Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Did anyone see Young pick up the kid who invaded the pitch for the celebrations after the second goal? There was a man who did it too. It was kinda touching to see. Look closely you might miss it. Courtesy of @GifLord

That was great. The kid fell on his arse and Youngy picked him up, gave him a hug, then told him to get back intot he stand quickly before he got caught :lol:

Top man is Ashley.

wythyred

He was great yesterday. I would be happy to keep him for a few seasons yet in a squad role he is a good back up and he is clearly passionate about united.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He gave everything yesterday and unlike other fringe players he was playing with his heart

El Zoido

I know he's never been a fan favourite and he likes a dive a bit too much, but you can't fault his attitude. He works hard and does whatever's asked of him. You definitely could not say he's taken his time at the club for granted.

Robbie Boy

Had a good game yesterday, surprised he hasn't been used a-bit more this season. I expect him to go this summer but he is probably better at fullback than Darmian and better out wide than Lingard.

Loublaze

ATLien
That was great. The kid fell on his arse and Youngy picked him up, gave him a hug, then told him to get back intot he stand quickly before he got caught :lol:

Top man is Ashley.
Top man indeed! I saw him in California in the summer of 2015 during the United preseason tour and he always stopped to greet the fans when he got off the team bus or stopped to clutch his United badge (on his shirt). I feel he genuinely loves this club

iHicksy

Would like to see him come on in games over Lingard to be honest.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I think we have become a sentimental breeding ground. Not good enough as a winger, and not good enough as a full back
But he doesnt start games. So as a back up against weaker teams, he's fine. As long as that is his positon, I dont mind him

drdoityourself

Still his crossing letting him down. No worries about him as a defender, strange since he's been a winger that his attacking play is where he doesn't deliver for me.
He has the strange knack on knocking in good looking crosses that almost never find a teammate.

Man-United

He would be my first choice if he was as good as lb as he's at rb. Only seen him as left wing back and he was great there too.

MadMike

Guys, relax. He did well against Blackburn and now doing well in a finished tie against St Etienne.

Let me ask you this question: If Valencia was injured for a couple of months and we were playing City or Chelsea in that time, how would you feel about him going up against Hazard or Sané? Would you feel confident pre-game, or shitting bricks? Yeah, exactly.

I'm pleased for him that he's come back into the fold, as I appreciate his character and attitude. But he's not really a reliable fall back option in the RB position for when it matters. And neither is Darmian to be fair.

We will need a new RB sooner or later to compete with and ultimately replace Valencia. Youngy is not the answer.

rollingstoned1

He's a decent squad option to have for sure. The tie was equivalent to a downhill ski but he still played very well.

the unknown one.

The raven sits ever watchful above my chamber door
Superb performance.

Could perhaps allow Valencia move back to RW in certain games when we want to play with a defensive mindset.

Is not even match fit so hopefully he gets a chance in some of our upcoming games.

Has surprisingly shown a strong defensive reading of the game that the likes of TFM do not have a the moment.

To the poster saying above saying could he deal with Hazard, how many RB's can?

I think he could do well against Sane.

Robbie Boy

Impressed today. Makes me wonder why the feck Darmian has gotten games over him. Would have him ahead of both Lingard and Darmian for their positions. He offers more than both, especially fecking Darmian!

Devil may care

I thought he was better today than agasint Blackburn, defesnively he was composed and took care of any situation on his flank neatly and efficiently.

Grunge

So far away I get up 4am to just watch Utd on TV
He's had more good games for us than bad ones and perhaps Jose now knows his best option when Valencia needs resting.
Hard to fault anything about how he played today or against Blackburn and it's just odd it took Jose to play him having played so well earlier in the season and receiving plaudits from the gaffer. I'm glad he chose not to leave in the winter transfer season and he's showing his value to the squad. A nice reward from Jose for his loyalty and endeavour. Close to my MoM toady.

JoaquinJoaquin

Excellent today. I still find it crazy that people cannot seem to give him credit. He has been the epitomy of a great squad player over the years. And he still has something left in the tank based on his few appearances this season.

Would play him every week over the likes of Darmian and Lingard.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Excellent today. I still find it crazy that people cannot seem to give him credit. He has been the epitomy of a great squad player over the years. And he still has something left in the tank based on his few appearances this season.

Would play him every week over the likes of Darmian and Lingard.
Agree. Rarely lets us down.

Devil81

Would love Young as a utility man again next season, he's totally turned my opinion on him from total dislike to full respect.

Fantastic squad man, fantastic servant and has totally taken in what it is to be a Manchester United player.

Rossa

He's good, but even Young reminds us how much work and effort Valencia actually puts into a match. Young can't holde a candle next to Valencia in terms of work up and down that pitch. His defending is pretty good though, and his positioning surprisingly good. He's quite likable as well.

Bwuk

Since Shaw is clearly out the picture, I'd have Young as first choice back up for left back and right back behind Valencia and Shaw till the end of the season.

Acole9

Outstanding
He did a good job tonight, always reliable for us this season. I can see him being one of the first players to leave in the summer though.

Sylar

With our huge number of games coming up, I could see Jose using him here and there to give Tony a rest. He hasnt done much wrong and deserves the credit for a strong performance.

Fracture90

Was quite good today. With Mikhi out of the picture for Sunday's final, wouldn't surprise me at all to see Mata moving to #10 with Valencia going to RW position.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Is it reallly worth keeping yet another 30ish year old winger as fullback when we already have valencia there? We might as well bring in a top quality young fb

Bwuk

Is it reallly worth keeping yet another 30ish year old winger as fullback when we already have valencia there? We might as well bring in a top quality young fb
No not long term, he'll do till summer.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I properly love Ashley Young. His celebrations and his tweets after the game are all top banana.

MadMike

Should be above Darmian in the pecking order for both right back and left back.
If only we'd known to convert him to full back 5-6 years ago, we would have been saved his abject performances on the wing and would have gained a decent player.

Status
Not open for further replies.