g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

BBC: United hold talks with Mourinho

Would you be happy to see Jose Mourinho become next United manager?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hubbuh

The problem is Van Gaal's attitude. He has fed us with delusion and lies. He has tried to lower our expectations as if we are some idiot fans who know nothing about football and Man United potential. I feel he disrespects the club a bit, regarding our stature and what we deserve as a club which always seem to be what ever is the limit of his ability. Its all lies and delusion. He has managed big clubs before so he knows the score yet has continued to blow smoke in our faces rather arrogantly. No love from me I'm afraid and I bet he reads this and sheds a tear right before kick off tomorrow
It's what any manager will say when they are patently out of their depth. No fan likes to here it coming from the man in charge of their team, but trying to convey a sense of perspective to disgruntled viewers buys himself time and deflects away from the significance of the failings.

He hasn't suddenly forgotten the enormity of Utd or what fans have come to expect, its just survival mode.

Trizy

So, has he signed yet?

Would be hilarious if he signed before the FA Cup final and won both the FA Cup and the Charity Shield before the season even started :lol:

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
I'm still quietly confident that it's a done deal.

As for Ibrahimovic - despite his age, he's still good enough and we also need him because we really need characters in the team. The current bunch is pathetic in that respect.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I can't imagine this place if it is indeed announced that Louis is staying....!!
I think records would be broken for the most posts per minute...sustained for several days.
The owners of the forum may need to upgrade their servers to handle the strain. ;)

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Doh. I'm not even sure I'd believe Sky Italia if they said that Italy's close.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
There's no way we should get rid of Basti. We need all the fight we can get, and I think he still has a lot to offer. He's one of only a handful of players I'd be disappointed to see leave.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
There's no way we should get rid of Basti. We need all the fight we can get, and I think he still has a lot to offer. He's one of only a handful of players I'd be disappointed to see leave.
He's so past it.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
They got a nice game going both these sky networks.
I swear tae feck Sky Italy and Sky Sports have nowt to do with each other. It's embarrassing.

However I thought that Alciato was meant to be proper reliable?

Natener

When Sky Sports tells me it's Fish and Chips on the plate, I check under the... bloody hell I can see it for myself. Come back to us when you actually have something to report, Sky Sports.

Von Mistelroum

Well, there's a surprise. I am so certain that this isn't going to happen that I'd consider putting money on LVG being here next season, wonder what odds I'd get...(before anybody says anything sarcastic, I've never gambled before). I fully expect Mourinho to find a new club within the next couple of months as it's replacing managers season, Van Gaal and the club will stay silent until the start of next season and we'll be off again. Utterly pathetic and, yes, embarrassing, but it's so obvious.

GiddyUp

Are you having a laugh? Have you watched City since the announcement. There's a reason everyone in football has said doing what they did was foolish.
Stop fecking fighting guys, Jose is coming. Straighten you're shirts and pull up you're trousers.

GiddyUp

Schweinsteiger has been awful all season. Yes i would. Hes trading on his name alone. Cleverley was united through and through. Would have fought more, lasted 90 minutes and probably would have done well in a possession based team, considering his strength was always link up play.
OH. MY. GOD.!!!

SteveJ

Scout
Van Gaal and the club will stay silent until the start of next season
I'd find that a truly cowardly thing, given how unpopular LVG's management is with supporters. How bloody hard would it be for Ed to simply be honest & say something like "We expect Louis to see out his contract"? And it would end the speculation about Mourinho, which is undoubtably a distraction for everyone concerned.

SteveJ

Scout
Rado_N said:
Sky Sports v Sky Sports Italia in a battle of the noncredibles.
:lol:
Yep. It's Sky Mesopotamia or no-one for me.

Name Changed

weso26
Schweinsteiger has been awful all season. Yes i would. Hes trading on his name alone. Cleverley was united through and through. Would have fought more, lasted 90 minutes and probably would have done well in a possession based team, considering his strength was always link up play.
Cleverley has always been awful and will continue to be. Because he's awful.

soapythecat

This constant crap is all been fed from within the club to create column inches around the world. Our revenue figures today prove it. As long as United have a story on the back pages then investors/sponsors attached to the club are also getting advertised. The fans mean little to the money men at our club.

Jammydodger7

Presuming that there's a clause in LVG's contract about not getting top 4, like Moyes, then it would make no sense in the club announcing Jose until it's impossible for top 4. If we come out and annouce it right now then LVG gets his full compensation.

If we wait until after Sunday and we dont make top 4 then the club can sack him and we save a few million.

If we do manage to get top 4 then the club still sack him and we pay him his full compo. So it makes no sense announcing Jose until it's matematically impossible for Top 4!

That's what I think the club are doing anyway!

Roopea

Presuming that there's a clause in LVG's contract about not getting top 4, like Moyes, then it would make no sense in the club announcing Jose until it's impossible for top 4. If we come out and annouce it right now then LVG gets his full compensation.

If we wait until after Sunday and we dont make top 4 then the club can sack him and we save a few million.

If we do manage to get top 4 then the club still sack him and we pay him his full compo. So it makes no sense announcing Jose until it's matematically impossible for Top 4!

That's what I think the club are doing anyway!
That's what I think as well, but I fear that it's far too logical for the board...

Andy_Cole

Well, there's a surprise. I am so certain that this isn't going to happen that I'd consider putting money on LVG being here next season, wonder what odds I'd get...(before anybody says anything sarcastic, I've never gambled before). I fully expect Mourinho to find a new club within the next couple of months as it's replacing managers season, Van Gaal and the club will stay silent until the start of next season and we'll be off again. Utterly pathetic and, yes, embarrassing, but it's so obvious.
It's actually 11/4 which are pretty good odds if you think it. For him to go is 1/4. I may put a few quid myself as I think it's around 50/50 to be honest.

Gazza

Does Jose know the difference between "it depends on" and "it's dependable" ? After 2 years of LVG this is a deal breaker for me.

Last edited:

Minimalist

I really don't see why the announcement has to wait (if it's happening.)

Van Gaal could have really saved face by saying he was retiring in the press conference. If Mourinho does end up coming after all, it's still another bizarre and unnecessary 'long wait' that beggars belief really.

The idea that the players are going to somehow perform worse hearing that LVG is leaving is just pure fantasy to me - they might actually fecking relax for once this season.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I really don't see why the announcement has to wait (if it's happening.)

Van Gaal could have really saved face by saying he was retiring in the press conference. If Mourinho does end up coming after all, it's still another bizarre and unnecessary 'long wait' that beggars belief really.

The idea that the players are going to somehow perform worse hearing that LVG is leaving is just pure fantasy to me - they might actually fecking relax for once this season.
After being told repeatedly that "it is a process" and that we'll come good one fine day, I'm beginning to suspect the players were already in this state of mind throughout the season.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
He said he wants/expects to stay but it's up to the board

Ie: he will adhere to his contract and upto the board what they do.

Nothing wrong in that statement at all.

Sigma

Does Jose know the difference between "it depends on" and "it's dependable" ? After 2 years of LVG this is a deal breaker for me.
I've heard LVG say dependable so many times in that context that I actually had to google what it meant :lol:

Gazza

I've heard LVG say dependable so many times in that context that I actually had to google what it meant :lol:
It's one of those phrases he uses in every single interview and the first couple of times it wasn't a problem, but at this point I'm wondering why no one at the club takes him aside and corrects him on it - it's such a small thing but seriously, get it right! They could even mention it to him as an aside - like, "The football is boring, the results are no good, and FFS it's "It depends on", Louis!" :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.