne

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Did anyone else notice how his pace has detoriated? That one situation where he got the ball down on the right and tried to run with it, looked like he carried a backpack. He used to be alright in the pace department, not quick or anything but sure as hell quicker than that.

Age catching up with him I guess.

That is what is strange with these players in their 30's you seldom see, they age without you noticing.

Sylar

I think hes gone in the summer but will be used in games like this. In fact wouldnt mind him starting next week.

Blackburn 1:2 Man Utd

Nick.

Has been alright so far against Blackburn in my opinion. Looks a threat down that right hand side to me, put in a couple of decent crosses and giving their fullback some problems. I'm pleasantly surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.