Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He's getting stick because he was the player with most chances to cross and he wasted each and every opportunity with the exception of one in the first half. He just closes his eyes and hopes for the best when receiving the ball on the flank.
He put in two decent ones in the second two, which nobody decided to attack for some reason.

Minimalist

He's a Championship player.

And even a player of that level can cut out a pass and hoof it forward.

Walters_19_MuFc

One thing with Young is that he gives a shit and you can tell that. Worked his socks off and was our leader out there tonight.

Baxter

One thing with Young is that he gives a shit and you can tell that. Worked his socks off and was our leader out there tonight.
Not good enough. You can’t get games in Champions League knockout ties because you work your socks off.

dove

Seriously how shit must Dalot be in training that Young still gets minutes?

Based Adnan

Ah ok so all the misplaced passes and general lack of quality is ok because he tries really hard and shows some leadership?

What leadership did he show anyway? Clapping a bit and talking to the ref?

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Let him choose the fecking pre match music but keep him out of the team next season please next manager!

But he's an attacking full back - he is going to get caught up the pitch by design.

There's a massive difference in someone running off the back of him (which does happen) and him being caught up the field
He was well back for Di Maria's cross though, he just did nothing about it.

el3mel

Every time he got the ball in the back he hoofed it aimlessly upfront under the slightest pressure.

He became quickly their target for attacks and were forcing everything through him easily.

That's what you get giving contracts to players because they're good servants and work hard!

Zlatattack

The only good thing I can write about him is that he tries hard, oh and he's better than Shaw. To be fair though, lying on the sofa, stuffing haribos into my face, every now and then i'd try to kick a ball or head it with vigour - so i did better than Shaw too.

Imagine if Kyle Walker or Trippier or even Hector Bellerin had a chance to run at that PSG defence today.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
You're kidding right? If that's the criteria for captaining Manchester United, we might as well get a lucky fan to play right back every other week.

Patrick08

Every time he got the ball in the back he hoofed it aimlessly upfront under the slightest pressure.

He became quickly their target for attacks and were forcing everything through him easily.

That's what you get giving contracts to players because they're good servants and work hard!
We are poor crossing wise and all our attack came through crosses only as matic was passing it sideways all the time.

lawliet354

Feels like he does this every game, has to be one of the least composed players out there, and definitely the worst United captain I've seen in my life. Can't believe the club gave him an extension, now I've got to watch him shouting to the air for no reason for another year

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Dalots played 14 senior games.

Sure, let's stick him in against Dani Aleves, whose played 760.

Dalots played 14 senior games.

Sure, let's stick him in against Dani Aleves, whose played 760.
Wrong side.

And most goals we concede come down his side so not like Dalot can do any worse and at least he would be learning.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Wrong side.
Shite yeah, I'm sure he'd have had Di Maria in his pocket. He's only managed 550 senior games.

And most goals we concede come down his side so not like Dalot can do any worse and at least he would be learning.
Seriously, I think he could do worse, a lot worse and I wouldn't like to see him embarrassed by being thrown in the deep end at this stage.

Can you imagine the reaction here if he played and was torn a new arse by Di Maria, which he more than likely would be?

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's nothing new, but he was really exposed tonight. His limitations were clear to see and I hope the coaching staff see it too. I hope this is his final season as a starting player, it's about time really.

Habs

Cant explain how much it annoys me seeing him as our captain

Morpheus 7

Targeted all night, a definite weak link at this level. His delivery is way off, not near acceptable for a starter for Man United. Need to address that area in the summer. Trying hard is not good enough. We need much better for a starter.

Litch

Utd with aspirations should be looking beyond Young and yet we give him an extension in his contract....

Leanshig

Cant explain how much it annoys me seeing him as our captain
I remember thinking in 08-09 how much of a joke it was seeing Ronaldo as captain after he begged for a transfer all summer. Seeing Valencia and now Young makes that viewpoint look foolish now.

AndyJ1985

I remember thinking in 08-09 how much of a joke it was seeing Ronaldo as captain after he begged for a transfer all summer. Seeing Valencia and now Young makes that viewpoint look foolish now.
When you look back over the last few decades of some of the great captains we've had, and then look at what we have now, it's a bit sad really. We've declined so much since Fergie left

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Best thing is people actually thinking he should have got sent off for a shoulder barge that happens in 99.9% of games :lol:

SAFMUTD

Incredible most of our right flank attacks end up with him sending a poor cross, you can't question Young's professionalism or dedication, he works his ass off all game. But he is not even close to enough, and the fact that we keep releying on him to do it just shows how much of a poor squad we have.

Irwin99

Say what you want but Dalot would have been just as ineffective tonight looking at the amount of attacks they launched on the right
We seemed, generally, to attack down the right too (ineffectually), I can't remember our left side doing anything of note. Our team can be weirdly lopsided at times. Two new full backs wouldn't go amiss.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I'd rather him than Dalot every day of the week. That said, I'd prefer neither, but we have sod all option.

Welbeckham

People are being hyperbolic. He’s still clearly better than Dalot, who would have been completely crucified by Di Maria and hasn’t been able to create anything offensively. We’ve had three managers who made a terrible, terrible job. It’s not Ashley Young’s fault that we don’t have anyone better. And I honestly don’t understand what he did that was so overwhelmingly terrible. He played a decent first half in my eyes and wasn’t by any means amongst our worst players today.

And he probably is the captain because he’s professional, experienced and vocal. For me the extreme depression with our games stopped with Mourinho and I really don’t understand the excessive negativity towards players that play for us simply because we don’t have anyone better.

We lost but in a world where Jones and McTominay get new contracts, I don’t think Young is the one everyone should be slating.

Our transfer activity has been building us a mid-table squad for more or less 10 years, we’re not gonna transform into a PL or UCL winning side in one summer, so players like Young are still useful while we’re looking for younger and better replacements. For a competitive match we have to choose the best available option, and like it or not, for RB that is Ashley Young.

Negan

Another useless performance.

But he pushed Di Maria into a board so I guess that’s enough for everyone to call him a legend... :rolleyes:

Patrick08

Our board can't even do loan signings to relive him of his duties.

He ain't good as Valencia was defensively a couple of seasons earlier.

Leanshig

And I honestly don’t understand what he did that was so overwhelmingly terrible. He played a decent first half in my eyes and wasn’t by any means amongst our worst players today.
How about his positioning defensively, his inability to pass the ball out defense without booting it or when he did go offensive his inability to cross a ball? He was awful, should've been sent off to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.