Attacking the space (Boss' leaving thread)

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Most arrogant 17 year old I've come across.

ASBOs have more respect than you.

and to think I felt sorry for you when Baldwin was bullying you daily. Stick to brownosing older posters and browsing wiki, staring at stats all day, when's the last time you even sat through a 90 min match? Let me not even ask about playing footy or attending because that ain't you. Stick to talking about players you've never seen, it might fake your way to another e-award.
To be fair to Boss, it was a good post. He saw something, posted it with youtube videos backing his theory. Don't give up Boss. However, I'm surprised by this e-meltdown, you dish out plenty Boss, why go suddenly Sinead O Connor on us?

Boss is talking about attacking the space, and youse idiots have attacked Boss instead.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Right, I have moved the thread.

Personally I've never been Boss' biggest fan, but the lad is harmless and means well. He's just a passionate guy and he's been ridiculed a tad too much lately, I think.
I also think the same thing tbh. He seems a nice person although his tirades with Brwned are tiring(which always seem to be started by Boss) and the "Ronaldo Fanbois" thread he started was just plainly embarrassing.

Mick1991

Boss is a nice guy. People might moan about him but when he's gone you'll have threads wondering where he is etc. Bit of character around (even if it isn't to your tastes) isn't the worst thing.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
To be fair to Boss, it was a good post. He saw something, posted it with youtube videos backing his theory. Don't give up Boss. However, I'm surprised by this e-meltdown, you dish out plenty Boss, why go suddenly Sinead O Connor on us?

Boss is talking about attacking the space, and youse idiots have attacked Boss instead.
It was a really silly post. He started off with some vague idea in his head about midfielders running with the ball and ended up on weird tangents involving basically every good footballer there ever was, using youtube clips to show their revolutionary ability to dribble past defenders into a part of the pitch where there wasn't another defender at the time - aka "attacking the space". Daft as a brush.

No big deal. We all make shit threads from time to time and when you make a shit thread you have to put up with people slagging you/your thread off. C'est la vie. There was really no need to act like such a massive drama queen. Ho hum. He'll be back.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Right, I have moved the thread.

Personally I've never been Boss' biggest fan, but the lad is harmless and means well. He's just a passionate guy and he's been ridiculed a tad too much lately, I think.
The main reason he gets ridiculed IMO is his reactions when people don't agree with him.I honestly think he's a good football poster but sometimes he posts like a girl in love with a boys band member.If someone doesn't agree he tends to get rather dramatic.
We all have days when people will disagree with us and even insult us on this forum but sometimes it's better not to give ammunition to get shot.Whether he's serious or not, I find it pathetic that someone can take things so seriously on an internet forum on such a regular basis

Brophs

The One and Only
I wonder who is going to attack the space that Boss' departure has left?

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
It was a really silly post. He started off with some vague idea in his head about midfielders running with the ball and ended up on weird tangents involving basically every good footballer there ever was, using youtube clips to show their revolutionary ability to dribble past defenders into a part of the pitch where there wasn't another defender at the time - aka "attacking the space". Daft as a brush.

No big deal. We all make shit threads from time to time and when you make a shit thread you have to put up with people slagging you/your thread off. C'est la vie. There was really no need to act like such a massive drama queen. Ho hum. He'll be back.
Hey listen, what do you want me to say? I wanted the guy to feel a bit better. Should I post, the only reason a footballer or anybody for that matter can move somewhere is because they have the space and they attack it? :wenger:

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne

And Lassana Diarra.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
This bit is great:

It’s just brilliant isn’t it? Look how when the gap closes for him in one direction, he darts off in the other, attacking the space the defenders have left, allowing him to even take a couple of touches in a penalty box before scoring fabulous goal. He attacks the space so well.

Zidane was arguably the greatest manipulator of space, it’s why he could beat so many players while being as fast as a grandmother.

Football is always pushing forward, and more teams and players will be finding the quickest route to goal.
Total nonsense but you've got to admire his enthusiasm. The italics on the last clause are a great touch.

Finally got a chance to read the whole thread and you guys are some knobs.

There's nothing wrong with bringing up a facet of football that we already know so well. Boss at least tried to back up his points with examples to show appreciation for the simple, yet effective genius of the move. It may not be revolutionary, or even evolutionary but this is a football forum after all and anything is fair game. All the pointless ridicule makes me ashamed for some of you. You're better that that.

Admittedly in hindsight he maybe shouldn't have started this thread in the first place.

alastair

ignorant

There's nothing wrong with bringing up a facet of football that we already know so well. Boss at least tried to back up his points with examples to show appreciation for the simple, yet effective genius of the move. It may not be revolutionary, or even evolutionary but this is a football forum after all and anything is fair game. All the pointless ridicule makes me ashamed for some of you. You're better that that.
This.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.

Admittedly in hindsight he maybe shouldn't have started this thread in the first place.
The reason Boss got the piss taken out of him was because that's exactly the impression he gave in the OP.

Football is always pushing forward, and more teams and players will be finding the quickest route to goal.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
:lol:

This has to end up in the classics. Kudos to Grinner, Mockney and Adzz for some brilliant posts.

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
Guangzhou Pharmaceutical F.C.
Ah, the internet.

Some arse types a novella-length missive stating the blindingly obvious, gets teased for it, then flips out and leaves.