Bluemoon goes into Meltdown

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
they are a nothing club that won the lottery, nothoing more.
Ever heard of Billy Meredith, Matt Busby and Denis Law? They were happy enough to play for the nothoing (sic) club before they went to United.
Even when they are winning titles, its us that sells papers and draws clicks.
Is it really something to swank about that United (and Liverpool) have such a grip on the sports media that any success that other clubs achieve is glossed over or undermined in favour of the chosen two?
Remember the fuss about Moyes, LVG, Januzaj? All were hyped beyond belief and flopped. The clicks they generated ultimately backfired on United but so long as the sales, deals and numbers keep looking healthy that's the main thing, eh?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
What a bizzare post. Who says it's a good thing, but rightly or wrongly United are the newsmakers. The fact that City fans are so bothered by it(writing letters to BBC, ffs) makes it extremely funny.

TheTunnel68

As a long time lurker on BM I have come to the conclusion, that most Reds on there are created by the moderators, each time they elect new mods there is an influx of 'new rags ' suddenly posting,they usually only last a few days until they vanish, wouldn't surprise me if it was some sort of initiation task all new mods have to undergo.

Gentleman Jim

Supports
city
As a long time lurker on BM I have come to the conclusion, that most Reds on there are created by the moderators, each time they elect new mods there is an influx of 'new rags ' suddenly posting,they usually only last a few days until they vanish, wouldn't surprise me if it was some sort of initiation task all new mods have to undergo.
I'm sure it goes on sometimes.

Gentleman Jim

Supports
city
What a bizzare post. Who says it's a good thing, but rightly or wrongly United are the newsmakers. The fact that City fans are so bothered by it(writing letters to BBC, ffs) makes it extremely funny.
Are you referring to my reply to RetroStu's comments (mine are in bold lettering)?

Truedevil

they are a nothing club that won the lottery, nothoing more.
Ever heard of Billy Meredith, Matt Busby and Denis Law? They were happy enough to play for the nothoing (sic) club before they went to United.
Even when they are winning titles, its us that sells papers and draws clicks.
Is it really something to swank about that United (and Liverpool) have such a grip on the sports media that any success that other clubs achieve is glossed over or undermined in favour of the chosen two?
Remember the fuss about Moyes, LVG, Januzaj? All were hyped beyond belief and flopped. The clicks they generated ultimately backfired on United but so long as the sales, deals and numbers keep looking healthy that's the main thing, eh?
You are still a nothing club, Bolton, Aston Villa, Blackburn etc have also had great players in their history, that doesn't change the fact they're all quite insignificant.

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
You are still a nothing club, Bolton, Aston Villa, Blackburn etc have also had great players in their history, that doesn't change the fact they're all quite insignificant.
No club in the English league pyramid is a nothing club and anyone claiming otherwise is just being breathtakingly arrogant. Forget City for a moment and try posting what you said on a Villa, Bolton, or Blackburn forum and see how far you get.

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
The site is moderated. Many have had bans (myself included) when we overstep the mark.
United posters who come in peace such as Viva Rivaldo, JM MCR, Jack and Falcao have had a good run on BM without abuse (a little legpulling maybe but I've had that on here).
There are plenty of numpties on the forum too but they are often just keyboard warrior kids or saddos letting off steam. Modern life's like that and BM mostly has a membership of Mancs with their peculiar philosophy on life and sense of humour. The ranters are not to be taken too seriously.
Funny really because I've had more bust-ups with fellow City fans on BM than I've had with United fans on there but that's because the forum encompasses the full spectrum of City's support while this forum doesn't (which is a good thing in a way as you can generally have a good debate on here but there are still posters on here that are capable of unwarranted hostile comments towards opposition fans). Simply going into the United thread and the BBC bias thread and forming a blanket view of the whole of BM when only a tiny minority of members post on those threads is a little short-sighted. In any case, The Cellar (Off Topic) section of the forum can be a far darker place at times and there have been some classic meltdowns in there down the years.

The 4 posters you mention are all good posters. JM was probably my favourite as he had the balls to defend himself in a constructive manner. I remember one night he was getting a harder time than he deserved from one poster and I defended him, not that he needed it as he was capable enough of holding his own.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
The 4 posters you mention are all good posters. JM was probably my favourite as he had the balls to defend himself in a constructive manner. I remember one night he was getting a harder time than he deserved from one poster and I defended him, not that he needed it as he was capable enough of holding his own.
You're just a rag in disguise aren't you?

On a serious note. I welcome fans from clubs. I think it's really good to get a constructive conversation going. I want to hear the views of fans about their club.
I hate city, but I'd give credit where credit is due

Treble

No club in the English league pyramid is a nothing club and anyone claiming otherwise is just being breathtakingly arrogant. Forget City for a moment and try posting what you said on a Villa, Bolton, or Blackburn forum and see how far you get.
That's true.

Gentleman Jim

Supports
city
Oh dear.
I trust that most true football fans on here cringe when reading such tripe.

Flytan

I don't think City are a "nothing club" but they are insignificant when compared to clubs like United/Liverpool/Arsenal. It has nothing to do with how good they are. They're certainly better than us currently, but that doesn't change the size, the fanbase, or the mentality of the fans.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
A city fan will quickly learn to forget the kids and get excited because they are pathetic. It will turn off some City supporters when they see the truth but when you have a sugar daddy, who cares? Wow look at all these players wanting to play for us! Amazing. Rather then developing players like Sterling - someone who they paid 50 million for...they'll ruin his career because they are a greedy shower of shite

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Have any of them become experts on Bailly yet? I'd like to know how dreadful he'll be to brace myself for the disappointment.

Bugshot

Have any of them become experts on Bailly yet? I'd like to know how dreadful he'll be to brace myself for the disappointment.
Majority over there still calling Martial "what's his name" is hilarious and think that he's Macheda mk2, clumsy and a poor striker. Remaining think he's Welbeck mk2. We've apparently paid 70m for him too which is mentioned in every other United related post.

They really are aggressive, a bitter bunch.

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
A city fan will quickly learn to forget the kids and get excited because they are pathetic. It will turn off some City supporters when they see the truth but when you have a sugar daddy, who cares? Wow look at all these players wanting to play for us! Amazing. Rather then developing players like Sterling - someone who they paid 50 million for...they'll ruin his career because they are a greedy shower of shite
You make it sound like United fans aren't capable of going into full on transfer muppet mode when the reality is that any fanbase would get excited about big name signings. It's almost like the players United signed in the summer of 2014 - while getting shot of a fair few promising youngsters - has been conveniently airbrushed from your memory.

Your concern about our own fanbase is much appreciated though ;)

U99ted

I don't think City are a "nothing club" but they are insignificant when compared to clubs like United/Liverpool/Arsenal. It has nothing to do with how good they are. They're certainly better than us currently, but that doesn't change the size, the fanbase, or the mentality of the fans.
Spot on.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
You make it sound like United fans aren't capable of going into full on transfer muppet mode when the reality is that any fanbase would get excited about big name signings. It's almost like the players United signed in the summer of 2014 - while getting shot of a fair few promising youngsters - has been conveniently airbrushed from your memory.

Your concern about our own fanbase is much appreciated though ;)
I'm not really that concerned but I am for the kids coming through. Name Uniteds promising youngsters in 2014 to me. I watch all the United reserve games so would like to hear who you are referring too :) However when you see a kid coming through, it's much better then spending crazy money. Once kids win your confidence, it's very good. Was 2014 the Di Maria and Falcao? I think it was but those are natural. We got rid sharpish to be fair heh

Barbara Charles

For the love of pickled beets
My father once carefully explained to me that City fans consisted mainly of secondary school dropouts whilst United fans at least finished secondary school/college.

what a mess

I find this sort of comment embarrassing , we should stop viewing them as a threat to our super club status but equally recognise that they are fast becoming one of the main power brokers in world football whether we like it or not ,their facilities and youth set up are second to none , they have pots of cash and are not afraid to spend it , they have a number of world class players they have got one of the top 2 managers in the world ( thank god we have now got the other ) .

in the last 2 or 3 years because of poor management and a series of iffy buys in the transfer windows we have allowed them to move ahead no point in denying that .
The good news is it looks like we have at last woken up from our slumber and look to be on the verge of moving forward again , Do I like City ? Do I hell , I can't bloody stand them but let's acknowledge that they have become very powerful ( just look what they do in this transfer window I'm sure they will have some major signings starting with Gundogan and Aubamayang ) but instead of sniping at them we must meet the challenge head on and clamber back onto our pedestal . Don't fear them ,but don't try and belittle them because to try and do so is small minded and embarrassing instead respect them then beat them and establish ourselves back as the number 1 club in manchester

Reactions: Snowjoe

Flytan

I find this sort of comment embarrassing , we should stop viewing them as a threat to our super club status but equally recognise that they are fast becoming one of the main power brokers in world football whether we like it or not ,their facilities and youth set up are second to none , they have pots of cash and are not afraid to spend it , they have a number of world class players they have got one of the top 2 managers in the world ( thank god we have now got the other ) .

in the last 2 or 3 years because of poor management and a series of iffy buys in the transfer windows we have allowed them to move ahead no point in denying that .
The good news is it looks like we have at last woken up from our slumber and look to be on the verge of moving forward again , Do I like City ? Do I hell , I can't bloody stand them but let's acknowledge that they have become very powerful ( just look what they do in this transfer window I'm sure they will have some major signings starting with Gundogan and Aubamayang ) but instead of sniping at them we must meet the challenge head on and clamber back onto our pedestal . Don't fear them ,but don't try and belittle them because to try and do so is small minded and embarrassing instead respect them then beat them and establish ourselves back as the number 1 club in manchester
That's literally my point. They're a better club than us right now, not a bigger one. It would take decades for them to match what we've done to become the size of the club we are now. The facilities/youth system/money makes them a BETTER club, not a bigger.

Gentleman Jim

Supports
city

Good post mate. Blinkers well and truly off.
Great battle coming up these next few years.

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
I'm not really that concerned but I am for the kids coming through. Name Uniteds promising youngsters in 2014 to me. I watch all the United reserve games so would like to hear who you are referring too :) However when you see a kid coming through, it's much better then spending crazy money. Once kids win your confidence, it's very good. Was 2014 the Di Maria and Falcao? I think it was but those are natural. We got rid sharpish to be fair heh
Well Michael Keane and Nick Powell both went out on loan. Tom Lawrence was sold to Leicester. Of the senior players that had come through the ranks, Cleverley was loaned out (later sold) and of course Welbeck was sold to Arsenal. Januzaj and Lingard were loaned out the following transfer window.

The only reason why Di Maria and Falcao left so quickly is quite simply because those signings didn't come off. However, at the time they signed United fans were excited and I don't remember too many, if any, complaints about the fee paid for ADM, the rumoured wages you were paying Falcao, and the moving on of several academy products (Granted, Welbeck's sale did generate a few muted grumblings). There were even banners at Old Trafford referencing LVG's Galacticos.

As for City, I think you'll be surprised over the next few years because while there will certainly be big money signings, I can see Guardiola promoting a good number of academy products to the first team as well.

Red Bug

The major players in English football now are Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City and Man Utd. Then in the tier below that we have Liverpool, Spurs, Everton. Then there's the rest.

That's my view on it anyway. Like I mentioned in the Aubamayang thread, money is the biggest deciding factor in football now and Man City have loads of it.

I personally welcome the challenge, I love how unpredictable our league is compared to the likes of Bundesliga, Serie A and La Liga.

sammyvine

The major players in English football now are Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City and Man Utd. Then in the tier below that we have Liverpool, Spurs, Everton. Then there's the rest.

That's my view on it anyway. Like I mentioned in the Aubamayang thread, money is the biggest deciding factor in football now and Man City have loads of it.

I personally welcome the challenge, I love how unpredictable our league is compared to the likes of Bundesliga, Serie A and La Liga.
How are Spurs tier below when they finished 3rd?

sammyvine

Which tier would you place Leicester in?
I would put them first going by last season but if they keep losing their players then obviously they will drop down a tier
It depends on what context your talking about as well

namco

That's literally my point. They're a better club than us right now, not a bigger one. It would take decades for them to match what we've done to become the size of the club we are now. The facilities/youth system/money makes them a BETTER club, not a bigger.
Don't get caught up in all the hype about Sports Science centers & Training Academies. It's true City have done well at youth level but it's a massive step up from the youth setup to the first team. It's been a few years & they have very little coming through, evidenced by the cup game at Chelsea. If there was any real talent there why spend £70 Mill on 2 dud CB's. Many City fans seem to think that Pep's arrival is going to coincide with a class of 92 situation. I'd be very surprised if any player was promoted from the youth team & becomes a mainstay during Peps tenure.

Don't fear them ,but don't try and belittle them because to try and do so is small minded and embarrassing instead respect them then beat them and establish ourselves back as the number 1 club in manchester
I don't think any football fan can respect City. If they had built themselves up & become a force then fair enough. We wouldn't like it but we couldn't say they hadn't worked for it & didn't deserve it. As it is they have latched onto a petro dollar playboy & are now permanently reliant on him propping them up.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Don't get caught up in all the hype about Sports Science centers & Training Academies. It's true City have done well at youth level but it's a massive step up from the youth setup to the first team. It's been a few years & they have very little coming through, evidenced by the cup game at Chelsea. If there was any real talent there why spend £70 Mill on 2 dud CB's. Many City fans seem to think that Pep's arrival is going to coincide with a class of 92 situation. I'd be very surprised if any player was promoted from the youth team & becomes a mainstay during Peps tenure.
A few years since what? City's state of the art training complex only opened last year. As good as the facilities are, City can't alter the space-time continuum. The kids need to age normally ;)

That Chelsea game taught us nothing about City's youngsters. Chelsea played a first team, City fielded a team of kids with a couple of senior players in the mix. From what I've read, City are blowing U13-U17 age groups away. That doesn't mean they're immediately read to go toe to toe with a practically full strength Chelsea side. Give it time.

namco

City's state of the art training complex only opened last year. As good as the facilities are, City can't alter the space-time continuum. The kids need to age normally ;)

That Chelsea game taught us nothing about City's youngsters. Chelsea played a first team, City fielded a team of kids with a couple of senior players in the mix. From what I've read, City are blowing U13-U17 age groups away. That doesn't mean they're immediately read to go toe to toe with a practically full strength Chelsea side. Give it time.
It's been 8 years since the takeover. They must have signed some players in the 17-20 age group in this time. It's logical to think that some of these would have started getting consistent time in the first team. If City were full of Galacticos then fair enough, you wouldn't drop Ronaldo for a prospect. The fact is though that there are alot of poor players in the City team.

Chelsea were a mid table team this year with very little desire or fight. They were in effect there for the taking. City were very lucky not to have been beaten 7 or 8 nil.

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City

I don't think any football fan can respect City. If they had built themselves up & become a force then fair enough. We wouldn't like it but we couldn't say they hadn't worked for it & didn't deserve it. As it is they have latched onto a petro dollar playboy & are now permanently reliant on him propping them up.
"Permanently reliant". I think you need to wake up and realise this is 2016, not 2008. But then you were peddling that same line down in the newbies so I'm not in the least bit surprised.

Congratulations on getting promoted by the way ;)

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
A few years since what? City's state of the art training complex only opened last year. As good as the facilities are, City can't alter the space-time continuum. The kids need to age normally ;)

Chelsea's youth teams have been smashing it for an age now, and they never hit the senior team.

Maybe City will do better, though.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Well Michael Keane and Nick Powell both went out on loan. Tom Lawrence was sold to Leicester. Of the senior players that had come through the ranks, Cleverley was loaned out (later sold) and of course Welbeck was sold to Arsenal. Januzaj and Lingard were loaned out the following transfer window.

The only reason why Di Maria and Falcao left so quickly is quite simply because those signings didn't come off. However, at the time they signed United fans were excited and I don't remember too many, if any, complaints about the fee paid for ADM, the rumoured wages you were paying Falcao, and the moving on of several academy products (Granted, Welbeck's sale did generate a few muted grumblings). There were even banners at Old Trafford referencing LVG's Galacticos.

As for City, I think you'll be surprised over the next few years because while there will certainly be big money signings, I can see Guardiola promoting a good number of academy products to the first team as well.

What? There was all out mutiny from half the Forum! :lol: There were several suicides, and death threats against Woodwoodwood.

A few muted rumblings indeed!

I jest, of course, but I would say that half the Forum did rumble and it wasn't muted.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Take your discussion elsewhere you fecking knobsocks. This thread is for laughing at them.