Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I looked it up he started 15

I suppose if we do use him sparingly it will be OK?

But its a concern
That's what I'm hoping.

Would have been a major concern if we hadn't signed Schneiderlin but adding the latter player to our squad means we've the luxury of using BFS a bit like Fergie used Giggs in his latter years.

Of course it remains to be seen what Van Gaal's plans are. Will be interesting to find out.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
*sigh*

In those 30 years of coaching, Neururer had close to 20 jobs as a coach, most of them in the 2nd Bundesliga or sometimes at clubs fighting relegation in the Bundesliga. Only once did he stay at a club for more than 2 years. He loves to talk big and loud, but really has no fecking clue what he's talking about. That's why his biggest achievement as a coach in those 30 years is to qualify for the UEFA Cup playoffs once, which he followed up by failing to reach the group stages and getting relegated in the next season. Which ended his longest spell at a club, 3 and a half seasons.

That was 10 years ago and he kinda vanished back then. I'm still not sure what happened that he all of a sudden gets time on tv shows again now. It's mind-boggling that his opinion seems to be interesting to football fans in Germany. But I guess hating on Guardiola is pretty cool at the moment, so why not join in.

Last edited:

dustfingers

Supports
MMC
*sigh*

In those 30 years of coaching, Neururer had close to 20 jobs as a coach, most of them in the 2nd Bundesliga or sometimes at clubs fighting relegation in the Bundesliga. Only once did he stay at a club for more than 2 years. He loves to talk big and loud, but really has no fecking clue what he's talking about. That's why his biggest achievement as a coach in those 30 years is to qualify for the UEFA Cup playoffs once, which he followed up by failing to reach the group stages and getting relegated in the next season. Which ended his longest spell at a club, 3 and a half seasons.
Oh. It seems that this guy is just trying to be melodramatic by speaking against sale of Bastian to here. Regardless of his saying, could it be possible Guardiola and Beckenbaur are suggesting he has not been able to over come his injury problems past three years to persuade the fans into believing the decision to sell was right?

I know no player is above a club, but he was an icon there and played quite few times at Bayern last season where he was really good even though he missed first few months due to injuries. Its also not as if Bayern has a complete injury free seasons as well, RIbery hasn't been fit for last two years on a consistent basis, Robben was injured a lot this season, Badstuber is rarely fit, even Lahm have had setbacks for past two seasons, Alcantara has a stop-start injury history, Martinez the same. Alaba had a long lay-off as well. Bastian, for me, seemed to be almost as fit as these other players last few years.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
They protest too much. The player wanted to come to England. I think they're out of order questioning his fitness.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Oh. It seems that this guy is just trying to be melodramatic by speaking against sale of Bastian to here. Regardless of his saying, could it be possible Guardiola and Beckenbaur are suggesting he has not been able to over come his injury problems past three years to persuade the fans into believing the decision to sell was right?
People overthink the whole thing and look for a deeper meaning to accuse someone of something. There's nothing right about selling a club legend just because he had a few injuries. No one wanted Schweinsteiger to leave, that's the simple truth. He had a fair contract offer and could have retired at the club if he wanted to. He started almost all games under Guardiola when he was fit enough to start. But he simply wanted to leave and fullfil his dream of playing in England towards the end of his career. We respected that, that's it.

What's so difficult about accepting that he simply wanted a different challenge for a few years? I really don't get that. I went abroad for 3 years in my job and it was a fecking awesome experience, even though it was a difficult decision regarding my life in Germany back then. If I was a pro footballer, I sure as hell would take the opportunity to go abroad, no matter how much I love my boyhood club. It was a respectful decision between club and player, yet all summer long we have to read some nonsensical psychological crap from outsiders who've either done the same (Beckenbauer was only 31 when he left Bayern for New York and then came back and played for fecking Hamburg in the Bundesliga) or have changed clubs all their lives all the time and burned bridges with their clubs by being disrectful cnuts (Matthäus, Effenberg). It's ridiculous.

Oh yeah, and now Peter Neururer shares his insights into the topic. Of course he knows all about how to deal with superstar players at a European top club, just like he knows all about loyality and staying all his career at one club.

dustfingers

Supports
MMC
People overthink the whole thing and look for a deeper meaning to accuse someone of something. There's nothing right about selling a club legend just because he had a few injuries. No one wanted Schweinsteiger to leave, that's the simple truth. He had a fair contract offer and could have retired at the club if he wanted to. He started almost all games under Guardiola when he was fit enough to start. But he simply wanted to leave and fullfil his dream of playing in England towards the end of his career. We respected that, that's it.

What's so difficult about accepting that he simply wanted a different challenge for a few years? I really don't get that. I went abroad for 3 years in my job and it was a fecking awesome experience, even though it was a difficult decision regarding my life in Germany back then. If I was a pro footballer, I sure as hell would take the opportunity to go abroad, no matter how much I love my boyhood club. It was a respectful decision between club and player, yet all summer long we have to read some nonsensical psychological crap from outsiders who've either done the same (Beckenbauer was only 31 when he left Bayern for New York and then came back and played for fecking Hamburg in the Bundesliga) or have changed clubs all their lives all the time and burned bridges with their clubs by being disrectful cnuts (Matthäus, Effenberg). It's ridiculous.

Oh yeah, and now Peter Neururer shares his insights into the topic. Of course he knows all about how to deal with superstar players at a European top club, just like he knows all about loyality and staying all his career at one club.
My point was something along the line of
The player wanted to come to England. I think they're out of order questioning his fitness.
It's the questioning of fitness which is just making it sound like he's crock who the club was happy to get rid of. Your post says that is not true which I think is fair.

izec

Will probably come off the bench today, which i think is great, considering that he isnt fully fit (van Gaal's definition). Cant wait to see him in the PL :drool:

Andy_Cole

@sbates_people: Unconfirmed but chatter in #MUFC camp this morning is Bastian Schweinsteiger could be a surprise starter

izec

@sbates_people: Unconfirmed but chatter in #MUFC camp this morning is Bastian Schweinsteiger could be a surprise starter
would be a real surprise...but cant see it. Schneidelrin and Carrick are fitter, unless someone is injured

Bwuk

I'd love it to see him start, but think it'll be Carrick and Morgan.

Jad

Steve Bates is often bang on with team news but I too would be very surprised to see it.

darioterios

officially confirmed talking crap. Bates has lost the accuracy since the winter transfer

van Persie

A decent debut, always in the right place & good passing. Will only get better.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Our best phase of play came right after he came on. Looking forward to seeing him when we play better and he's fully fit and settled.

Varun

Staff
Needs to get fitter but was an above average performance. Continued our control on the midfield and looks to pass it quick and pass it forward which is great.

Jad

Tremendous.

The thing that impressed me most was that he was happy to come and get the ball even with a couple of players around him, knock it aside and then have it back again. As the BT Sport commentators said, it was like watching the conductor of the orchestra. He makes a massive difference to how we bring the ball out from the back, and hopefully he will get himself fit enough to start alongside one of Schneiderlin and Carrick, who looked solid defensively but perhaps lacked the composure to go and get the ball under pressure.

Someone

Something
I thought he looked good, his passing was sublime, he doesn't need anytime on the ball, reminded me of scholes.

I hope he starts the next game.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He was solid. Looks a little slow but still covers a lot of ground. Always knows where to be, and very vocal for a debutant. But it's no ordinary debutant. It's Bastian fecking Schweinsteiger.

Flamingo Purple

The wrong skeptic
Showed he was in a different league when he came on, weird decision for the yellow card but other than that he didn't put a step wrong. I get the feeling he could boss our midfield for the next 4 years.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
It was quite funny seeing this old slightly unfit bloke come on and boss everyone around. But we seemed to spend the rest of the game getting battered by Spurs so I'm not sure if it was coincidence or I should be worried.

Carrick always looks at his best when he's not on the field for some reason.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
It was quite funny seeing this old slightly unfit bloke come on and boss everyone around. But we seemed to spend the rest of the game getting battered by Spurs so I'm not sure if it was coincidence or I should be worried.

Carrick always looks at his best when he's not on the field for some reason.
I loved that. We need those leadership qualities. Will be better once he gets his fitness up. Sure we didn't buy him to play 90 mins every week, but we do need a personality like him in the dressing room.

Status
Not open for further replies.