Bastian Schweinsteiger | Signed for MUFC - confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iBoss

i-ttack the space
Illuminati headquarters, chillin' with Jay Z.
Personally one of the things that always attracted me to United was the fact that we didnt just splurge stupid amount of money on players either in or past their peak. Last summer people were making the exact same noises about Falcao and that didnt turn out so well - and Di Maria hasnt fared much better. But hey, as one person said - "Its Bastian fecking Schweinsteiger!", by that logic we should be snapping up Zidane pretty soon.

The very fact that people (not many, and I realise it isnt serious) are calling @Wade3 s opinions ridiculous and jokingly suggesting to ban him shows how far we have fallen in my opinion. The transfer forum has always been a haven for muppets, but its getting worse by the year.
This is a very shit post.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
A great signing , a very experienced and sacrificed player, maybe a bit expensive for his age but I guess that now that euro is so bad will seem a bargain. I think that a player with his experience and hierarchy is not coming to be a substitute, in what position do you imagine him?

Ballache

Supports
Martial
I'm pretty calm and know I'm not gonna get banned, but I'm just curious what upsets you so much about my posts. I didn't come in here and say Schweinsteiger is a piece of trash and wouldn't even be a regular for Reading. I rate him, but following the Bundesliga, I also know to be cautious and I surely know that Bayern rarely ever does bad business, so there must be a reason they're just letting go of him. Yes, they obviously have other, younger options, but obviously not many that are as good as him, plus some of their other options are injury prone as well. On top of that, he's a club legend, so why would they just let him go like that? They're not Real Madrid.
Honestly, I didn't even read what you posted. It was a joke, if this is what you think then fair enough! I hope he proves you wrong which i'm sure you wouldn't mind.

bri2013

What's ridiculous? That I don't buy into the hype right away? I said I'm not happy, but I'd let the season do the talking, meaning I can easily be proven wrong. Given his injury history in the past couple of years, his mileage and the fact that Bayern is so willingly letting him go, I'm being cautious, that's all.
I think its called Hargreaves syndrome! ;)

Macern

Pee pee pants
Carrick played the same amount of 90 minute games as Schweini did last year. For a team who will want to be gunning for 3+ trophies and playing 50+ games per season that would be a terrible return from a holding midfielder.
Schweinsteiger got back from a long World Cup and barely had time off before starting the new season. Also, the role he has been playing for Bayern requires a lot more running than Carrick's role which probably led to more injuries.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
Captain of the world champions?

YES PLEASE!

What a wonderful addition. Proven champion.

Does he speak English, out of interest?

We will get Schniederlin too.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Honestly, I didn't even read what you posted. It was a joke, if this is what you think then fair enough! I hope he proves you wrong which i'm sure you wouldn't mind.
Obviously not, I'm rooting for him to succeed.

Mister Ed

Bastian Schweinsteiger.

Bastian, fecking, Schweinsteiger.

Seriously?

Who's moaning at this? He's a midfield legend, barely 31, he's a winner and he will bring so much to us. Amazing.
That is old for me

Genuinely not a fan of signing players over 30

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
That is old for me

Genuinely not a fan of signing players over 30
Scholes was 34 when we won in Moscow, we've got plenty of youth, adding experience is an inspired move.

Aussie_Red_Devil

Guys my cock is out......everyone in the shoppibg centre is looking at me. But i dont care they obviously aren't aware that we are about to sign bastian (not even gonna attempt to spell his last name)

Macern

Pee pee pants
Some of the negativity here is over the top. It's fine to have concerns but it's stupid to overcompensate.

Varun

Staff
Personally one of the things that always attracted me to United was the fact that we didnt just splurge stupid amount of money on players either in or past their peak. Last summer people were making the exact same noises about Falcao and that didnt turn out so well - and Di Maria hasnt fared much better. But hey, as one person said - "Its Bastian fecking Schweinsteiger!", by that logic we should be snapping up Zidane pretty soon.

The very fact that people (not many, and I realise it isnt serious) are calling @Wade3 s opinions ridiculous and jokingly suggesting to ban him shows how far we have fallen in my opinion. The transfer forum has always been a haven for muppets, but its getting worse by the year.
Logic and context. You seem to have missed both.

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
A midfield 3 of Herrara, Carrick/Schneiderlin, and Bastian, with an interchangeable front three of Memphis, Rooney, and Di Maria is very wank worthy indeed. Get Otamendi and Morgan and we are ready to go!

YouOnlyLiveTwice

While i'm happy this seem to go through, for me he should only be the creative midfielder or deep-lying playmaker, i don't see him having the legs to perform the box-to-box role as he once did.

But it's a great signing, so much experience and a true winner, having him as an option is such a change from the Cleverley/Anderson era.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Uh oh guys, I've just had a frightening thought;

In a small and dark living room, huddled around a laptop, Schweinsteiger is laughing wildly as he sits beside Thiago. "Haha, ja das is very funny. You are right my friend. These bellheads from Manchesterings really do believe that people like us would be signing up to playing fussball with them! Muppet pricklings..."

Wade3

Apparently he doesn't get along with Pep

Also the board at Bayern is reluctant to pay high salaries. So it might be similar to with Kroos that they didn't get an agreement on wages, add some frustration with pep and the fact he is perhaps not as certain of a starting position there anymore and you can see why it would make sense for him to leave and ask for a move. Which is the only scenario I see in which Bayern would allow selling him. They always clear about this, they never keep a player that wants to leave, espeically not the ones who have given the club great service. So if Schweini asked for a move because he wants a bit more certainty for the last years in his career and feels he rather spends them at United under LVG than at Bayern under Pep Bayern will give it to him.
I heard about the issues he had with Pep, but others at the club have had those problems too, which isn't surprising given their tactical changes. I didn't think it'd be enough for a club legend and the club to part ways. Bayern is pretty no-nonsense about their salary structure and about unhappy players. Nonetheless, it seems they would've done more if he was still the Schweinsteiger of old. Ultimately, we don't know what happened behind the scenes though.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
One year ago he was the best player in the world cup final and now its 'too old, what's next we buy zidane' :wenger:

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Central midfielders peak at around the age of 29 and remain good for quite a while. Just look at Scholes, Pirlo, Xabi Alonso, Xavi and Carrick just to get some perspective. Scholes and Pirlo at 34 were still 2 of the best midfielders in the world.

I just don't get how someone can be against getting Schweinsteiger for 13m and 135k a week.

MDFC Manager

This is actually happening? Holy feck :drool::drool::drool:

No surprise there are moaners. They are the one constant on the caf

Wade3

I think its called Hargreaves syndrome! ;)
Hell, we won the Champions League with him, so if that's how it turns out to be, he can be injured all year long for all I care. :lol:

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
Central midfielders peak at around the age of 29 and remain good for quite a while. Just look at Scholes, Pirlo, Xabi Alonso, Xavi and Carrick just to get some perspective. Scholes and Pirlo at 34 were still 2 of the best midfielders in the world.

I just don't get how someone can be against getting Schweinsteiger for 13m and 135k a week.
Because it doesn't matter who we sign some people just like a good moan!

Varun

Staff

In a small and dark living room, huddled around a laptop, Schweinsteiger is laughing wildly as he sits beside Thiago. "Haha, ja das is very funny. You are right my friend. These bellheads from Manchesterings really do believe that people like us would be signing up to playing fussball with them! Muppet pricklings..."
We'll send Dave over to sign his balls with a permanent marker them.

bri2013

Yup last really top midfielder we signed also from Bayern

1 excellent season and after that nothing.

Hopefully Bastian won't be similar
If he helps us win the league next year it will be worth it. He is a winner and a leader and with LVG's policy of bringing youth team players to train with the first team, he will set a great example and they will learn from him.

All in all, it's a no brainer really.

Mister Ed

Scholes was 34 when we won in Moscow, we've got plenty of youth, adding experience is an inspired move.
I'am not saying they can't be good player but still they are old and in the last years of their career. If you transfer them you aren't looking focussed on the long term and I don't like signings that aren't focussed on the long term.

I think if you invest so much money you need to be able to look at 5 or 6 years atleast for it to make sense. RVP was similar but in the end was worth it because of that amazin first season. I hope Bastian will be here longer, I hope he'll be better for us and I hope we'll also win something with him but signing a schneiderlin that could be at the club for 7 or 8 years makes more sense to me.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies

You make it sound like they work in a call centre.

Skywarden

So, this is actually happening? I'm sorry but I can't contain my excitement...

NotQuiteManc

I think he would be fine as long as there are others around him that would work their socks off to do the defensive covering if needed. Pirlo isn't exactly 'midfield destroyer type' but he did have Pogba and Vidal or Marchisio to do the dirty work so to speak. If Schneiderlin is coming, it would make perfect sense to have the two Sch-gents and Herrera in midfield 3. At least, no more Rooney there.

Status
Not open for further replies.