g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Bastian Schweinsteiger | Signed for MUFC - confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LitterBug

No-one likes (a) litterbug
He has a year left on his contract and according to the Bayern supporters on this website the board were content to give him his wish of leaving after all his service for the club

Also they let Kroos go for £20m and I'm sure they thought he was still good
Kroos is 25, Shcweini will be 31 next month.

He played the full 90 minutes only 15 times last season. Do you want to be substituting a knackered midfielder when you're holding on to a lead or trust him to do his job well when you're chasing the game?

He's definitely past it and Bayern are having us again. I hope I'm proved wrong but somehow I don't think I will be.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He's a club legend who has given them over a decade of great service. The board is full of ex-players who are probably more understanding than business men I would imagine
While I’m delighted that we’re getting him, I do think it’s a bit naïve that they’re just being nice to him because of his service. If they’re letting him go, I do think it suggests that they feel he’s past his very best, but of course I also think that there’s still a lot he can potentially offer for us, and with the deal that’s being offered I think it’s a wise purchase for us to make.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Glass half empty kind of guy ey?
Nope, just trying to keep perspective. A lot of people were excited for Falcao (not that I'm comparing Schweinsteiger to him injury wise), di Maria etc., so I'm gonna be cautious.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Nope, just trying to keep perspective. A lot of people were excited for Falcao (not that I'm comparing Schweinsteiger to him injury wise), di Maria etc., so I'm gonna be cautious.
I agree with you, it's not all 100% positive like some on here will have you believe. The same lot were jumping down my throat last year when I voiced my concerns with Di Maria.

But he's a world class midfielder at the end of the day. If he can sort his injury issues out, he'll be one heck of a buy, even though we're paying over the odds for a 31 year old with one year left on his contract.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Glass half empty kind of guy ey?
Wade3: The glass is old and frail, it'll shatter if you try and pick it up. Why else would the glass not be filled with delicious chocolate milkshake? You're wasting time trying to pour anything into it. 0/10 would not bang.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
It feels like it is a few years too late, this one. Bastian seems like he has been around forever at a high level, but he will be 31 in August. If we wanted to sign a replacement/competition for Carrick and Blind, I would have expected it to be a younger player who can take over from him/them in a year or two and give us their peak years.

Seems like a luxury signing that we dont really need (if we get Schneiderlin). Good player, but not really what we need. A few years ago I was begging for him, but not now.

I genuinely have a fear that he could go the way of Di Maria and Falcao.

Glory Glory Denis Irwin

Glory Glory Denis Irwin
While I’m delighted that we’re getting him, I do think it’s a bit naïve that they’re just being nice to him because of his service. If they’re letting him go, I do think it suggests that they feel he’s past his very best, but of course I also think that there’s still a lot he can potentially offer for us, and with the deal that’s being offered I think it’s a wise purchase for us to make.
Bayern have Alonso, Thiago, Javi Martinez, Lahm, Alaba, Rode along with Schweini. Just because they're blessed with midfield talent doesn't mean he is a bad player.

hbgreg

Wade3: The glass is old and frail, it'll shatter if you try and pick it up. Why else would the glass not be filled with delicious chocolate milkshake? You're wasting time trying to pour anything into it. 0/10 would not bang.
Wade3: This glass has some of the most delicious milk that you could ever drink, but in a few days it will go rotten. You shouldn't buy this glass and enjoy it's splendorous milk at a reduced price, that's stupid.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Maybe it'd be a bit harsh banning you but your opinions are ridiculus.
What's ridiculous? That I don't buy into the hype right away? I said I'm not happy, but I'd let the season do the talking, meaning I can easily be proven wrong. Given his injury history in the past couple of years, his mileage and the fact that Bayern is so willingly letting him go, I'm being cautious, that's all.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
Next the Bayern push for DiMaria.

I guess €55M transfer fee.

FromTheBench

People being too harsh on @Wade3 tbh.

I mean the timing maybe not the best as some may not wanna see perspective in the hype(Was the same case last summer when some including me questioned the Di Maria fee), but he hasn't made outlandish points.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Ach @Wade3 does have a point. He's a little too negative for my personal liking but then again we are all going a bit over the top and being overly positive, so maybe we're all a bit too one sided.

Having said all of that; BASTIAN feckING SCHWEINSTEIGER!!!!!11!!1'!!

berbasloth4

Schweinstegier coming is perfect.. yes he is 30, but between himself and carrick we have vital experience.. he is also still one of the best midfielders in the world..

It is also a great sign that we are signing a guy who is close to being mr. Bayern munich.. its a great signal of intent.

Macern

Pee pee pants
What's ridiculous? That I don't buy into the hype right away? I said I'm not happy, but I'd let the season do the talking, meaning I can easily be proven wrong. Given his injury history in the past couple of years, his mileage and the fact that Bayern is so willingly letting him go, I'm being cautious, that's all.
It's obviously not certain that he'll be a huge success, but he's only 30, doesn't rely on his physical abilities which means that he could perform at top level for at least 3 more seasons, and he has played a decent amount of games lately. You're being overly negative.

LitterBug

Again, what should I be banned for?
There will be no reason or facts in this thread. This is muppet heaven! Who are you to go against it all...

I imagine for some the Schweini transfer is going to be like that advert where this boy does this superfit girl bareback and in the end it says she is HIV positive and now so are you!

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Bayern have Alonso, Thiago, Javi Martinez, Lahm, Alaba, Rode along with Schweini. Just because they're blessed with midfield talent doesn't mean he is a bad player.
I think so too. He probably isn't going to be an important player for them going forward, but that doesn't mean he couldn't be for us. People are going on like things happen in a vacuum and there's no context.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Of course not. I agree he’s still a very good player, and I think he’ll be incredibly useful for us. But I don’t think the fact that Bayern are willing to sell him suggests that he could be past his very best potentially.

berbasloth4

And there is no reason for wade to be banned.. everyones entitled to an opinion.. lets hope wade is proved wrong

Steven Seagull

You keep repeating this but it's not the case. If he wanted a new contract they'd offer him one tomorrow.

LitterBug

It's obviously not certain that he'll be a huge success, but he's only 30, doesn't rely on his physical abilities which means that he could perform at top level for at least 3 more seasons, and he has played a decent amount of games lately. You're being overly negative.
1. He's 31 next month
2. A CM's fitness is key
3. Played 90 minutes only 15 times last season

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
It's risky

But becoming a typical post Fergie type of thing, big name and the muppets will be creaming themselves.

Hope it works out because it could turn out great...hopefully

Roman Bellic

Prick
We now have a German,an Italian,2 and a half spaniards and a dutch player - I'm definitely going to be rejoicing next summer when one of our players wins Euro 2016 with his country.

MkPaul

learnt from the best
What a signing Schweinsteiger would be.

The transfer fee is pennies to us.
The wages are pennies when you consider how much we are freeing up with departures such as RvP/Falcao/Nani.

The money side of it means nothing to me and it shouldn't to you. Spending that kind of money on him will not stop us signing other players, we have plenty of dosh.
The only worry for me is his injury record and age. If he signs, hopefully he adapts to the PL quickly and stays injury free. If that's the case, we'll be laughing.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Ach @Wade3 does have a point. He's a little too negative for my personal liking but then again we are all going a bit over the top and being overly positive, so maybe we're all a bit too one sided.

Having said all of that; BASTIAN feckING SCHWEINSTEIGER!!!!!11!!1'!!
He made the fatal mistake. He didn't embrace the muppetry.

Status
Not open for further replies.