Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
glad to see so many people happy with his performance. It is one of those phenomena that make football such an interesting sport: Obviously a player can be good/fit/fast enough to wipe the floor wih the likes of Real, City, Barca or BVB, even with the brazilian or argentinian team, but stil be too slow/fat for the mighty Watford or Crystal Palace. Of course, he is only worth 66% of Dante, so there's always that.

Lyricist

Minimalist

And it's time to realize that he'll be at this level for 3-4 seasons easily, top class midfielders have very good longevity and I can't see him going poor before 34-35 at all. When you look at the likes of Xavi and Pirlo they were still great at 35 and Scholes was very good even at 37-38.
Couldn't agree more. Scholes was his age in 2006 (I believe?) and look at what he did beyond that.

Schweinsteiger will be great until 34/35 easily.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It has to be noted, though, that schwiensteigher isn't that level of playmaker as Scholes and Pirlo were. He's more well rounded and all action and those midfielders possibly have a lower shelf life. He's been better and more classy than Vidal but just to use an example, I'd expect Vidal to not last as long as busquets at the highest level.

Then again, given that he's not one dimensional and has always been classy on the ball too, he may as well do it.

Minimalist

It has to be noted, though, that schwiensteigher isn't that level of playmaker as Scholes and Pirlo were. He's more well rounded and all action and those midfielders possibly have a lower shelf life. He's been better and more classy than Vidal but just to use an example, I'd expect Vidal to not last as long as busquets at the highest level.

Then again, given that he's not one dimensional and has always been classy on the ball too, he may as well do it.
I do know what you mean but even when he was plodding around against Liverpool his composure and passing was excellent. I can't remember which Liverpool players they were but a couple of them got made to look like fools in the second half at times and he wasn't even displaying much 'trickery' when doing so. Even without the 'all-action' tackles and drives with the ball, he still brings a hell of a lot to the table for me.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I do know what you mean but even when he was plodding around against Liverpool his composure and passing was excellent. Even without the 'all-action' tackles and drives with the ball, he still brings a hell of a lot to the table for me.
Yeah that's why I added the last bit.

He is complete. Neither an absolute playmaking genius nor largely about tackling, tenacity and running, but somewhere in between.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

He was able to convert from wing to central midfield when he was younger and less experienced, with his passing range he will have absolutely no trouble adapting his game to perform a different role to the one he had at Bayern.

Blackwidow

Did they all wait in the tunnel since he was ready getting his hair in shape - and then he passed them and went on the pitch first? :cool: (I do not know him like this. At Bayern or the national team they always have to wait in the tunnel until he arrives but they never let him pass to go on the pitch first...)

No. Schweinsteiger is not really a playmaker. I always like to descripe him as the complete midfield allrounder. There are better players in passing, tackling, build-up, attacking or defending, more pressing resistant players, players with better heading abilities... But he has from everything enough. What I like about him is that he can speed up a match when needed - and slow it down when the team is nervous.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
I thought he was our best player tonight. Picked out a couple of sublime balls that we should have converted into goals.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I wish he would stay central and build up our play on a regular basis. Team should play more to his strengths as well

FromTheBench

His defensive screening is not good as Carricks to play the sole DM.

Also tires out towards the end of each half. Anyone else noticed that ?

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Initially I was quite critical of his performance but I missed the Mata chance he created. It hasn't quite worked out as well for him as he probably thought. Be good to see him play more regularly though.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Was good but looked on his own at times. Just cannot understand why Schneiderlin or Carrick didn't get a look in.

kundalini

Apart from his superb pass to Mata, I thought he was ordinary, with some very poor passes and one careless moment that gave them a chance on the counter-attack which I think De Gea saved or it went wide, can't remember.

nevillestache

Really seemed to be lacking support around him, especially noticeable when he took an eternity to pick a pass around the halfway line.

I don't think the partnership with Herrera is going to work.

Spielmacher

Apart from his superb pass to Mata, I thought he was ordinary, with some very poor passes and one careless moment that gave them a chance on the counter-attack which I think De Gea saved or it went wide, can't remember.
Pretty sure you mean Mata there. And Schweinsteiger was nowhere near ordinary.

Spielmacher

Really seemed to be lacking support around him, especially noticeable when he took an eternity to pick a pass around the halfway line.

I don't think the partnership with Herrera is going to work.
It's our most attacking partnership, so I hope to see more of it, doesn't work, when the #10 to link up with is utter terrible though.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
He was good, controlled the game, would like to see Schneiderlin paired up with him so he has more freedom to go forward, he's great at picking out passes behind the opo defence and is capable of scoring too.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
The problem yesterday was, as he was dictating the game, and screening, he wasn't available to drive the game forward too, which Herrera couldn't manage.

I was shocked we didn't play Schneiderlin with him, of course Carrick needed the break.

Loublaze

ATLien
There's a point in the game when Martial pressured the PSV keeper into a rushed low clearance and it went right to him. The keeper was way out of his goal and I thought he'd try and score from distance but he didn't.

Shurou

There's a point in the game when Martial pressured the PSV keeper into a rushed low clearance and it went right to him. The keeper was way out of his goal and I thought he'd try and score from distance but he didn't.
I remember that chance. I could understand if he didn't want to risk it because there were two or three players getting into position. Risk is not something that's allowed in LvG's system unless you're one of the front four, after all.

Varun

Staff
I remember that chance. I could understand if he didn't want to risk it because there were two or three players getting into position. Risk is not something that's allowed in LvG's system unless you're one of the front four, after all.
:lol:

Love how each and every thing gets twisted to somehow blame van Gaal and his system.

Status
Not open for further replies.