Attacking the space (Boss' leaving thread)

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Boss is over in the FF doing an investigation as to why an irritating footballing twat irritates people.

This sensational scientific journey into football analysis concludes with the eerie connection of goals being scored and the allegedly not so random euphoria in the stadia. Stay tuned as Boss exposes the link between the scoring of goals and cheering of fans.

Lance Uppercut

Boss is over in the FF doing an investigation as to why an irritating footballing twat irritates people.

This sensational scientific journey into football analysis concludes with the eerie connection of goals being scored and the allegedly not so random euphoria in the stadia. Stay tuned as Boss exposes the link between the scoring of goals and cheering of fans.
:lol:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

:lol:

Indeed.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I just looked through this thread again for the memories. I chanced on the "Can't live without you" youtube video and pressed play for a soundtrack, then opened a new tab for the preceding page. This gave me the unexpected experience of watching the original "Anderson attacks the space" in slow motion (due to the bandwidth drain from youtube) whilst listening to Mariah Carey singing her heart out "can't liiiiiiiiive". And then a few extra times at normal speed.

It was quite possibly the most beautiful spontaneous moment of my life.

Brophs

The One and Only
Nothing, I just noticed a thread he'd started and that he hasn't logged in for a couple of months.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Pretty sure I'm going against the grain here, and this thread's too long now for me to be arsed trawling through in order to check whether anyone has said something similar, but didn't Boss have a point?

I mean, when Boss said 'why don't more players attack the space', couldn't his point be pretty easily outlined and explained in reference to Rooney and Ronaldo. These two used to do this far more often, yet nowadays they're far more hesitant, whether you want to label that as being 'more mature' or what. Look at Phil Jones...he's a great example. Are people trying to say he's any more skilful or better at dribbling than Ronaldo, for example? He just looks up, sees his opportunity, and twats it straight through. Not too much skill involved there, just a bit of pace, strength and initiative. For any Premiership footballer with a bit of athletic prowess, the only thing that is hindering this is lack of confidence, and it can make a player significantly better just by doing it. Gerrard's another good example to use and all, actually. He's fast, yeah, but he's not that good a dribbler. At his best, he just used to twat it straight through like Jones does now. It made him twice the player.

Basically, you're all Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime, and Boss had a point. Unless this has already been said, or unless this wasn't Boss' original point. In which case, I'm the Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime, and carry on.

StuCol

Chimp
Pretty sure I'm going against the grain here, and this thread's too long now for me to be arsed trawling through in order to check whether anyone has said something similar, but didn't Boss have a point?

I mean, when Boss said 'why don't more players attack the space', couldn't his point be pretty easily outlined and explained in reference to Rooney and Ronaldo. These two used to do this far more often, yet nowadays they're far more hesitant, whether you want to label that as being 'more mature' or what. Look at Phil Jones...he's a great example. Are people trying to say he's any more skilful or better at dribbling than Ronaldo, for example? He just looks up, sees his opportunity, and twats it straight through. Not too much skill involved there, just a bit of pace, strength and initiative. For any Premiership footballer with a bit of athletic prowess, the only thing that is hindering this is lack of confidence, and it can make a player significantly better just by doing it. Gerrard's another good example to use and all, actually. He's fast, yeah, but he's not that good a dribbler. At his best, he just used to twat it straight through like Jones does now. It made him twice the player.

Basically, you're all Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime, and Boss had a point. Unless this has already been said, or unless this wasn't Boss' original point. In which case, I'm the Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime, and carry on.

KingEric7

He, was expecting a great big "you're doing it wrong!" picture, but I suppose that fits. :)

Still...Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime.

KingEric7

Yep, I've just read through those few pages, and you're all massive retards. Poor Boss.

KingEric7

Just saying. He seemed a decent lad, did Boss. Can get a bit classroom-ish on here.

But yes, it is just the internet. I'm aware of that.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Funny that it's always the same people ganging up on someone with an unpopular opinion too, for the sake of their internet ego/persona.. pathetic