Bastian Schweinsteiger | Signed for MUFC - confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Rob Draper ✔@draper_rob
Schweinsteiger for #MUFC makes sense. Was high on LVG list last yr. FCBayern said no then but now more receptive
Would take him. Thoughts @Balu ?

Discuss...

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Low fee since only has a year left on his contract, do it! At the very least he adds experience to midfield, and we won't be up the shitter if Carrick is out.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yeah, if he's cheap, I'd be more than happy. However, it is a bit like replacing Carrick with a slightly younger, just as injury prone player.

lifted

Would be a great signing, if the fee is low. He'd provide vital experience and leadership in midfield - particularly when Carrick is inevitably sidelined.

devil in me

He's been my dream signing for about ten years. Would love him here just for that, even if he has declined a bit. His performance in the world cup final last year shows he's still got it in him.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Guys I think I'll add experience to your team on the field and the dressing room.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
If he can stay fit for a change, he's still awesome. I hope he stays, would miss him so much :(.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Would take him. Thoughts @Balu ?

Discuss...
He's 30, and not the force he once was, plus injury prone. He will need game time, though, and I can't see Carrick being dropped. Will he play second fiddle?

If we shift to the 3-5-2 again, he could be a regular starter, and add steel to the midfield.
--------------------------------------------Valdes----------------------------------------- : Lindegaard/Cech
-----------------Otamendi------------Smalling-------------Rojo-------------------- : Jones/McNair/Evans/Shaw
--------------------------------Carrick-----------Schweini----------------------------- : Blind/Herrera/Fellaini
---Valencia-----------------------------Mata---------------------------Depay-------- : Young/Januzaj/Shaw
-------------------------------Rooney----------Di Maria------------------------------- : RvP/Wilson

:drool::drool:

anchan1989

He is a Bayern legend. The Fussballgott(football god).
And I still trust his body. He will be back at 100 %.

BUT he has done everything with us and if he wants another experience I would understand that. United is, besides all the current problems, one of the top 7 clubs around.
PL days with him playing in Old Trafford? A nice idea.
IF we buy another midfielder I see him go.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Would love to see him here if it wasn't for the injuries, it would be a gamble, but at the right price why not?

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
He is a Bayern legend. The Fussballgott(football god).
And I still trust his body. He will be back at 100 %.
Relationship him - fanbase is one thing, relationship him - Pep or him - management may be a different matter. Private person Schweinsteiger is quite a bit different from his public persona. I hope he won't, but i wouldn't be very surprised if he saw out his career somewhere else.

Ole90+3

Since converted to a midfielder, this is the guy I've always wanted to see in a United shirt. Just pure class. Would still take him as long as he is around £10mish, not like it should matter to us fans what players cost.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Since our game relies totally on the collective dynamic he would be a great purchase, a midfield three made of Herrera-Schweinsteiger-Carrick would be very good.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Relationship him - fanbase is one thing, relationship him - Pep or him - management may be a different matter. Private person Schweinsteiger is quite a bit different from his public persona. I hope he won't, but i wouldn't be very surprised if he saw out his career somewhere else.
Interesting, what are the differences between his two persona ?

Kag

He'd be a phenomenal signing. Getting on a little but he would instantly improve the first team, as well as positively influence the whole dynamic of the group. We need more leaders across the squad and he's certainly that.

Mainoldo

30- nice stop gap then!!! Could get 3 years out of him whilst Herrara develops. Would have to play Carrick's role though as I can't see him on the left.

settembrini

Would have been a beast of a signing back in the day.

Now he's soon to turn 31 and is missing more and more games, Bayern would be smart to get rid and we would be dumb to buy.

Mister Ed

Would have been a beast of a signing back in the day.

Now he's soon to turn 31 and is missing more and more games, Bayern would be smart to get rid and we would be dumb to buy.
Don't know depends on the fee I guess and on how bad his physical situation is. If he is as unavailable as Carrick has been lately it be a very stupid move indeed (regardless of the fee)

izec

Would love him here, hopefully we can buy him. Fee shouldnt be too much, Bayern wouldnt want to stand in his way. Understands the philosophy too.

stepic

He's 30, and not the force he once was, plus injury prone. He will need game time, though, and I can't see Carrick being dropped. Will he play second fiddle?

If we shift to the 3-5-2 again, he could be a regular starter, and add steel to the midfield.
--------------------------------------------Valdes----------------------------------------- : Lindegaard/Cech
-----------------Otamendi------------Smalling-------------Rojo-------------------- : Jones/McNair/Evans/Shaw
--------------------------------Carrick-----------Schweini----------------------------- : Blind/Herrera/Fellaini
---Valencia-----------------------------Mata---------------------------Depay-------- : Young/Januzaj/Shaw
-------------------------------Rooney----------Di Maria------------------------------- : RvP/Wilson

no, just no.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Would be an upgrade on Carrick in terms of quality but maybe not in terms of fitness. Still, as long as we weren't relying on him to be fit all the time then what harm? The likes of Pirlo and Alonso have made moves late in their career so why not Schweinsteiger, I guess.

Truedevil

Sorry but that looks horrible.

stepic

yeah, i'd definitely take him. him and Carrick could split the role all season. at their ages and with their injuries, neither would expect to hold the spot all season anyway. just as long as they both don't get injured at the same time.

i'd hope he would be in addition to a Gundogan/Vidal/Pogba type, though.

stu_1992

For a decent price it would be a very good signing. We aren't as desperate as we once were in midfield, so we wouldn't need him to come in and be the saviour of the midfield, rather another quality option. Therefore the age and recent injury record becomes less of a concern as far as I'm concerned.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Getting him would be a huge step in terms of winning the title/champions league in the next few years before Van Gaal retires, very much short term though. Would give us a lot more quality and depth in midfield, and if he stayed fit it'd be brilliant. A best 11 like this is just great all around, if we sign Carvajal and otamendi of course.

Depay Rooney Mata/Di Maria
Schweiny Herrera
Carrick
Shaw Otamendi Smalling Carvajal
De Gea​

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
If he's cheap, sure. Would've been amazing a season or two ago though.

Status
Not open for further replies.