6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bugmat

It's not his job though to do the pretty passing though, but he's still been very decent, he's in a new team playing, in a more restricted role. He's been fantastic at breaking up play + adding a bit of steel, his primary role for the team.
He has to learn how to pass better & quicker though (or get into form if he knows how to already). We need more of an Alonso than a Wanyama in his role so the sooner he starts passing quickly & precisely the better. Right now he limits our CM when we have the ball as it stands as he doesnt make many forward passes and elave sit up to Blind, Carrick or Schweinsteiger..

dogwithabone

I thought he played well until the knock took the stuffing out of him. He always seems to be playing the ball forward rather than sideways and I think his inclusion is a real plus. Maybe not quite 100% match fit but he's an imposing presence and one of those players who you think 'yeah we are going to be ok today' when he's in.

LeftyBlaster

I thought he played well until the knock took the stuffing out of him. He always seems to be playing the ball forward rather than sideways and I think his inclusion is a real plus. Maybe not quite 100% match fit but he's an imposing presence and one of those players who you think 'yeah we are going to be ok today' when he's in.
That's exactly how I felt when I saw him play. He was always in control. Like an island of stability. Till the knock, I agree.

Blackwidow

He has to learn how to pass better & quicker though (or get into form if he knows how to already). We need more of an Alonso than a Wanyama in his role so the sooner he starts passing quickly & precisely the better. Right now he limits our CM when we have the ball as it stands as he doesnt make many forward passes and elave sit up to Blind, Carrick or Schweinsteiger..
No...
He does not know how to pass good and quick...

Blackwidow

I speak under correction BW, but he might be talking about Schneiderlin. Not Bastian. We all know or should know what a good passer Bastian is.
Sorry... Just read the sentences and thought he meant Schweinsteiger... and thought - hmmmmm. Where did he think he comes from...

criticalanalysis

His influence on the team's passing is very evident here. Look at his average position when on the ball AND off it; specifically the amount of time he was around the penalty box/left touchline area.

He played a lot of balls forward and always tried to look for that more progressive pass. Carrick came on, played good and added that urgency but his natural instinct, game and his mobility means he is always sat in the centre circle. He doesn't press because he lacks the athleticism and he doesn't dribble/move forward with the ball because he's happy to sweep things up. Unfortunately for us, that also means he's rarely an outlet for those passing triangles further up the pitch and he rarely ever moves with the ball. He's so relient and comfortable just passing to feet that he's forgotten he can advance several yards of unobstructed space himself.

Schweinsteiger will sit deep if the game calls for him but his natural tendancy is to move the ball forward and create situations for attacking play. He and Carrick, will never last as a 2 man midfield but if Schweinsteiger is fit, he should start any day of the week.

criticalanalysis

^Hope LVG comes to his senses. A 3 man midfield would probably be asking too much. Just having Herrera as one of the two would be gold already. Imo he would work well with ANY of the other 3.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

His influence on the team's passing is very evident here. Look at his average position when on the ball AND off it; specifically the amount of time he was around the penalty box/left touchline area.

He played a lot of balls forward and always tried to look for that more progressive pass. Carrick came on, played good and added that urgency but his natural instinct, game and his mobility means he is always sat in the centre circle. He doesn't press because he lacks the athleticism and he doesn't dribble/move forward with the ball because he's happy to sweep things up. Unfortunately for us, that also means he's rarely an outlet for those passing triangles further up the pitch and he rarely ever moves with the ball. He's so relient and comfortable just passing to feet that he's forgotten he can advance several yards of unobstructed space himself.

Schweinsteiger will sit deep if the game calls for him but his natural tendancy is to move the ball forward and create situations for attacking play. He and Carrick, will never last as a 2 man midfield but if Schweinsteiger is fit, he should start any day of the week.
Its amazing how little off the ball movement and how slow United are compared to Bayern V City video.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's great. Would love to see him and Herrera start ahead of Schneiderlin/Carrick one game with no number 10.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Superb ball to Herrera for the 4th goal, exactly what we need from him.

Cantona'sCollar

Excellent ball for Herrera, not sure what he was thinking with that last counter-attack, though. He's great to watch - Brugge are terrified of him.

jeff_goldblum

Schweinsteiger coming on has been more key to our second half performance than Herrera's resurgence IMO. Aside from that shanked ball to the wing he's not put a foot wrong, and what an assist

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
You can just tell he's a fantastic footballer. Itching to see him fully fit and against the bigger teams.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Genuinely think a fully fit Schweinsteiger would be the best player in the league.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Should be a starter now, going forward I'd love to see a midfield 3 of the BS and MS with Ander in an advanced role.

m1y2

I was screaming for that pass being played once I've seen Herrera started his run. And yeah great pass under pressure too, we should be doing this more often..

Devil may care

Yes, the pass was quality, but what he really added was control, once he came on Brugge getting through on our goal ceased.

Status
Not open for further replies.