6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Jefe

Looks fit to me, in fact, if I'd never seen either play before and you asked me which German CM I'd sign from this game it wouldn't be Kroos.
Kroos has been average but has had a very good tournament. Germany have looked far worse with Schweini filling in for Khedira.

dichinero

Tbf, one would have to be a wizard to produce a CM masterclass performance in a game of this magnitude.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
He's a truely awful penalty taker. It's great that he wants to take the crucial ones, but he's really really bad at it. He's a nervous wreck, every time. It was the same in the CL final in 2012. I love him and I thought he played really well today, but he really shouldn't take penalties.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
If you play for United or Arsenal you dont take penalties for the national team EOD.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's a truely awful penalty taker. It's great that he wants to take the crucial ones, but he's really really bad at it. He's a nervous wreck, every time. It was the same in the CL final in 2012. I love him and I thought he played really well today, but he really shouldn't take penalties.
Yeah you could tell on his face he was shitting it. Surprising because with his mentality and the type of person/player he is you would think he would be able to stay calm and slot them home.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Yeah you could tell on his face he was shitting it. Surprising because with his mentality and the type of person/player he is you would think he would be able to stay calm and slot them home.
Beckenbauer was the same, he hated taking penalties and was pretty bad at it. It's a different type of mentality that players need for shootouts.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I think he looked alright. He was slow to get into the game but as the game wore on he seemed to be more comfortable. The penalty was very poor but it'll soon be forgotten

Haddock

Beckenbauer was the same, he hated taking penalties and was pretty bad at it. It's a different type of mentality that players need for shootouts.
That's weird that two of the most German players ever hate it.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Fair rating:

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/european-ch...-and-schweinsteiger-in-euro-2016-win-vs-italy

MF Bastian Schweinsteiger, 7 -- Replaced Khedira after only 15 minutes. Needed time to get into the match, but the German captain was hungry and out to prove he can still go a full match. Lifted his side with his hunger and his determination, taking the pressure off Kroos. Giaccherini escaped his marking for Italy's best chance in the first half. Could have sent his XI into the last four but instead sent the ball into the night like a true Englishman.

Red Stone

Meanwhile, the most unprofessional player in the world is a genius penalty taker. Balotelli, if anyone's wondering.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
His movement wasn't good in the first half. I wouldn't worry too much. We'll see how he is in pre season

izec

Any translation, how bad, how long?
Got a knock on the inside of his knee, they say 'Außenbandzerrung'. Cant say how long he will be out, they need to watch from day to day to see how the progress goes and evaluate the situation. They work on getting him fit. Dont know if he can play in the semis or final.

Doesnt sound severe

itso 7

Again.

I expect his fitness issues are a concern to United. I'm not convinced he's completely safe from any cull.
The man is a winner more than anyone else he epitomizes what our youngsters should aspire to be particularly after the Giggs loss. The manager shouldn't expect fifty games from his battered body but treat him like Fergie handled Scholes in the sunset of his career, pick and choose where he plays and design a special training program for him.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
The man is a winner more than anyone else he epitomizes what our youngsters should aspire to be particularly after the Giggs loss. The manager shouldn't expect fifty games from his battered body but treat him like Fergie handled Scholes in the sunset of his career, pick and choose where he plays and design a special training program for him.
And yet reports were that a number of the squad didn't like him and the way he was treated. Young players are always asked about how the senior players help them and he was never mentioned by any of them. Shaw made a comment on every player in the squad except for Schweinsteiger. He may have been a great leader for Bayern and Germany but it looks pretty evident he isn't this huge figure in our dressing room that some like to believe.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Tbf, one would have to be a wizard to produce a CM masterclass performance in a game of this magnitude.
Very true. The tactical approach of both sides was designed to destroy the opponent's build up and attacking play above all else. Extremely tight spaces, quasi-man-marking, almost no options to pass to.

itso 7

And yet reports were that a number of the squad didn't like him and the way he was treated. Young players are always asked about how the senior players help them and he was never mentioned by any of them. Shaw made a comment on every player in the squad except for Schweinsteiger. He may have been a great leader for Bayern and Germany but it looks pretty evident he isn't this huge figure in our dressing room that some like to believe.
Tbh you are clutching at straws a bit there, he has endured one season where everything went to shit and some of the players didn't cover themselves in the best of lights. These are the same players that turned on Van Gaal because they couldn't handle being told the truth in front of their mates, turned on Moyes because he took their chips... No wonder they prefer an overweight, overpaid, past it, Scholes wannabe to a true winner thats been there and done that.

acnumber9

Tbh you are clutching at straws a bit there, he has endured one season where everything went to shit and some of the players didn't cover themselves in the best of lights. These are the same players that turned on Van Gaal because they couldn't handle being told the truth in front of their mates, turned on Moyes because he took their chips... No wonder they prefer an overweight, overpaid, past it, Scholes wannabe to a true winner thats been there and done that.
Practically all of that last sentence applies to Schweinsteiger.

Devil81

It's a long season and we have the Europa league to contend with, will be worth while keeping him for that.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
We still talk about football.
We are United, Rooney has been there and won everything for United. Trying to say he isn't a 'true winner and hasn't been there and done that' based on England being shite is just absurd. Rooney has won every domestic competition we will play in, he has also won the CL, he has the experience of winning everything we want to win.

izec

We are United, Rooney has been there and won everything for United. Trying to say he isn't a 'true winner and hasn't been there and done that' based on England being shite is just absurd. Rooney has won every domestic competition we will play in, he has also won the CL, he has the experience of winning everything we want to win.
Well Schweinsteiger has done more than Rooney at club and international level. He never said aynthing about Rooney, so his point still is correct, Schweinsteiger has done it more than Rooney. Let it go now

Status
Not open for further replies.