Brentan Rodgers

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Neviller

:lol: Fair enough.
:lol: He does seem to like to play football the right way, so my opinion on that hasn't changed, but he's now Liverpool manager. I have no desire to see Liverpool play nice football or be successful, so I now hope he fails in everything he tries to do, until he gets sacked for not being fat, Spanish or a waiter.

KGBhoy

They had one pretty good game under him. Against City. If anything, they should be looking at 2 games they had and 1 point. One game was at home.
I think Liverpool will look an improved side compared to last year, but the media are making it sound as if Liverpool reinvented something here.
The fall from grace could be painful.

Suedesi

Two pages of complimenting Rogers while Swansea manager, two games at Liverpool and the "vomit-inducing" shite starts.
It's vomit-inducing, because Liverpool didn't play like Barcelona yesterday. The media have already crafted a narrative about BR, regardless of the facts.

Nogbadthebad

It's vomit-inducing, because Liverpool didn't play like Barcelona yesterday. The media have already crafted a narrative about BR, regardless of the facts.
Neither did swansea.

Allen/Sterling/Shelvey aside, they really didnt try to play the short passing game at all.

Like last year, they only looked really dangerous from set pieces, the strikers couldnt hit a barn door with a banjo in open play, and Reina is looking worse by the week.

The real difference, for me, between last years team and yesterdays one, is that with Boroni (sort of) and Sterling, they had pace on the wings, when last year they had downing and kuyt, kuyt was past it and downing couldnt pass a parcel, never mind a full back.

M'n'M

"Keane will be awesome alongside Torres."
So did I and I think the exact opposite of what some are suggesting here that we should be more worreid about 1 point in 6.

Nobody at Liverpool is in denial that we are at the start of a rebuilding process (yes I know, another one!) and if any thinks we should be playing at the level we want to be at after only 2 games then they need their head read.

The signs are good that's all I'll say for now. There were a lot of young players out there yesterday and they did well.

I agree the whole "tikataka barca style shite" is annoying for me too but that is the meeja and they are cnuts all round. We can't help that.

M'n'M

They certainly tried to keep it neat and tidy, "sadly" they just don't have the quality to pull it off.
I'm hoping you'll be surprised. Swansea managed to keep it neat and tidy with a front 6 of Allen, Britton, Dyer, Sinclair, Gilfi & Graham. I'm pretty sure there is a tad more all-round quality in our front 6.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Liverpool were decent but Mancini was cowardly/over-cautious - I had the impression that City played for the draw.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
So did I and I think the exact opposite of what some are suggesting here that we should be more worreid about 1 point in 6.

Nobody at Liverpool is in denial that we are at the start of a rebuilding process
(yes I know, another one!) and if any thinks we should be playing at the level we want to be at after only 2 games then they need their head read.

The signs are good that's all I'll say for now. There were a lot of young players out there yesterday and they did well.

I agree the whole "tikataka barca style shite" is annoying for me too but that is the meeja and they are cnuts all round. We can't help that.
Apparently many fellas on a certain forum aren't at all

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
They were improved but City missed Aguro and Silva..who even when he did come on late was out of sorts.

Otherwise City would have won.
It seems to me that Aguero was the difference between City two seasons ago making the top 4 and last season winning the league. And when he was out last season, IIRC, City struggled. As good as Silva is, I think they missed Aguero much more against Liverpool.

RK

Don't think you can read anything into a Liverpool match versus teams they wish they were rivalling for the title.

It's the same every year, weak mentality. They can't win unless they don't expect to.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
I don't think yesterday was a good way to judge his liverpool team. Liverpool always raise their games against big teams at Anfield, regardless of their manager. They always seem to be on steroids in terms of their work rate.

M'n'M

Don't think you can read anything into a Liverpool match versus teams they wish they were rivalling for the title.

It's the same every year, weak mentality. They can't win unless they don't expect to.
I don't think yesterday was a good way to judge his liverpool team. Liverpool always raise their games against big teams at Anfield, regardless of their manager. They always seem to be on steroids in terms of their work rate.

Good points. The league is won in the games against the so called lower teams and that is where we have fallen down over the years.

Those red nets were pathetic.Wtf was that all about ?
Imagine that. Red nets. Shocking eh? (nearly as bad as your shirts)

Name Changed

weso26
I think he will prove to be a good manager for Liverpool but only if he is given real time and some decent money to spend to get his own players in.

Some Liverpool fans seem to be demanding instant success though, which is ridiculous. A lad I know who is a 'Pool fan was going mad last week because Liverpool appointed Rodgers and Swansea appointed Laudrup. He wants Laudrup. And that was after one game. Crazy.

Rodgers may get sacked before he gets the time to build the squad he wants.

Red Norse

I'm hoping you'll be surprised. Swansea managed to keep it neat and tidy with a front 6 of Allen, Britton, Dyer, Sinclair, Gilfi & Graham. I'm pretty sure there is a tad more all-round quality in our front 6.
They kept it neat, but mainly kept posession in their own half.

It might suffice for Swansea, we'll see how it agrees with the Rafites ;)

KanieKaned

They may be able to kick on from a performance like this. Or else they may end up doing their usual thing from the past few years, nick point off one of the big boys/scalp them then a week later play wolves and get raped sideways.

It's been the smaller teams that they have constantly under performed against, if they can get that out of their system they will start to move closer to the likes of ourselves.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
The Liverpool - City game and result didn't surprise me one bit. I did post before the game there's no way City are going to get 3 points down there. For me it's the most difficult place to go in PL and I don't think City fancied it either.

It says nothing about Rodgers though, they proved they can fight against top dogs at home in recent years, the games against minnows, both home and away, are where they struggle. This is the area he has to improve if he wants to see his club gain some respect again. It came to the point that teams like Fulham, West Brom etc fancied their chances going to Anfield, let alone hosting them.

RyanGoggs

Insists on dating women in public places - for the
I was speaking to a Liverpool fan today who reckons Rodgers is a flop purely because he has only one point from three games and due to the individual errors some players have made (Brendan Rodgers fault why?). At the same time he reckons Dalglish has been harshly done by, as he was only given 18 months and transformed Liverpool from relegation strugglers to mid table mediocrity. Even though I explained that Dalglish only did "relatively" well compared to Hodgson and even then was pretty poor he refused to listen. Hypocrisy at its best. I can't believe there are Liverpool fans willing him to fail.

He also attacked Rodgers for wanting to turn Liverpool into a passing side and giving his tactics away by making this common knowledge, whilst also claiming Liverpool have always been a passing side. Even explaining that we ourselves have had some poor starts to the season before he would just not listen

God I hope us United fans are more sensible and realistic when Sir Alex calls it a day

Varun

Staff
I was speaking to a Liverpool fan today who reckons Rodgers is a flop purely because he has only one point from three games and due to the individual errors some players have made (Brendan Rodgers fault why?). At the same time he reckons Dalglish has been harshly done by, as he was only given 18 months and transformed Liverpool from relegation strugglers to mid table mediocrity. Even though I explained that Dalglish only did "relatively" well compared to Hodgson and even then was pretty poor he refused to listen. Hypocrisy at its best. I can't believe there are Liverpool fans willing him to fail.

He also attacked Rodgers for wanting to turn Liverpool into a passing side and giving his tactics away by making this common knowledge, whilst also claiming Liverpool have always been a passing side. Even explaining that we ourselves have had some poor starts to the season before he would just not listen

God I hope us United fans are more sensible and realistic when Sir Alex calls it a day
Depends on who takes over. If its a Guardiola or a Mourinho, people will be patient. Give the job to a David Moyes and expect flak everytime things go wrong.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
Rodgers did a podcast with The Anfield Wrap the other day. RAWK are raving about it and comparing him to Rafa a bit.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
From 'Brendan Talks to RAWK'; Rodgers on Lucas' latest injury:

"It was bitterly disappointing...because he's one of the disciples, I would say."

:eek:

Vibhas

aguero wasnt missed with tevez doing that against them. pool had missing men too, if you are going to talk about how well they did.

Nogbadthebad

aguero wasnt missed with tevez doing that against them. pool had missing men too, if you are going to talk about how well they did.
I thought the city game summed them up in their present form, be it under Kenny or Rodgers so far.

Raise the game against a better team, outplay them, forwards cant score, crumble when the pressure starts to mount , keeper makes a balls up, defence drops them in it,and dont win a game they should have been 4-0 up in.

AlwaysRedwood

From 'Brendan Talks to RAWK'; Rodgers on Lucas' latest injury:

"It was bitterly disappointing...because he's one of the disciples, I would say."

:eek:
He knows his audience. He did the same thing when he blamed the owners publicly for the Dempsey fiasco

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
He knows his audience. He did the same thing when he blamed the owners publicly for the Dempsey fiasco
He's clever alright. He's done his homework. All that shite in his statement when he joined about giving his life for the club and the city, its only in Liverpool where they expect that stuff. You'd be seen as a melodramatic chancer anywhere else. But they lap that shite up.
Good PR only gets you so far though. I think Fergies done well without a PR bone in his body.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21

Brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.