Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Should've been sent off. I wish he was the one who got sent off rather than Pogba, then we wouldn't have to see him in the second leg.

Canagel

He was being protected in the 1st half and it took the injuries and mata to expose him further. How is the joker still playing for us?

Last edited:

Andersonson

Should've been sent off. I wish he was the one who got sent off rather than Pogba, then we wouldn't have to see him in the second leg.
Why should he get sent off? The one vs Di Maria? If so, not a faul.

Young was actually decent tonight, but people still hate him. There were far worse than him tonight

Eddy_JukeZ

If he's our starting RB next season, it's hopeless.

We can't keep mediocrity and expect it to not bite us in the ass.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
That he plays as RB isn't his fault.....he isn't a RB therefore it's normal he makes many defensive mistakes in every game.

But he has played as a fecking winger for many years and his crossing is pathetic!!!!

Fracture90

I don't understand Ole's persistence with Young. He is bad both offensively and defensively, and makes us very vulnerable down the right side. It's no coincidence that great majority of opposition dangerous attacks are coming from the right when he's on the pitch.

Ole should be starting Dalot more and more, and if needed recall TFM as well.

Manny

Grammar Police
He was shite.

Showed his lack of composure and focus with his pulling back of mbappe, shoving Di Maria off the pitch then bundling into the back of him minutes later for cheap brownie points from the crowd.

Bojan11

If he's our starting RB next season, it's hopeless.

We can't keep mediocrity and expect it to not bite us in the ass.
We just signed him, Jones and Smalling to new contracts which shows how clueless the club is.

He doesn’t deserve new contract. The owners and board need to realise that Pep bought four full backs in one season. For me we need two starting full backs. Valencia, Darmian and Young should be binned.

Shaw doesn’t do anything. Robertson for Liverpool adds another dimension to their attack. Shaw isn’t sure what to do.

Rossa

He would be decent as back up at this stage and would probably offer more on the left wing than Sanchez does. Defensively, he is too reliant on speed to get back into position. He is still both fast and agile, so often it works, but quite often it doesn't work. His positioning is my biggest concern with him, and unlike Valencia at his best, he isn't physical enough to make up for it.

Shite yeah, I'm sure he'd have had Di Maria in his pocket. He's only managed 550 senio
Seriously, I think he could do worse, a lot worse and I wouldn't like to see him embarrassed by being thrown in the deep end at this stage.

Can you imagine the reaction here if he played and was torn a new arse by Di Maria, which he more than likely would be?
Ordinarily I'd agree but Ashley Young is just that bad now, I'd rather give Dalot a free pass at making the spot his own until the end of the season.

Eddy_JukeZ

We just signed him, Jones and Smalling to new contracts which shows how clueless the club is.

He doesn’t deserve new contract. The owners and board need to realise that Pep bought four full backs in one season. For me we need two starting full backs. Valencia, Darmian and Young should be binned.

Shaw doesn’t do anything. Robertson for Liverpool adds another dimension to their attack. Shaw isn’t sure what to do.
Fully agree.

Hopefully they're prepared to actually upgrade the defense.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He's good enough to be back up and play in leaser games.

He got embarrassed 2nd half last night.

RG 11

The commentator was confused who was being sent off and I was just praying that it was him and not Pogba because at that point in the game his absense would truly not be missed. :lol:

RG 11

I don't understand Ole's persistence with Young. He is bad both offensively and defensively, and makes us very vulnerable down the right side. It's no coincidence that great majority of opposition dangerous attacks are coming from the right when he's on the pitch.

Ole should be starting Dalot more and more, and if needed recall TFM as well.
The whole right side is a mess. Both Lingard and Mata drift inside leaving him exposed. He's not a natural defender either so him being crap there is sort of expected.

The problem is that the alternatives we have are even worse. Dalot is still very raw and you can see him struggling in many games. No way would he be able to handle the pressure of playing against PSG based on what we've seen. Sadly Ole isn't Fergie who can make Jones / Smalling play as RB and make them look competent.

Fracture90

The whole right side is a mess. Both Lingard and Mata drift inside leaving him exposed. He's not a natural defender either so him being crap there is sort of expected.

The problem is that the alternatives we have are even worse. Dalot is still very raw and you can see him struggling in many games. No way would he be able to handle the pressure of playing against PSG based on what we've seen. Sadly Ole isn't Fergie who can make Jones / Smalling play as RB and make them look competent.
Honestly I'd prefer Ole playing Dalot a lot more which would at least give us some idea on whether he'll come good, rather than constantly playing Young there who's at the end of his career.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
He's good enough to be back up and play in leaser games.

He got embarrassed 2nd half last night.
I'm not a big fan of him but a significant reason why he got embarrassed was because he had a lightweight passenger playing in front of him in the second half. Any full back would get embarrassed if he got no support from the winger against quality opposition.

Sylar

We defo need a RB - right now we have two in betweens with Young (the far end who can do a shift but hasnt the quality needed especially against top notch opposition) and Dalot (who looks exciting but is young and will be caught out and needs to learn)
Its disappointing when Young gets the ball quite a bit and can only deliver one dangerous cross whole match. Second half he did the right thing a few times by trying to release Rashford early but it was for about a five minute period before they scored.

Its even more annoying cos our right side is our weakest side even in attack.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
I think he’s quite shit and has no business playing for us but Ole sold him down the river with the tactics and formation.

Young struggles against any moderately skilful/pacy winger in the PL, yesterday he was up against Di Maria and another wing back in Bernat. No wonder he was toyed by the both.

Robbie Boy

I know around here you have to be seen as diplomatically correct and act like you are happy with his contract extension. However, I find it absolutely farcical that he got himself a new contract as he's clearly past it and not up to it anymore. Don't get me wrong, he's been a good player for us at times but we should have let him go on a free. What's more worrying is that we have 2 RB's with him and Dalot here, so I can't see us investing in one over the summer meaning it's plausible that Young will once again be our first choice RB next season.

AndyJ1985

All we had to do was let his contract run down and we'd have been free of him in a few months, hassle free. But no, some genius thought it'd be a good idea to keep him another year. He's already crap, and is only going to get worse.

Based Adnan

Genuinely think he's going to be first choice RB next season with Dalot as back up. Haven't even been linked by anyone reliable for a RB.

Ban

Was a bit crazy in the first with that foul and all but was really good in the 2nd.

Devil may care

A lot of aimless punts down the line for Marcus to chase but I thought defensively it was his best game in a while.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Early yellow sparked some worries but he was focused to the end almost like Herrera on tackiling.

Irwin99

Was a bit worried with him and Matic on yellows but he did really well.

Another repeat of last season's performance against Mo Salah at OT please :D

haram

When he is given defensive instructions and there are plans for the danger man on his side he looks ok. The same happened with Salah at OT last season. He is a top professional but obviously never a natural defender.

Credit where its due as he's frequently our worst player, but yesterday he was good.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Good game - happy he's staying but only in a squad role hopefully.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I was really pissed at him when he gave away that stupid yellow for the foul on Pedro, but fair play he sorted himself out and played a much better game after that.

Think Herrera being his shadow and Mike Smalling bossing it gave him that extra stability he needed.

settembrini

53.7% passing accuracy last night. Played 13 long balls of which only 2 found a United player.

Thiagoal

53.7% passing accuracy last night. Played 13 long balls of which only 2 found a United player.
To be fair, it was obviously a tactic to get Chelsea playing on the back foot. A lot of the balls also meant we gained ground up the field and relieved pressure. Thought he was immense last night; his pressing and leadership set the tone for the victory

Status
Not open for further replies.