BBC: United hold talks with Mourinho

Would you be happy to see Jose Mourinho become next United manager?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Mixed feelings.

He's certainly the best option available to us right now and bringing him in is probably the right move.

I still have massive reservations over his personality and behaviour though. Not looking forward to idiots here trying to justify whatever obnoxious things he inevitably does. The bitterness towards Pep and Wenger will quickly become tedious.

Also means that my favourite player of our current squad is likely to be shown the door. Oh well.

Happytom82

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think those arguing about youth are mainly concerned with those from the academy. All of those were signed apart from Santon. Pretty sure you've got most of those ages wrong too as Zouma has only just turned 21 now and has been at Chelsea for a couple of seasons.
yeah, I know, point still standing though, they are only off by a year or two. apart from kalou though. Alcohol ;) Anyway, no manager ever produced class of '92s. Apart from SAF.

Eddy_JukeZ

Why are some people so against Mourinho?

I know the season he had with Chelsea. He was definitely at fault, but it's possible there's issues behind the scenes we don't know of.

He guarantees trophies. He's won at every single club he's managed. We haven't won a trophy since SAF retired(discounting the community shield).

Revan

Assumptionman
Don't even bother man, the fact that those academies didn't produce a lot of players of genuine quality should be overlooked. Folk will project one anomalous season at Chelsea over his entire career (apparently he leaves every club in the relegation zone), clubs with at times toxic broadroom and dressing room environs (Chelsea and Real Madrid) will be used against him, but we will seletively erase Internazionale and Porto from our memories; people will dig up, or even invent arguments just to have a go at Mourinho because he doesn't fit the stereotype and is too much of a *censored word*.

eg. Apparently Pep vanquished José in head to head meetings, even though:

At Internazionale, he won the European Cup against Bayern Munich, after defeating Pep's Barcelona in the semi-finals.
In his first season at Madrid, yes they lost 5-0 at the Nou Camp, and lost the league, and lost in the semi-finals of the Champions League; but they did defeat Barcelona in the finals of the Copa del Rey.
In his second season, they won the La Liga, but lost to Barcelona in the Copa del Rey.

So, in broader picture terms, and in terms of winning silverware, it was a rather even match - 1 European Cup each while facing each other in that 3 season window, 1 La Liga apiece, 1 Copa del Rey title for each, and one extra Supercopa for Pep; this despite Barcelona's superiority in terms of personnel. So the disparity in overall W/L ratio doesn't really tell the whole story.

Another one - Pep supposedly destroyed Mourinho in terms of mind-games, even though Guardiola quit immediately after José won the La Liga with Real Madrid; and seemed visibly unnerved at times through the 2011/ 2012 season - it was for a multitude of reasons to be fair, and maybe his heart wasn't in it evidenced by the sabbatical, but still, Pep snapped in the face of Mourinho's war of words:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...Pep-Guardiola-over-the-edge-at-Barcelona.html

But nah, he destroyed Mourinho when it came to mind games.
While, I agree with your post, I don't think that you have used the best quote there. I am not sure, but from my memory Pep said so before the match in Bernabeu (UCL), when Barca defeated Madrid (although the red card was very debatable), and from all reports, Barca team got heated from that quote and went there to die for Pep.

Of course, victors write history, etc etc. I don't think that there is much in mind games anyway, just opium for peasants.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Someone had a similar phrase about LvG.

Will he be able to feck up Martial as much as he fecked up Hazard or will he just sell him (like he did with Lukaku, de Bruyne, Robben)? Will Man Utd, once they realize how horrible Mourinho is, be as badly fecked as Inter anno 2012 or just Chelsea anno 2007 (only winning the cup in 2009 despite spending more than anyone for several years in a row).
Mourinho and Chelsea were after Martial last summer actually. So there's every chance that he'll build the team around him. Also Martial has the speed, strength, size and ability on the ball that Mourinho will without a doubt look to get the best out of him. On Hazard... Last season he had the best season of his career by far, and then this season just flopped and has still been pretty shite since Mourinho left. And is always completely ineffective when he plays for Belgium. So not sure you can blame Mourinho for Hazard going missing this season.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Mixed feelings.

He's certainly the best option available to us right now and bringing him in is probably the right move.

I still have massive reservations over his personality and behaviour though. Not looking forward to idiots here trying to justify whatever obnoxious things he inevitably does. The bitterness towards Pep and Wenger will quickly become tedious.

Also means that my favourite player of our current squad is likely to be shown the door. Oh well.
I agree, Fellaini will probably be shown the door now ;)

Cina

Twigginator, the longest surviving WUM on the Caf.

Member 5225

What changes do we expect Mourinho will make in terms of personnel? What kind of changes did he make at Inter and Madrid when he joined them?
Players that are defined as excellent in their position I think.
i.e. not Herrera who's 'ok a quite a number of things'

Sepukku

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Thrilled if this happens. I always knew he wants to come. He's someone i can see staying here for a long time.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Players that are defined as excellent in their position I think.
i.e. not Herrera who's 'ok a quite a number of things'
I think Herrera might work better in a Mourinho team as he has a good work rate. Maybe in a Oscar position

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Had a worse season than lvg. Never seen champions fall so low a following season under the same manager

Serious questions over where his head is at right now

Treated his staff like shite and threw his players under the bus

Is a cnut

Will be a terrible day and perhaps my worst day as a Utd fan if/when he gets the job

I would take Giggs and even give David Moyes another shot before Jose.

Blah
You had me until me until Moyes. C'mon man that was like pissing into the wind with your mouth open. Eventually you had to close it because you knew you were just drinking piss. I don't want to drink piss again.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
While, I agree with your post, I don't think that you have used the best quote there. I am not sure, but from my memory Pep said so before the match in Bernabeu (UCL), when Barca defeated Madrid (although the red card was very debatable), and from all reports, Barca team got heated from that quote and went there to die for Pep.

Of course, victors write history, etc etc. I don't think that there is much in mind games anyway, just opium for peasants.
And Martial played under Jardim and Ranieri, they are both tactically "rigid".

Loon

:lol:
Perhaps Mournho will have the same relationship with Fergie as Ferguson did with Busby and he will pick up some good habits?

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Actually Twigginator is probably Mata.
:lol: One of our best players! Who hates an absolute cnut! What a pisser.

You must read posts where real united fans criticise this decision and cringe. When you've put half the time or money into United as I have I will accept your criticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.