Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
He plays it too safe for my liking. Carrick's not been in good form this season but even in less game time he's played more penetrative passes. Schweinsteiger controls the game brilliantly but I think we should be asking more of him.

This!

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
I don't think he can be expected to start 2 games a week. I understand why LvG wants him to. But rather than looking stronger for having built up match fitness, it just looks like he's being run into the ground.

Oo0AahCantona

He's not the only player we've criticised by and large for a lack of balls, so to speak offensively, its clearly a tactical instruction being given to the squad as a whole by the coaching staff.

Safe possession is the defining theme of this united team we are watching grow, for a better or for worse its here to stay until we improve our offensive options to add that fluidity that other top possession sides have in their arsenal.

I think a year down the line, with another top winger and striker in the squad, and another year of learning the tactical approach I think we will see a more offensive United.

suheilsworld

Some of the comments on the last couple of pages have been slightly harsh on him. I too agree to a certain extent that he does not shoot for us but that has been the case for most of our midfielders this season. No one is ready to take a shot from outside the box except Memphis. (And when Memphis does and misses, half the people here moan!!)
But I think he was bought for a purpose and that was to control the game and ensure possession remains with us. That is what LVG demands. So far he has excelled in that requirement. And it has only been 3 months, the whole season is left and I am sure he will grow in to the role. Keep in mind he has just come into full fitness in the last one month as far as I remember. I believe goals will come.

Ekeke

Ander takes shots, and personally I think some of our best stuff so far has been with the Ander and Schneiderlin partnership I wanted in the summer. A partnership that is far more direct. I appreciate why Schweinsteiger is in there, but I don't think he's been very successful at doing the things hes in there for. 86% pass completion so far this season sounds seriously short of what you'd expect from him when you see him looking for the sideways pass so very often. I'm not sure he's passed the ball any better than Carrick, who has been below par himself.

Kag

Schweinsteiger isn't in the side because he's a better passer than Carrick.

Plus there's a tendency on the Caf to assess quality of passing based on its length, height and prettiness. It's why people will double check when it's claimed Fellaini is a good passer even though his ability to pass the ball forward into feet with accuracy is just as good as any other player in the squad.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

He has been fine, came here to take the pressure of Carrick, now we have two players who can dictate play which is great.

He is on the decline though, we need to find a young player to take over the reigns.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Can't be bothered looking through these threads - can someone quickly explain, why do posters call him BFS? What does it stand for?

Aussie_Red_Devil

Just picked a BFS jersey in Istanbul for 60 lira. If you look at it close u can clearly see its fake but i don't really give a feck haha. Dude tried to sell me a Rooney one also. No chance

kundalini

I've been underwhelmed so far. He's obviously a good player but 0-0 score-lines don't really help us and Schweinsteiger's control of the game could easily be described as letting it drift.

Man Utd 1:0 Moscow

dirkey

Think he had a very poor first half. Misplaced a few passes, got on the ball quite a bit but just slows things down too much in my opinion.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
[QUOTE="Kraftwerker, post: 18351059, member: 36088"]Been poor recently but thought he did very well tonight.

Him and Carrick were both very good.[/QUOTE]

I don't think so I think he's been one of our best players so far this season

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Ran himself into the ground. Immense work rate. Reminded me of his performance in the WC final.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
thought his performance was a bit flat last night. However, it looks to me that his instruction is to hang back and control the midfield with Carrick being invited to do the playmaking.

kotha

Joachim Löw said he's going to rest him during the international friendlies due to not having a Winter break in the Premier League. He's also going to rest Ozil and Kroos.

Good man.
Very sensible by Low!! Hopefully Basti will take a much needed break..

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
He is turning into our new 6/10 player

Does little wrong but doesn't exactly help in attacking situations

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
50 from 58 passes. 86.2% completion.

Almost every pass in and around the box failed. Whether delivered high and thus feeding the static WBA defence to head away or delivered low. Conclusion - there hasn't been enough movement so far from the players around him to criticise Schweini yet. Others need to step up and work harder for space to have a ball played into.

MDFC Manager

He's a fecking tank - slow to move and get started, but an absolute beast in midfield duels

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I thought he did well today, was working all over the pitch and actually moved forward more often than in previous games.

LazyRed-Ninja

Dutchman, who could have chosen any tagline.
He is turning into our new 6/10 player

Does little wrong but doesn't exactly help in attacking situations
His role is primarily stability in midfield rather then attacking the lines. Yes that means playing that safe ball first before that risky pass and inviting the opponent to run through the middle.

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
Keep waiting for him to play like the player I thought he would. Isn't happening for whatever reason. Needless to say that he has played a lot of minutes now.

Dissapointing really, reminds me a little of how Ballack flattered to decieve after the hype of signing for Chelsea.

Lets hope he picks up that old form sometime.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
His role is primarily stability in midfield rather then attacking the lines. Yes that means playing that safe ball first before that risky pass and inviting the opponent to run through the middle.
I should have a go at players more often

He was immense in that 2nd half

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Fantastic in the 2nd. Thankfully he's just as good at bossing midfield duels as he is getting into shooting positions and not shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.