BBC: United hold talks with Mourinho

Would you be happy to see Jose Mourinho become next United manager?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
He just wasn't very good for us. I originally was over the moon when we signed him, but he was pants.
Mike Phelan on Kagawa

"He was a young guy, first time in the country, hardly spoke a word of English, but he came to me and he went 'Mr Phelan, will you be the Godfather to my child?' Didn't happen in the end. We had to let him go, he was rubbish....He was rubbish."

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Ugh! Stop creaming yourself. It's embarrassing.
Oh look, the Embarrassed Brigade are out in full force again.

How can you not cream yourself over one of the best managers in the world replacing a couple of dinosaurs, in Moyes and LvG.

eggwithsideburns

Imagine a last minute winner at the Stretford end and we see this

How can anyone not want this man? :drool: The Scouse absolutely despise him and he hates them. That should be enough reason to get him in :D
It would be brilliant :)

JB7

Blanc - Manager of his hometown club, CL football and all the money to burn. Why would he leave that?
Not be pedantic but Paris is like 350 miles away from Blancs hometown.

Don't disagree with your other points though!

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Oh look, the Embarrassed Brigade are out in full force again.

How can you not cream yourself over one of the best managers in the world replacing a couple of dinosaurs, in Moyes and LvG.
It's a fecking joke.

When you look at how far the club has fallen in a short space of time, you wonder how these idiots can't see it must be down to the managerial choice. We need to get in someone to turn this ship around fast, our squad has deteriorated from when he come through, and you can see all our former players playing amazingly well at a higher level. What the hell have these transfer windows been about?

/ChelseaFan'd

crossy1686

career ending
A lot of people in here are trying to read between the lines here and presuming Mourinho is saying he's not in the running because he's had no contact but I'd suggest the opposite.

Mourinho could have said "no, I've heard nothing, it won't happen", the fact he didn't dismiss the question suggests it's already done.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
BTW - for when he comes in, I'm wondering what do we think of his transfer business?

Pedro - 20 million
Baba Rahman - 15 million
Begovic - 9 million
Kenedy - 6 million
Falcao - 5 million loan
Michael Hector - 4 million
Papa Dijobodi - 3 million

Overall about 65 million pounds spent at Chelsea this year, do you think any of these might follow him to Old Trafford? How many of these type of signigns can we look forward towards?

Similarly the year before
Diego Costa - 30 million
Cesc - 25 million
Cuardardo - 25 million
Felipe Luis - 15 million
Remy - 10 million
Pasalic - 2 million

I'm wondering how much of Chelsea's 170 million pound spend we think worked out well for the club?

Von Mistelroum

I am currently surviving from the comments on here from all the positive people saying he's coming here for sure.

Personally, I don't think that we'll hire him, but you guys give me hope that I'm wrong :)

SirAF

Ageist
Ferguson called a man fat and unfit to be a referee in football. He also had numerous fallings out with the board, fought the club's shareholders over a horse he didn't own, booted a football boot at Becks, tried to start a fight with Paul Ince at half time at the Nou Camp, fell out with heaps of players, said Wenger should piss off back to Japan and claimed teams near the relegation zone only tried against United and no one else and cheated their managers......

Yet, we all loved him and never questioned him.....

I'd love Fergie even more if I found out he had a stadium ban but hid in a laundry basket to get into the dressing room
Completely agree.

Infra-red

BTW - for when he comes in, I'm wondering what do we think of his transfer business?

Pedro - 20 million
Baba Rahman - 15 million
Begovic - 9 million
Kenedy - 6 million
Falcao - 5 million loan

Overall about 65 million pounds spent at Chelsea this year, do you think any of these might follow him to Old Trafford? How many of these type of signigns can we look forward towards?

Diego Costa - 30 million
Cesc - 25 million
Cuardardo - 25 million
Felipe Luis - 15 million
Remy - 10 million
Pasalic - 2 million

I'm wondering how much of Chelsea's 170 million pound spend we think worked out well for the club?
Difficult to say with any certainty how much of the praise/blame for that lot lies with Michael Emenalo.

Von Mistelroum

This. I have a feeling we are fecking this up.
I actually think that we'd be scared/apprehensive to even consider Mourinho and that they're desperate to keep LVG for another year so that Giggs can take over and they don't have to go with Mourinho.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
At this stage regardless of anything else I'd be happy to get Mourinho purely to see how Twigginator reacts to it throughout his tenure.
Same. I dislike Mourinho but it will be funny seeing the meltdowns

Shark

@NotShark
I actually think that we'd be scared/apprehensive to even consider Mourinho and that they're desperate to keep LVG for another year so that Giggs can take over and they don't have to go with Mourinho.
That makes no sense. As said on here hundreds of times now, Giggs would surely be manager now if we had any intention of giving him the job, what difference would year make?

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks

Pedro - 20 million
Baba Rahman - 15 million
Begovic - 9 million
Kenedy - 6 million
Falcao - 5 million loan

Diego Costa - 30 million
Cesc - 25 million
Cuardardo - 25 million
Felipe Luis - 15 million
Remy - 10 million
Pasalic - 2 million

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Ferguson called a man fat and unfit to be a referee in football. He also had numerous fallings out with the board, fought the club's shareholders over a horse he didn't own, booted a football boot at Becks, tried to start a fight with Paul Ince at half time at the Nou Camp, fell out with heaps of players, said Wenger should piss off back to Japan and claimed teams near the relegation zone only tried against United and no one else and cheated their managers......

Yet, we all loved him and never questioned him.....

I'd love Fergie even more if I found out he had a stadium ban but hid in a laundry basket to get into the dressing room
Mourinho has always been like this. I remember laughing at his claim and posting in this forum when he returned and said that he was now "the happy one". Actually it took less than i thought for him to go back to his conflictive self.

This video is from his first stint as head manager at Benfica. Has no problem going up against someone who was one of the best players at Benfica and arguably the most popular one. Mourinho had no credit, nothing to brag about and was a fairly unpopular appointment among the vast majority of Benfica fans. Even so he was genuine and it's a classic Mourinho type of rant.

reelworld

It seems a bit small time. I don't think how much "the scousers" will be wound up comes into who should be our next manager at all.
You think Ferguson being small time for wanting to "knock them of their fecking perch"?
Being passionate against one of our biggest rival is a bonus, that's all I am saying.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Mourinho has always been like this. I remember laughing at his claim and posting in this forum when he returned and said that he was now "the happy one". Actually it took less than i thought for him to go back to his conflictive self.

This video is from his first stint as head manager at Benfica. Has no problem going up against someone who was one of the best players at Benfica and arguably the most popular one. Mourinho had no credit, nothing to brag about and was a fairly unpopular appointment among the vast majority of Benfica fans. Even so he was genuine and it's a classic Mourinho type of rant.

Classic Jose.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
It seems a bit small time. I don't think how much "the scousers" will be wound up comes into who should be our next manager at all.
I doubt the only reason @reelworld wants Mourinho is because he hates scousers. It's merely something he likes about Mourinho, no idea how that is small time

Von Mistelroum

That makes no sense. As said on here hundreds of times now, Giggs would surely be manager now if we had any intention of giving him the job, what difference would year make?
I believe the idea was for LVG to be a success and then Giggs would have learned at his side and have a relatively easy transition over.

Obviously, giving him the job a year early, when were failing so badly won't work as well...

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
When Twigg hates you, this is the end. He absolutely despised Kagawa and never went back. Won't even admit now that Kagawa has been good for Dortmund.
There are people who dont like Mourinho , I think at this point, it doesnt matter.

He'll either have to back him blindly like he's done with the other manager's before, but that would be hypocritical considering all the criticism he's levelled against him.

Or he can spend Mourinho's tenure here having digs at him. Considering how great a fan he proclaimed himself just recently, and having in the past sung how fans stand by their managers, that would be hypocritical too.

Either way, I cant wait for Jose. Great manager, flawed , but so are we.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Great post and a very impressive summation from Neville on how Mourinho transformed and rebuilt the Chelsea squad to win the league within 2 years with a very competitive net spend.

Blows the myth that Mourinho cannot rebuild a squad and within a decent budget.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
You think Ferguson being small time for wanting to "knock them of their fecking perch"?
Being passionate against one of our biggest rival is a bonus, that's all I am saying.
Sir Alex's hate for Liverpool goes back to his time at Abeerden and their tie in the European cup in the early 80's.

They went to Anfield and where uttetly anihilated.

It also didnt hurt that Sir Alex absolutely despised Scouse legends Kevin Daglish and Graeme Sounes even pre-United.

That was what drove the hate. Petty? Maybe...but it knocked them off their fecking perch.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Great post and a very impressive summation from Neville on how Mourinho transformed and rebuilt the Chelsea squad to win the league within 2 years with a very competitive net spend.

Blows the myth that Mourinho cannot rebuild a squad and within a decent budget.
He won the the treble with Inter Milan on a net spend of £30m as well

Status
Not open for further replies.