Bluemoon goes into Meltdown

justsomebloke

After such a gratifying result, I suppose we really shouldn't begrudge them the privilege to engage in their favorite pastime. We all know there's nothing they love better than feeling victimised and hard done by. Projection, probably - deep down, they know they deserve it.

Fitchett

The fact that Akanji stopped running is totally on him. You play to the whistle. If he had closed Rashford down and Rashford got between him playing the ball it would have been offside but he gave up.
Exactly. If Akanji had played to the whistle, as any 8 year old would tell you, he would have forced Rashford to play the ball, instead of allowing an onside player, Fernandes, to run through, get the first touch and score.

Last edited:

Ricardo de la Vega

Exactly. If Akanji had played to the whistle, as any 8 year old would tell you, he would have forced Rashford to play the ball, instead of allowing an onside player, Fernandes, to run through, get the first touch and score.
Problem was Ederson was playing to the whistle and closed Rashfords shooting angle down rather than Brunos. Look, I love it and all...but it was offside.

MIC_FIN

Supports
United Away Games
Self entitled plastic wankers. Irrelevant before oil money.

Wasn't offside. Was a goal. Ends there.

Wheato

Problem was Ederson was playing to the whistle and closed Rashfords shooting angle down rather than Brunos. Look, I love it and all...but it was offside.
Just watched a ref on TV explaining the definition of interfering with play.

* Blocking the line of site of the goalkeeper.
* Physical contact with an opposition player (whilst not touching the ball)

Rashford did neither of those things. He didn't touch the defenders or the ball, and when Bruno struck the shot, Rashford was behind him, so Ederson had a clear line of sight. Neither of those defenders were able to stop the ball reaching Bruno, as they had moved up to play the offside trap. So regardless of who they were tracking, they weren't getting to that ball before Bruno hit it. Walker actually realised that Rashford hadn't touched it, which is why he is desperately trying to block the shot.

Member 101269

what is this rumour of an alleged incident in the tunnel city v ref on Stretford paddock?

SuperiorXI

Just watched a ref on TV explaining the definition of interfering with play.

* Blocking the line of site of the goalkeeper.
* Physical contact with an opposition player (whilst not touching the ball)

Rashford did neither of those things. He didn't touch the defenders or the ball, and when Bruno struck the shot, Rashford was behind him, so Ederson had a clear line of sight. Neither of those defenders were able to stop the ball reaching Bruno, as they had moved up to play the offside trap. So regardless of who they were tracking, they weren't getting to that ball before Bruno hit it. Walker actually realised that Rashford hadn't touched it, which is why he is desperately trying to block the shot.

Yeah pretty much this. I don't understand the controversy surrounding this goal. If you watch it back, factor in how the ball is moving, it is very obvious that even if Rashford is or isn't there, the outcome would be the same. Their defenders weren't getting to the ball and the goalie would be positioned the same.

sugar_kane

Akanji’s point was that his own position on the pitch was affected by Rashford, as they were holding the line to play him offside.

Maybe so, but if we extend that logic then Rashford could have been stood by the corner flag and theoretically by extension still impacted where everyone decided to position themselves.

You have to draw the line somewhere and you have to have hard rules about whether an offside player is interfering with play or not, in this case we didn’t break any of them so they can feck off.

The referees deserve credit for applying the rule correctly, even if instinctively it feels wrong.

NiceGuyEddie

Really that seems hard to believe and really commendable I guess if it's true.

It's a difficult one with City fans I know 2 in particular one a real genuine City fan all his life for like fifty years or so and it's hard for me to knock his joy now at what's happening . It's like begrudging someone you know for winning the lotto

The other fan though is the same age as the first yet never had any interest in football at all till City won their first league with the money. Now he's going over to watch them is in the fan club and talks absolute rubbish about them all day long slagging everyone off when they win a match

He's a guy you wish a piano would fall on though his huge head would probably absolve any impact
Funny that, I also know a bloke who's a lifelong, die-hard City fan, even when they were shite he never stopped flying the flag for them. Also has the hallmarks of a typical City supporter (not too bright, psychotic tendencies, no sense of humour). Never once heard him mention a conspiracy against his team by the FA or media though.

And then there's the cretin I know who always maintained he didn't really support any one team, but came crawling out of the woodwork and bought his first football top as soon as the weather was looking fair for City. Always banging on about biased refs. Makes a big thing about the "history" of the club and posts memorials on FB when a virtually unknown former player passes away, which nobody interacts with. Then acts sad about it in the pub, despite having no idea who the deceased bloke was earlier that morning.

Member 101269

They did mention something about the tunnel when Pep was interviewed on MOTD but he didn't refer to it in his answer and it wasn't brought up again.
I did notice it was mentioned on MOTD i wondered whether pizza was involved

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Akanji’s point was that his own position on the pitch was affected by Rashford, as they were holding the line to play him offside.

Maybe so, but if we extend that logic then Rashford could have been stood by the corner flag and theoretically by extension still impacted where everyone decided to position themselves.

You have to draw the line somewhere and you have to have hard rules about whether an offside player is interfering with play or not, in this case we didn’t break any of them so they can feck off.

The referees deserve credit for applying the rule correctly, even if instinctively it feels wrong.
Exactly. I remember the one in the 2017 FA Cup final between Chelsea and Arsenal, where Alexis Sanchez scored around Ramsay who was offside. It was given for the same reason.

If you start basing offside around how anyone in an offside position could be influencing play, you just go back to the situation in the 90s.

If Akanji is so confident that Rashford is offside, maybe he should have checked his left shoulder and tried to see if there was another United player onside who would go on to influence play. Effectively what City's doing is blaming the referee for their poor decisions.

You play the game to the whistle. Just because the player in front of you offside it doesn't mean that you have nobody else to defend. If Akanji just scans after seeing Rashford is offside he can easily move to block Bruno's run. He's blaming the referee for switching off when, really, its on him.

Wheato

Rashford didn't touch the ball to be ruled offside.
And by the rules of the game, he didn't didn't interfere with play. (Didn't block the keepers line of sight or stop Akanji from intercepting the ball)
Akanji was focused on Rashford, because he thought he'd played him offside by stepping up. Bruno was onside.

People are now saying that by the rules of the game, the goal should stand, but not morally.

So by the same token, is it moral for defenders to step up and play the offside trap? It's all the same thing, trying to trick the opposition. They are just sore because Bruno outsmarted them within the laws of the game.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I think the win would have been far less enjoyable if it hadn't come with a jammy goal. feck City and their high horse riding hypocrite of a manager.

lsd

The Oracle
Funny that, I also know a bloke who's a lifelong, die-hard City fan, even when they were shite he never stopped flying the flag for them. Also has the hallmarks of a typical City supporter (not too bright, psychotic tendencies, no sense of humour). Never once heard him mention a conspiracy against his team by the FA or media though.

And then there's the cretin I know who always maintained he didn't really support any one team, but came crawling out of the woodwork and bought his first football top as soon as the weather was looking fair for City. Always banging on about biased refs. Makes a big thing about the "history" of the club and posts memorials on FB when a virtually unknown former player passes away, which nobody interacts with. Then acts sad about it in the pub, despite having no idea who the deceased bloke was earlier that morning.

Sounds like the same bloke. The guy I knew was buying player autobiographies of former players and trying to get me to read them.

I would tell him I don't need to read them as I actually know who the player was and saw him play unlike you

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool

They were quite happy with this loophole, two faced twats.
It's not as though City fans have any concept of hypocrisy. They still cry about the 'bus incident' while having a huge blindspot on their own behaviour of the West Ham bus they absolutely battered.

Now they're crying about loopholes that go against them.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Gary said City will end first, United second, Arsenal third...

Shows what he knows about the game. What gives him any idea that Arsenal will fold? And 3rd? They have no distractions. Rags are overachieving. Arsenal are playing with confidence and style. They will stroll it, us second
He is trying to big Man Utd and by still making us favourites makes there achievements greater . Anyone who thinks the way we are playing football that we will win the title is deluded and if will take seismic movement from us to even compete for the title .
Exactly! His tiny little button mushroom dick is twitching because he thinks the rags are going to finish above us and he can make it out as an even bigger achievement as he thought we were going to win the league. to all those that covered him in ale that day I salute you!
Neville is simply the biggest gobshite in football bar none by some considerable distance.
I don’t agree with you on that ,
Spit the Scouse must take credit for being #1 gobshite and gobber !!
United are between 12 & 16-1 to win the league. Worth an £100 insurance bet? After Saturday literally anything is possible.
PGMOL likes this
I wouldn't put money on the rags to win if it was a match between their first and second teams with Stuart Atwell refereeing.
Ha ha i think Arsenal will have a slump at some point and United are shit but it’s a weird season where lots of points will go their way especially with PiGMOL in their back pocket.
He will have a change of heart when arsenal destroy the rags on Sunday
yeah I reckon this will happen for sure
Heard his comments. But don’t take anything he says seriously. He’s a rag why would he not get behind his team .
Just think, every time somebody scores against us or beats us he’s jumping around in ecstasy thinking ‘Take that you dirty Blue nosed bastards’, and that’s just while he’s commentating.

PS. He’s still a knobhead!
He obviously hasn’t been watching us this season if that is what he thinks, we will struggle to stay in the top four on current form.

No Idea For Nickname

Anyone Being “Lectured “ By Armchair Rags After Last Weekend ? thread

Unbearable clowns . The utter shite they are coming out with .
Just laugh at the cnuts..
Fickle feckers have found their Sharp shirts again...
Soon be back in the closet after they have lost a couple of games
The Tesco bags & Zebra print pants will be out ready for the the Glazer's out, storm the ground protest, quicker than you can say Jack Frost once they lose a few games
They're BACK. They do this every season after winning a handful of games. Lets see where they are at the end of the season.
Utd fans lecturing me? Not happening anytime soon
Blocked around around half a dozen on my social media . Non of them have ever been to game in their life and now Ten Hag is a better manager than Pep and Rashford is better than Haaland etc etc . Absolute numb cnuts of the highest order the absolute state of them .
I've been lecutred by a few on how it was actually onside, they explained in detial and genuinely believed themselves
Unreal how they think and utterly desperate
I had 4 or 5 crawl out of the woodwork in my local. They tried.

I 'corrected' them
I had one at work who has never mentioned football in the year he has been with us.
I just walked away
Most are fair weather supporters.
They’ve been hibernating for the last 10 years.
One sniff of going above us and suddenly they’re pumping out their chests.
All it shows is what a fickle bunch they are.
Laugh at the glory hunting cnuts.
A couple of armchair plastics tried to be clever, put straight back in their box when they tried the usual bollocks.

One used a Drogba offside not given as an example of how they sometimes don't get decisions.
Had to remind him that it was 2010 and we are now in 2023!

Another started getting giddy banging on about having new owners in the summer, told him investors would look to clubs they can pick up for a lot less and used Newcastle as an example.
Used the "Biggest Club in the World" analogy, I responded by saying in whose world and asked what criteria this was measured by after which Raggy made a very sharp exit
I made a raggy friend a couple of months ago, season ticket holder who like me now lives 90 mins or so from Manchester etc. We tend to talk about previous football days as it's less likely to cause a barney.

Didn't realise he was 'one of them' when we first met in the local but have now become amazingly, especially for me with a rag pretty good friends. He was laughing a few weeks ago when I bought him a pint when I said that's the first beer I've bought a rag in 25+ years.

Anyway saw him yesterday and thought this will be a test of our new relationship....he agreed the first goal was a disgrace and the second could have been disallowed as well. Apart from the even itself out rubbish over the season line if was a very nice surprise.

Still waiting for our penalty after the final whistle thou
Yeh, I’ve got about 10 close mates who are Rags and I’m the only one who went to the game. cnuts. Maybe I need to choose my friends more carefully
Got it from a guy working on the till in Sainsbury’s yesterday! Never knew he liked football, never mind was a United fan! I have only been talking to him for about 4 years, to be fair!
Nope, most have said they’re embarrassed by it, tbf though most of the united fans I know (only a handful) are pretty fair and balanced.
They were similar when we lost 2-3 having been 2-0 up when Atkinson was in charge a few years ago, saying they’d love him every week if that performance was anything to go by.

No Idea For Nickname

Spurs next..

Oh goody! Cant wait for spurs to do the exact same as the rags today and hit us on the break for 2 goals Whilst we complete 879 passes in the middle third.

were desperate for stones or dias back.
Obviously Kane will score. No point marking him as usual
Bogey team of all bogey teams, has Pep ever lost 3in a row?
3-1 to Spurs, Son who's been average this season will turn into Messi as usual against us.
We are going to have at least 70% possession. But most likely a draw or a loss. But who cares, anyway? It's all about extra passes.
Brilliant, 1970's Brazil are turning up after getting shafted!
2-0 City, Haaland & Mahrez to score. No drama
City 1 - VAR 2
Spurs to win 3-2 with a shot count of 25/4 in our favour
I don't think we have it in us too have that many shots anymore
Let's be honest the standard is that bad a shot on target in each half is a big improvement
Our hopes lie with Walker taking long pots
The muppet who was in goal for France will turn in his performance of the season.
No doubt Son is going to turn up and play like the real Ronaldo...
Hopefully Pep remembers we have bought the best striker in the world.
Drop Foden. He’s been a disgrace since the World Cup.
I almost want Pep to just try and expose that ruling as much as possible on Thursday, make a point. Have Haaland stand offside at least for the 1st half. Have him obstruct Lloris as much as possible whilst not 'physically' getting involved.

Show the ruling for what it is
Think the carnival is over and the rags are back (with a sensible manager)

Pep and his 40 assistants can't come up with a Plan B

No wingers No Haaland
No LB for over 30 years but hey sign another CB
KDB/Gundogan getting old and slow Bernardo wants to go to Barca
Grealish is the biggest square peg I've seen in a team of round holes.AND he's no winger not fast enough.
Foden not allowed to play freely Palmer gone backwards
Ederson saves nothing.
Stones 3 games on the trot then injured for 3 games.

Not to mention Peps rotation policy resulting in everyone's fit but confused as to when/where they play.

Only good news is the demise of Liverpool & Chelsea BUT they have CL wins to harp back on.
£68 for the cheapest ticket.
For an adult, £45 for under and 18 £55 for over 65.
If I was a betting man I would put money on Spurs to win, Spurs to score over 1 and Son to score. I very rarely feel like we're going to lose a game but I don't see us winning at the moment.
so more hoof it and run against us thursday night doesnt bode well
thats how rags played and this lot are same
Kevin DeBruyne absent from training
Could be a blessing in disguise.
Hopefully a long holiday for him to get himself right
Kdb being out isn't the end of the world, we seem to play pretty well when he is missing
We really need to win this as the scum will be 2 points clear after tomorrow night

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

I love reading some of their made up stories about encounters with United fans :lol:

Coming up next on 'Things That Didn't Happen', we'll hear a City fan's tale about how a United fan approached him in Tesco being all smug about the 2-1 win. Needless to say, the City fan put him in his place by reminding him that City's net spend last summer was significantly lower than United's net spend... the United fan was then left gobsmacked as the City fan did 3 celebratory backflips and promptly left Tesco whilst receiving a round of applause from the entire supermarket.

Reactions: Penna

Wheato

I love reading some of their made up stories about encounters with United fans :lol:

Coming up next on 'Things That Didn't Happen', we'll hear a City fan's tale about how a United fan approached him in Tesco being all smug about the 2-1 win. Needless to say, the City fan put him in his place by reminding him that City's net spend last summer was significantly lower than United's net spend... the United fan was then left gobsmacked as the City fan did 3 celebratory backflips and promptly left Tesco whilst receiving a round of applause from the entire supermarket.
Bertie wrote

"Met this Rag at the bus stop this morning, he was wearing a full zebra kit, despite it snowing in Stockport. Had a big grin on face when he saw my City hat. I enquired if he had something to say. Turned out he wasn't even from Manchester, the cockney cnut. He said, "Manchester is red." I asked him if he could find Manchester on a map, and all the people at the bus stop starting laughing, then the bus came and he stepped into a massive puddle, and his zebra shorts fell down and everyone cheered, including the bus driver who drove off without letting him get on. Proper made my day it did."

Liked by Kaz7, LongsightM13, Prestwich Blue, Tolmies Hairdoo

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Haaland is an issue for them, he's undroppable and the whole team has to be built around him, which is a sea change from how they have played previously. It was interesting to see him dropping deeper yesterday and do a short interchange of passes with the CB's, pointless action, but it's potentially him and the team changing their approach.

Pep has certainly got his work cut out to get the best out of the team, i'm sure they'll come back in full force in time, but there's some work to do to piece it together.
All Pep has to do is tell them to pass the bloody ball to him, City failed to pass to him numerous times when pretty much every other team in the PL would have tried, he could have been 1 on 1 with De Gea 7-8 times with relatively simple passes

Wheato

All Pep has to do is tell them to pass the bloody ball to him, City failed to pass to him numerous times when pretty much every other team in the PL would have tried, he could have been 1 on 1 with De Gea 7-8 times with relatively simple passes
Not that simple, we were cutting off the passes, not allowing them the time to play risky balls and lose possession. Pep is all about possession, which is why they had to turn back and re-start the move using the back 4. Ten Hag did his homework and targeted their creative players, and smothering any potential attacks. Other managers will be taking note of this blueprint, because he has shown the rest of the PL how to set up against City.

Gasolin

Not that simple, we were cutting off the passes, not allowing them the time to play risky balls and lose possession. Pep is all about possession, which is why they had to turn back and re-start the move using the back 4. Ten Hag did his homework and targeted their creative players, and smothering any potential attacks. Other managers will be taking note of this blueprint, because he has shown the rest of the PL how to set up against City.
Let's hope so, managers of other teams don't seem to be willing to try against City in general so.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Bertie wrote

"Met this Rag at the bus stop this morning, he was wearing a full zebra kit, despite it snowing in Stockport. Had a big grin on face when he saw my City hat. I enquired if he had something to say. Turned out he wasn't even from Manchester, the cockney cnut. He said, "Manchester is red." I asked him if he could find Manchester on a map, and all the people at the bus stop starting laughing, then the bus came and he stepped into a massive puddle, and his zebra shorts fell down and everyone cheered, including the bus driver who drove off without letting him get on. Proper made my day it did."

Liked by Kaz7, LongsightM13, Prestwich Blue, Tolmies Hairdoo
"I was in the gym, benchpressing 100kg as I always do, when some Rag walked over, tapped me on the shoulder and tried explaining to me that Rashford actually wasn't interfering with play. He thought he'd won the argument and walked over to the rowing machine to start his workout. Shortly afterwards, I started distracting him by jumping over the rowing machine, he took his earphones out and asked me 'what the hell are you doing?!'... I quipped back with: 'judging by your logic mate, I'm not interfering with what you're doing'. A group of guys around us burst into laughter and patted me on the back. 5 minutes later, the Rag left the gym out of embarrassment".

Wheato

"I was in the gym, benchpressing 100kg as I always do, when some Rag walked over, tapped me on the shoulder and tried explaining to me that Rashford actually wasn't interfering with play. He thought he'd won the argument and walked over to the rowing machine to start his workout. Shortly afterwards, I started distracting him by jumping over the rowing machine, he took his earphones out and asked me 'what the hell are you doing?!'... I quipped back with: 'judging by your logic mate, I'm not interfering with what you're doing'. A group of guys around us burst into laughter and patted me on the back. 5 minutes later, the Rag left the gym out of embarrassment".
"Was driving the fork lift at work, and the shift leader who is an armchair rag, put up this big MUFC flag up at the office window. He's never been to a match in his life, dunt even come from Manchester. He's from Warrington, near London. He was giving it the Billy Big Bollix in the canteen. He chirped up, "Have they found Haaland yet, he's been missing since Saturday." Quick as a flash I said, "How the fcuk would you know? The last time you set foot inside Old Trafford, Remi Moses was ankle deep in a swamp. And Martin Edwards was peeping under toilet cubicles." Everyone in the canteen cheered and he sloped off back to his office with his tail between his legs. Haven't seen him since."

Red the Bear

Something less generic
At this point it's not too far from what's posted there.

bringbackbebe

Spurs next..

Kevin DeBruyne absent from training

They seem to have less respect for their players than we do for theirs. Reminds me of some posters in redcafe during our glory days - who'd foul mouth our players at every bad result. Corrupt with success aren't they?

Kaos

The fake stories are hilarious, even funnier than the songs they come up with at RAWK.

Also the gall of them to call us plastics :lol:

No Idea For Nickname

Whoever came up with that phrase ‘Manchester is red’ needs to be given a life time prison sentence. There’s thousands of them all over Facebook posting this shit from their non Manchester postcodes
Indeed , imagine the cnuts winning tonight……
A guy who doesn't like football and admitted he'd been to one game (City v Leipzig 6-3 and he couldn't recall any of it except Grealish scoring) asked if I'd had a good weekend and had I watched the football?
A quick "fck off" was my answer with a few other expletives!

Some guy is having birthday same day as Licha!

Happy birthday to the best manager (of the best club) in the world.
Bald **** you’ve aged me after Saturday
Nah, that was Atwell’s and Oliver’s doing.
Pep keeps you young! ;-)

Today’s the anniversary of a game where Middlesbrough wore MUFC shirts for a League game with MCFC. The full story with photos and video is free to read here:

Middlesbrough Lose to City Wearing Utd’s Shirts!
Here's a story I've told often but I still see it incorrectly reported on occasion. It's the tale of the 1980s game when Middlesbrough played Manchester City at Maine Road wearing Manchester United's shirts.
Do you remember the day? I’m keen to hear from fans who do. If you do please get in touch
I was a ball boy that day my one and only first team 'appearance', didn't have a clue that Boro were wearing that shite at the time
Spurs fans will pay £30 for their tickets, but you are a City fan standing in the next block to them, you will pay £68.
I looked at buying a ticket for this game but when I saw the price I thought no way, so I will watch it at home on Sky TV.
Tbf, that’s pretty much the same for every Premier League game regardless. Agree that it’s bullshit though. All prices should be capped at £30 imo, not just away tickets.
Is there enough spectator demand to warrant an extension ? Decent attendancies but many matches the stadium is not full. Just asking.
Fair point but we've sold out every game so far this season. If this stand can help create a noisy atmosphere then the demand will be greater because of it. Just needs City to listen to what the fans want
Last season we allowed people to defer their season tickets for a year if they didn’t feel safe (or if they had been suffering after effects of…) around Covid.

This season every game has been a sell-out and full.
If a stadium is ever full, it means it’s too small and more tickets could be sold.
Even if that means some games are not full after an expansion and there are fluctuations in attendances (like what used to happen in the 1930s-70s where one week there’d by 35,000 at Maine Road and the next week 65,000, then 12,500 for a Wednesday afternoon game, then 75,000 on the Saturday…). That’s fine.
The average home attendance when we won the league in 1967/8 was only 36,000, with 63,000 in for the Manchester Derby, and some games in the twenties.
All clubs were similar including United ,Liverpool, Arsenal etc. Its since the Premier League that attendances have peaked ! It's a myth that the historically big clubs have had huge support due to their successful history !
To be fair a Thursday night game, that’s not sold out. Surely Mancunians are the ideal people to sell the tickets to..
The ticket prices for this game are scandalous and are pricing out the people who would usually buy these tickets
I bet loads of City fans who live in and around Manchester have looked at buying a ticket for the match, looked at the ticket prices and thought f*ck that?
100% that’s the case. It makes no sense. Why not price them at say £35. We’d sell the tickets and more people would have access to the game. The ground would be full and the atmosphere would probably be better, which will only help the team.

There’s thousands of locals fans who are on average incomes who only go to cheap games. Bring them back for this.

we need to attract fans back (season tickets) to fill an extended ground regularly. They aren’t going to come back with these prices.