BBC: United hold talks with Mourinho

Would you be happy to see Jose Mourinho become next United manager?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Guillemots Balague has echoed the report from Castles. Says there has been no contact since December when we spoke to his people. Says there's definitely no negotiations going on.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Guillemots Balague has echoed the report from Castles. Says there has been no contact since December when we spoke to his people. Says there's definitely no negotiations going on.
Do you think that Nicky Butt promotion has anything to do with Giggs potentially being manager? I don't know what to think about it...

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Do you think that Nicky Butt promotion has anything to do with Giggs potentially being manager? I don't know what to think about it...
SteveJ, you are surrounded, you can't go nowhere! So gently put down that tinfoil.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
It's ridiculous that a manager like Pellegrini is number three on that list - he's not as good as some of the other, lower-ranked bosses.

Adisa

I don't beleive it is, considering we first offered him the job last summer.
What I do think is that the reluctance to push ahead with Mourinho suggests. Either the club has decided Giggs will be the next manager or they have another manager in mind that they would like to speak to. The Sun had a report that the clubs first choice was Pochettino. Although I don't believe it, I wouldn't be surprised if the club saw Pochettino as a preferred candidate to Mourinho.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Maybe everything was agreed verbally and they have decided to not say anything until it is closer to the time.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
That table shows just how ridiculously good Fergie was. To maintain that win percentage over 800 games is unreal. Wenger as well in fairness.
Aye!

Fergie's average season (over 21 seasons!) was:

P 38
W 25
D 8
L 5
GF 71
GA 33
Points 83

INSANE.

Edit: The numbers are a bit skewed because of the 42-game seasons in the early nineties.

Floyd

It's ridiculous that a manager like Pellegrini is number three on that list - he's not as good as some of the other, lower-ranked bosses.
He's managing a not so half bad squad, having spent gazillions of money. He should be up there.

Thisistheone

Aye!

Fergie's average season (over 21 seasons!) was:

P 38
W 25
D 8
L 5
GF 71
GA 33
Points 83

INSANE.

Edit: The numbers are a bit skewed because of the 42-game seasons in the early nineties.
Bloody hell. Winning machine. :devil:

Floyd

Its probably been posted on the previous page

This is just Mourinho/Mendes camp using their mouthpiece in a "come and get me" plea to United. So fecking take the bait now Woody!

Adisa

This is just Mourinho/Mendes camp using their mouthpiece in a "come and get me" plea to United. So fecking take the bait now Woody!
If we really wanted him as our manager,they won't need a "come and get me" plea. As I said a couple of weeks ago I feel Mourinho isn't our first or second option to replace LVG.

LonelyFire

If we really wanted him as our manager,they won't need a "come and get me" plea. As I said a couple of weeks ago I feel Mourinho isn't our first or second option to replace LVG.
Who do you think is? Its entirely plausible this is already done.

Floyd

Jesus Lord.. Mourinho has only lost 28 games in 212 matches!?

I think LvG has already lost that many this year, and it's only February
Josè lost every 7,7 game, Fergie every 7,1 games. LVH loses every 5th game.

Floyd

Who do you think is? Its entirely plausible this is already done.
Then why would Castles write articles like that? He would know if it's done.

Just to mess with us and the rest of the media? I suppose that's plausible.

LonelyFire

Then why would Castles write articles like that? He would know if it's done.

Just to mess with us and the rest of the media? I suppose that's plausible.
The day any Utd fan takes what Castles is saying seriously is the day they need to go and boil their own head.

Floyd

The day any Utd fan takes what Castles is saying seriously is the day they need to go and boil their own head.
He's an idiot but he's in the know when it comes to Mourinho.

Brophs

The One and Only
Castles' whole trolling United fans on Twitter shtick is going to be seriously undermined if Mourinho gets the job. Then again, perhaps he won't need to once Mendes gets what he wants and takes his hand out of Castles' arse.

Brophs

The One and Only
He's an idiot but he's in the know when it comes to Mourinho.
Undoubtedly. But being close to them means he'll also do their bidding for them. If they tell him something he'll print it.

Brophs

The One and Only
I wouldn't hold too much weight with that. I know why you're saying that but I think in this case, he's got a different angle.
I would say so, yeah. I would imagine what's in place is a broad oral agreement/understanding that Mourinho will get the job. Terms won't be an issue for either side. I imagine Mourinho is wary of the wind changing, or Giggs circling the wagons and managing to influence Ed before the deal is officially done and he wants it tied down now.

I think it was Rory Smith on the Game podcast who said something to the effect of "the more you hear noise from Mourinho's camp the more worried he is about not getting the job". This just looks like a shot across the bows to me.

Sigma

Wenger is the proof that over that many games no-one will match SAF! He's had unbeaten seasons FFS but play that many games and even it out you're gonna end up under 2 – over 800 and that average games is nothing short of amazing!
Jose might! :devil::devil:

LonelyFire

I would say so, yeah. I would imagine what's in place is a broad oral agreement/understanding that Mourinho will get the job. Terms won't be an issue for either side. I imagine Mourinho is wary of the wind changing, or Giggs circling the wagons and managing to influence Ed before the deal is officially done and he wants it tied down now.

I think it was Rory Smith on the Game podcast who said something to the effect of "the more you hear noise from Mourinho's camp the more worried he is about not getting the job". This just looks like a shot across the bows to me.
Bit in bold - given the rumours of 2013 and the Moyes appointment I would think this is very much in his mind. My own interpretation of it is the club have reservations about him but feel there is no viable alternative and we are probably in somewhere in the middle of "don't accept any offers" and "what would the terms look like...". I've said on here before, but if it was going to be Giggs it would have happened already.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

Yeah, lets make the change.
You know what's funny? That's his record until the defeat at Bournemouth on December 12th. Since then we played 10 more league games from which we won only three, drew another three and lost four. So, his record in 64 PL games is 31 wins, 18 draws and 15 defeats which makes us 1.73 points per game.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
I bet we were on the verge of appointing Mourinho, but the 0-0 draw with Chelsea convinced the board to offer Vangle a new contract.

peridigm

So according to that, Jose only takes over if we don't make CL? Done deal lads.
Seriously though, more Mendes work I'd imagine trying to hurry along a deal. I can't see Jose sitting around to see if we get CL or not, then going to a club who may or may not have CL either.
Madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.