Bastian Schweinsteiger | Signed for MUFC - confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brightonian

Reckon it will be one of carrick/schweinsteiger + schneiderlin + Herrera/Mata with memphis and Di Maria/mata on the left and right. Depending on form and injuries.
Yep, this. Well, I think Schweinsteiger would share game time with both Carrick (deepest midfielder) and Schneiderlin (box to box). As you say, Mata will compete with Herrera for the AM spot, but also provide an option if Di Maria continues to struggle for form on the right wing. This:

DDG
Darmian Smalling Otamendi Shaw
Carrick/Schweini---------
-------------------
Schneiderlin/Schweini
Herrera/Mata
Di Maria/Mata ---Rooney==----= Depay​

Someone

Something
He's nowhere near past his best, i don't know what people are basing this on, whenever he plays he performs at an excellent standard, the only issue is his injuries, and he is fit now i think. If we sign morgan, along with carrick i don't expect bastian to be overused at all.

In recent years we've lost players like scholes, giggs, rio, vidic, evra and most likely van persie, we're really crying for an experienced winner like schweinsteiger, his presence even in the dressing room is important.

I honestly don't see any negatives to a signing like this one at all. Why do some people care about money i don't know.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Calm yer tits I'm just joking And you're wrong.
I'm pretty calm and know I'm not gonna get banned, but I'm just curious what upsets you so much about my posts. I didn't come in here and say Schweinsteiger is a piece of trash and wouldn't even be a regular for Reading. I rate him, but following the Bundesliga, I also know to be cautious and I surely know that Bayern rarely ever does bad business, so there must be a reason they're just letting go of him. Yes, they obviously have other, younger options, but obviously not many that are as good as him, plus some of their other options are injury prone as well. On top of that, he's a club legend, so why would they just let him go like that? They're not Real Madrid.

Mali_Zeus

I'm pretty calm and know I'm not gonna get banned, but I'm just curious what upsets you so much about my posts. I didn't come in here and say Schweinsteiger is a piece of trash and wouldn't even be a regular for Reading. I rate him, but following the Bundesliga, I also know to be cautious and I surely know that Bayern rarely ever does bad business, so there must be a reason they're just letting go of him. Yes, they obviously have other, younger options, but obviously not many that are as good as him, plus some of their other options are injury prone as well. On top of that, he's a club legend, so why would they just let him go like that? They're not Real Madrid.
It has been said countless times - They have enough options in midfield now, if he wanted to stay they would offered him a new contract, if he wanted to leave they would grant him that wish. They're not letting him go cause he's passed it or sthing.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
I'm sure one of the Bayern supporters here said the board were happy to give him a new contract but he wanted to go. If you think Bayern never do bad business then maybe you should consider that they thought it was better for him to go this year for 12m rather than nothing next summer

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
It's risky

But becoming a typical post Fergie type of thing, big name and the muppets will be creaming themselves.

Hope it works out because it could turn out great...hopefully
Personally one of the things that always attracted me to United was the fact that we didnt just splurge stupid amount of money on players either in or past their peak. Last summer people were making the exact same noises about Falcao and that didnt turn out so well - and Di Maria hasnt fared much better. But hey, as one person said - "Its Bastian fecking Schweinsteiger!", by that logic we should be snapping up Zidane pretty soon.

The very fact that people (not many, and I realise it isnt serious) are calling @Wade3 s opinions ridiculous and jokingly suggesting to ban him shows how far we have fallen in my opinion. The transfer forum has always been a haven for muppets, but its getting worse by the year.

Godfather

This thread has turned quite shit with all those negative wankers. It's like he wasn't probably the best player at the world cup just a year ago. He'll be good for us.

Mister Ed

Who's this wade3 guy and why isn't he banned yet?
Maybay they should ban you ?

Feck sake is up with all these people that can't respect another persons opinion. Sorry state of the caf if that is the way things go around here.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
This thread has turned quite shit with all those negative wankers. It's like he wasn't probably the best player at the world cup just a year ago. He'll be good for us.
Yep...complaining about signing Schweinsteigher, unbelievable

@Mister Ed He was clearly joking

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Anyone who can't get excited about this signing at the fees being mentioned, is a sad, sad cnut.
Personally one of the things that always attracted me to United was the fact that we didnt just splurge stupid amount of money on players either in or past their peak. Last summer people were making the exact same noises about Falcao and that didnt turn out so well - and Di Maria hasnt fared much better. But hey, as one person said - "Its Bastian fecking Schweinsteiger!", by that logic we should be snapping up Zidane pretty soon.

The very fact that people (not many, and I realise it isnt serious) are calling @Wade3 s opinions ridiculous and jokingly suggesting to ban him shows how far we have fallen in my opinion. The transfer forum has always been a haven for muppets, but its getting worse by the year.
:lol: Says the Fellaini lover. Fecking piss off then!

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
It has been said countless times - They have enough options in midfield now, if he wanted to stay they would offered him a new contract, if he wanted to leave they would grant him that wish. They're not letting him go cause he's passed it or sthing.
Except I never read that he definitely wanted out and I don't take Bayern for a club to be stupid enough to let a club legend, and a player that could be as good as some here make it to be, walk. If they think he's replaceable, then he can not be as good anymore as people here think he is or his health must be an issue for them.

Macern

Pee pee pants
1. He's 31 next month
2. A CM's fitness is key
3. Played 90 minutes only 15 times last season
Carrick who is a similar player is still going strong at 34. Schweinsteiger has a much better natural fitness than Carrick anyway so I have no worries about Schweinsteiger as long as he stays away from serious injuries.

Varun

Staff
Too much money has been wasted on players who weren't worth it at the end. I don't want it to happen again. I'm not gonna say Schweinsteiger is gonna be the next Falcao, but he could very well be a disappointment in terms of missing plenty of games and not being able to deliver his best often enough.
I hope he turns out to be bastian fecking schweinsteiger and not fecking bastian schweinsteiger if you get what I mean.

Felt thrilled to see Radamel fecking Falcao play for our club aswell but not anymore
Unlike Falcao, Schweinsteiger hasn't been out of the game for ages due to injuries. Unlike Falcao, we're not signing him just after he's back from injury either. He returned sometime in Oct Nov and has been fit since. In any case, we can't be averse to signing top players just because they might end up not worth it. That would be true for any signing. He hasn't been injury prone either, it's been 1 injury that's been keeping him out for months the last 2 seasons.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Overall I'm a bit 'meh' about this signing. There are a lot of potential up sides but there are also several potential downsides. I just hope the positives outweigh the negatives and he does well for us.

Still hope we get Schneiderlin done.

Mali_Zeus

Except I never read that he definitely wanted out and I don't take Bayern for a club to be stupid enough to let a club legend, and a player that could be as good as some here make it to be, walk. If they think he's replaceable, then he can not be as good anymore as people here think he is or his health must be an issue for them.
Him wanting out is a story few months old.
They're selling him for the reasons I wrote.

Name Changed

weso26
Too much money has been wasted on players who weren't worth it at the end. I don't want it to happen again. I'm not gonna say Schweinsteiger is gonna be the next Falcao, but he could very well be a disappointment in terms of missing plenty of games and not being able to deliver his best often enough.
Don't worry about it, it's not your money.

We should be rejoicing. It's not very often we get to sign a player of the caliber of Bastian Schweinsteiger.

SalfordRed1960

Yep, this. Well, I think Schweinsteiger would share game time with both Carrick (deepest midfielder) and Schneiderlin (box to box). As you say, Mata will compete with Herrera for the AM spot, but also provide an option if Di Maria continues to struggle for form on the right wing. This:

DDG
Darmian Smalling Otamendi Shaw
Carrick/Schweini---------
-------------------
Schneiderlin/Schweini
Herrera/Mata
Di Maria/Mata ---Rooney==----= Depay​
I could live with that, but get me a real out an out striker for Rooney and that is one hell of a first 11. The squad would have significant depth.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Bastian Schweinsteiger.

Bastian, fecking, Schweinsteiger.

Seriously?

Who's moaning at this? He's a midfield legend, barely 31, he's a winner and he will bring so much to us. Amazing.

LitterBug

No-one likes (a) litterbug
Carrick who is a similar player is still going strong at 34. Schweinsteiger has a much better natural fitness than Carrick anyway so I have no worries about Schweinsteiger as long as he stays away from serious injuries.
Carrick played the same amount of 90 minute games as Schweini did last year. For a team who will want to be gunning for 3+ trophies and playing 50+ games per season that would be a terrible return from a holding midfielder.

Sylar

rofl if this goes through. This is a bonus that most of us wanted for a few years. I do hope, despite this, we still get Schneiderlin though.

I wont get to happy until its official of course.

Mister Ed

Apparently he doesn't get along with Pep

Also the board at Bayern is reluctant to pay high salaries. So it might be similar to with Kroos that they didn't get an agreement on wages, add some frustration with pep and the fact he is perhaps not as certain of a starting position there anymore and you can see why it would make sense for him to leave and ask for a move. Which is the only scenario I see in which Bayern would allow selling him. They always clear about this, they never keep a player that wants to leave, espeically not the ones who have given the club great service. So if Schweini asked for a move because he wants a bit more certainty for the last years in his career and feels he rather spends them at United under LVG than at Bayern under Pep Bayern will give it to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.