Bluemoon goes into Meltdown

VanGaalEra

From their BBC bias against City thread, same guy:

They have gone a step further today - the BBC Gossip page is now split into 4 sections

Man United gossip (6 stories)
More gossip (18 stories - 2 mentions of United, despite them having their own section above)
Best of social media (3 stories - 2 mention United)
And Finally

In Total United are mentioned 12 times and Mourinho 10 times.

I have raised an official complaint to BBC as follows
Recieved a reply from the Beeb - as exactly as suggested it was a complete and utter fob off.

It basically stated that they felt the coverage of 17 our of 35 stories on one topic was justified. In fact, they didn't even acknowledge the idividual aspects of my complaint on page 83

Thanks for getting in touch with us about the reports we feature on the BBC Sport website.

Our front page reflects the major headlines in what is going on in the world of sport and sometimes, this means that a particular team or athlete is featured more than once.

As you may have seen, Manchester United have dominated the headlines across the media over the last few months with the speculation relating to Louis Van Gaal’s future at the club and José Mourinho’s appointment just days after their FA Cup win. We’re sorry if you were unhappy about this but we felt that these stories were of interest to our website users.

Thanks again for contacting us.

Kind Regards

BBC Complaints Team
Glory glory Mannn.....
Whilst I realise it is a fruitless task to continue complaining to them...

Dear BBC,

Many thanks for your prompt reply, however I fear you haven't understood the specifics of my complaint.

My overall complaint is this - the BBC sport website is biased towards stories featuring Manchester United, not just in the last week or month but overall.

The examples I gave were simply recent examples of your biased over-exposure of United and under-exposure of other clubs in the Premier League.

Perhaps you could explain why there was a "Mourinho Man United squad selection" tool, when he hadn't even been appointed as United manager, but there was no Conte, Wenger, Guardiola, Klopp, Hughes, Ranieri, Pardew, or Allardyce squad selectors?

I would also be interested to hear why you focus on the amount of money that some clubs have spent (Chelsea/City) but rarely quote the cost of the United squad as compared to Leicester. As I said, towards the end of the season you compared the cost of Leicesters squad to that of Manchester City, on the day that Leicester were actually playing Manchester United to possibly win the league title at Old Trafford - Man United having a similar squad cost to Manchester City, yet you did not make onee comment about the United squad cost.

You also have a tendancy to quote the transfer cost of players for other clubs whilst not doing so for United. Examples of this are "£44 million signing Raheem Sterling" but when you comment on United player it will be "21 year old Martial" with no mention of the transfer fee. It's as if you have a point to make about some clubs spending money whilst perpetuating the myth that Manchester United don't buy players for huge fees.

I felt your initial reply was a generic fob off and did not actually answer the queries I raised, so sadly I feel the need to reraise these points and look forward to your direct comments regarding the differences in reporting standards for United and the other clubs in the EPL

Many thanks and kind regards

Last edited:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
That's past delusion. He's the sort of person the police find dead in his flat, with writing smeared on the wall in shit.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout

"But you didn't respond to the footnote on page 196 of my letter!"

Bugshot

They look like they are making some very savvy decisions recently. Like a professional outfit when whiskey nose was there.

Next season will be competitive on finishing top 4. A giant is destined to miss out

Reply from a poster named Sheikh Khalid something.:lol:

You look like you are making some very dodgy comments lately, now go back sadcafe you raggy twat

M16Red

Forever in our shadow.

Best thing about city is the chicken bati pies at half time. That's it. Full stop

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
The stuff about BBC not mentioning Martial's fee is just wrong. Him and United got hammered by the press, BBC significantly included, about the fee paid for him. He was getting written off by everyone before he'd even kicked a ball in a red shirt, all because of the fee.

Just do a quick search for his name at the top of the BBC Sport page, pull up any article relating to him or a match report in which he scored a goal, and there it is.

"The France international became the world's most expensive teenage player when he signed from Monaco in September for £36m, which could rise to £58m" is pasted on to almost every single one.

I struggle to find one that doesn't at least mention the £36m. I actually can't find one. Same goes for Memphis. The fee quoted is still £31m, because the BBC don't know the difference between GPB and Euros, and it's mentioned on every article about him.

The BBC has never written "21 year old Martial", because he isn't 21. Fanny.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
The stuff about BBC not mentioning Martial's fee is just wrong. Him and United got hammered by the press, BBC significantly included, about the fee paid for him. He was getting written off by everyone before he'd even kicked a ball in a red shirt, all because of the fee.

Just do a quick search for his name at the top of the BBC Sport page, pull up any article relating to him or a match report in which he scored a goal, and there it is.

"The France international became the world's most expensive teenage player when he signed from Monaco in September for £36m, which could rise to £58m" is pasted on to almost every single one.

I struggle to find one that doesn't at least mention the £36m. I actually can't find one. Same goes for Memphis. The fee quoted is still £31m, because the BBC don't know the difference between GPB and Euros, and it's mentioned on every article about him.

You're making the mistake of attempting to rationalise the irrational thinking of your average, fevered, Bluemoon posting psychotic. Nothing that happens in the dark, rag infested corners and shadows of their paranoid minds is based in reality.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
That's just weird that he has spent the time to do all that, I had to justify even writing in this thread before I did it.

Furthermore, the BBC will focus more on United because United are the team people want to read about; nobody gives a shit about City, no matter what they do.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
It's pretty obvious he is Catalan born and bred, Barca supporter for 84 years, going on 87 years, supported them since their inception in 1899, 116 years ago. But most probably hates every fibre of the club and wishes they conducted themselves with the same class and dignity as Real Madrid.

RoyH1

It's hard to live in the shadow of United. Cannot blame them for going loco every now and again.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Perhaps you could explain why there was a "Mourinho Man United squad selection" tool, when he hadn't even been appointed as United manager, but there was no Conte, Wenger, Guardiola, Klopp, Hughes, Ranieri, Pardew, or Allardyce squad selectors?
I like how he inserts Guardiola in the midst of Conte, Pardew and Allardyce :lol:

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
It's hard to live in the shadow of United. Cannot blame them for going loco every now and again.
True. It's funny though, because as much as they go on about "the agenda" they sound utterly desperate to be hated and despised by everyone. They yearn for it. They want everyone to root against them, like everyone did against United in the 90s/00s. It just hasn't happened. The majority are just so indifferent towards City. A lot of neutrals even quite like them.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks

According to the leaked contract his fee was £27m and could rise to around £30m depending on clauses

https://footballleaks2015.wordpress.com/2016/03/29/psv-eindhoven-manchester-united-memphis-depay/

Stookie

Nurse bell end
From their BBC bias against City thread, same guy:
Thing is, City are a nothing club! They could win the next 10 titles and champions leagues and United would still grab the headlines. Because everybody knows City are a false club. The club and fans that were in the old Div 3 and must have had crowds of 100k (every City fan I know claims they were there back then) has long gone...they're footballs version of the Harlem Globetrotters who are living in a permanent world of bitterness. All that money and they still can't get it quite right.

Phurry

Furry Fecker
The giveaway is the season that Liverpool fecked it up, a week after the season finished no one cared about who'd won the league. If the dippers had won the media would still be going on about it now.

RetroStu

City fans are just so anti-Utd that they can't understand that we are a huge news story, while they are a nothing club that won the lottery, nothoing more.
Even when they are winning titles, its us that sells papers and draws clicks.

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
The giveaway is the season that Liverpool fecked it up, a week after the season finished no one cared about who'd won the league. If the dippers had won the media would still be going on about it now.
They probably would to be fair. A bit of thanks for us taking full advantage of Stevie G's timely slip, and therefore saving you from having to endure the media wankfest, wouldn't go amiss ;)

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I've been a Bluemoon member since 2010 and post on there a fair bit.
There are some fantastic posters on there and some time total feckwits which I suppose reflects society as a whole.
Reds who pitch up there are treated with respect if they want to discuss rather than troll the forum. There will be the odd insult thrown out but often it is in jest.
Like Bobbymanc I also attempt to correct factual inaccuracies and misconceptions about City and try to not bite when some halfwit cannot get past the empty seats and sugar daddy jibes.
I think it's a bit more stronger than that. I posted some poor guy who was attacked on his first post, which wasn't even contentious. I got banned after 2!!! How many United fans actually post on there, out of interest?? I think "the odd insult" is putting it mildly don't you think? There was even a gif zooming in on Fergie who's hands were shaking a bit. The comments were quite personal and insensitive.

You and Bobbymanc may be decent posters on there but the other fantastic posters you mention are definitely in the minority, from what I've seen. No mods challenging the posts whatsoever?

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
I think it's a bit more stronger than that. I posted some poor guy who was attacked on his first post, which wasn't even contentious. I got banned after 2!!! How many United fans actually post on there, out of interest?? I think "the odd insult" is putting it mildly don't you think? There was even a gif zooming in on Fergie who's hands were shaking a bit. The comments were quite personal and insensitive.

You and Bobbymanc may be decent posters on there but the other fantastic posters you mention are definitely in the minority, from what I've seen. No mods challenging the posts whatsoever?
Rag cnut.

LukeMCFC

Supports
Manchester City.
Bluemoon suffers from a lack of newbie system regardless its a poor forum, I'm on Mancityfans.net much more calmer.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city

The site is moderated. Many have had bans (myself included) when we overstep the mark.
United posters who come in peace such as Viva Rivaldo, JM MCR, Jack and Falcao have had a good run on BM without abuse (a little legpulling maybe but I've had that on here).
There are plenty of numpties on the forum too but they are often just keyboard warrior kids or saddos letting off steam. Modern life's like that and BM mostly has a membership of Mancs with their peculiar philosophy on life and sense of humour. The ranters are not to be taken too seriously.