Brendan Rodgers was once the manager of Liverpool Football Club...

ZDwyr

His defence is a mess but I am not sure it can be just put down the the CBs. Mignolet is just a calamity waiting to happen back there. Imagine playing in-front of him and trying to worry just about your own game? He constantly makes errors that you have to worry about him almost as much as the opposition's striker. Rodgers should have upgraded there in the summer IMO.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Sack Brendan Rodgers fund

"Rodgers is shit Fire him."

"I'm sorry brendan, I used to love you. But my heart knows patience closer to life than Rooney's wife. I shop for Klopp"

"It's the time to bring KLOPP! Let's do it LFC Fans, help us save our club"

:lol: The fundraiser must be having a laugh. Free money.

Riz

His defence is a mess but I am not sure it can be just put down the the CBs. Mignolet is just a calamity waiting to happen back there. Imagine playing in-front of him and trying to worry just about your own game? He constantly makes errors that you have to worry about him almost as much as the opposition's striker. Rodgers should have upgraded there in the summer IMO.
It's all a mess. I'm not sure how Mignolet is still their undisputed number 1 considering there was strong talk of a new goalkeeper back in January let alone over the summer. The centre back options are pretty grim with Skrtel being the best of the bunch, that says a lot. Left back they're stuck between playing Moreno who's defedning isn't up to scratch or an 18 year old who at this stage in his career is heavily reliant on his right foot. Clyne is head and shoulders their best defender and he hasn't exactly pulled up trees so far.

eggwithsideburns

He looks like he is made of wax, someone should hold a hairdryer close to his head and his face might melt.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
My god, he looks terrifying and completely mental in that pic. Loose canon waiting to go off...

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I'll hate it if they bring Klopp, not only because he's a good manager but also because I like his character.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I'll hate it if they bring Klopp, not only because he's a good manager but also because I like his character.
Same here. One of the most likeable characters in football currently, I'm praying he never joins Liverpool, but think it's a real possibility.

Thoraximus

Latin for deep throat
I agree, really like him.
If they bring in Klopp, I honestly think give it 1-2 years with him and they'll start challenging.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
I reckon they'll try and go for Gary Monk or Koeman.

Klopp is a consideration but for some reason I think he has his eyes on the Bayern job after Guardiola or Arsenal when Wenger retires.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I'm guessing you don't mind Liverpool then?
They're just another club for me. Chelsea and Cardiff are the only two clubs in the English footballing pyramid i have an issue with Cardiff more so. Plus, while i'll acknowledge the wonderful job he did at Dortmund i do feel Klopp is a tad overrated on here.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I think, at this point, Klopp is almost a certainty to be the next Bayern manager after Guardiola leaves in May.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I reckon they'll try and go for Gary Monk or Koeman.

Klopp is a consideration but for some reason I think he has his eyes on the Bayern job after Guardiola or Arsenal when Wenger retires.
Koeman's a good shout for them - attainable and would do a good job. Think he'd be able to get far more out that squad than Rodgers too.

Long live Brentan.

manutddjw

Why would Klopp take the Liverpool job?

After his spell at Dortmund he has to be very careful about which job he takes or he can end up like AVB who was also a darling of fans and was seen as someone who'll be the next great manager.

Liverpool is a tough place to be a manager. With their history they demand success, but they don't have the resources or pull outside of England that the top 4 clubs above them have. It will be Dortmund all over again for Klopp, who'll have to settle for the best of the rest or if he gets lucky and unearths a worldie he'll lose him to someone bigger.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout

After his spell at Dortmund he has to be very careful about which job he takes or he can end up like AVB who was also a darling of fans and was seen as someone who'll be the next great manager.

Liverpool is a tough place to be a manager. With their history they demand success, but they don't have the resources or pull outside of England that the top 4 clubs above them have. It will be Dortmund all over again for Klopp, who'll have to settle for the best of the rest or if he gets lucky and unearths a worldie he'll lose him to someone bigger.
I believe he's a bit of a romantic and the history of Liverpool might have an appeal, for him. I'm hoping I'm wrong and given some of the posts on here presenting him as a certainty for the Bayern job, looks like I am!

prath92

They're just another club for me. Chelsea and Cardiff are the only two clubs in the English footballing pyramid i have an issue with Cardiff more so. Plus, while i'll acknowledge the wonderful job he did at Dortmund i do feel Klopp is a tad overrated on here.
Klopp is overrated for sure but he would be perfect for Liverpool in a way. In my honest opinion, Klopp is looking for bayern and guardiola at city or United.

Cristiano Jonaldo

Lawyer Here!
I actually think Klopp would bomb at Liverpool. His last year at Dortmund was weird and inexcusable. Top managers don't usually have a season that bad, which is why we all know Chelsea's blip will be over in a few matches.

Someone

Something
Rodgers is weird, but where they have finished last season and where they'll finish this one is just about their level, this isn't a squad capable of maintaining a top 4 finish year in year out.

Liverpool need serious investment, new owners i think, i know people will point to the money spent, but they keep losing their best players and can't attract any top class ones, eventually it catches up with you, and right now there're 4 or 5 times with better squads.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I believe he's a bit of a romantic and the history of Liverpool might have an appeal, for him. I'm hoping I'm wrong and given some of the posts on here presenting him as a certainty for the Bayern job, looks like I am!
While I agree with your assessment of Klopp, I'd also add that he's probably not going to go somewhere with little to no hope of Champions league football.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout

At Dortmund, Klopp also had the luxury of choosing from bright German talents coming through. The best English talent is already at the top four clubs, and given the drop in the homegrown quality from Germany to England, it will be harder for him to emulate what he did there.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Frank De Boer would be perfect for them, and they've tried to hire him in the past. Liverpool have a young squad (kinda), and he is a young manager who will help build them up on a budget. The Eredivisie is no Premier League, but he has played no small part in delivering silverware and re-igniting their youth setup, something that could be used as a blueprint for Liverpool; while acquitting himself well in Europe given the squad at his disposal. Hope he doesn't join them though, has a fairly likeable personality that will be wasted on this shower. Maybe Rodgers will keep them there and thereabouts in the hunt for Europea League qualification, and get a well deserved long term contract extension. That would be swell. ERAP!

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Young Lallana is slowly starting to fulfill his potential.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
If Liverpool come asking, with a propability of 90% Klopp will take the job. The image of Liverpool is amazing in Germany and its basically considered as the english equivalent of Dortmund. Ticks all the boxes for Klopp, really.
Bayern won't go for him after Guardiola, not as long as this board is still in charge.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
If Liverpool come asking, with a propability of 90% Klopp will take the job. The image of Liverpool is amazing in Germany and its basically considered as the english equivalent of Dortmund. Ticks all the boxes for Klopp, really.
Bayern won't go for him after Guardiola, not as long as this board is still in charge.
If you don't mind me asking, how did you calculate this?